Do you plan on using your old name?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
agreiver
Sojourner

Do you plan on using your old name?

Postby agreiver » Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:31 pm

How many of you plan on using your old mud name again?
Kelgar/Gathinol
Sojourner

Postby Kelgar/Gathinol » Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:37 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by agreiver:
<B>How many of you plan on using your old mud name again?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Although I would like to use my old names, I don't see how it would be possible to organize it all on a grand scale so...
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:06 pm

Ragorn is dead. Originally I hatched a plot to raise him as a vampire under Tanras, then have Wanderlust remove the undead curse and restore him.. but.. that took too much writing Image

Instead I'll be introducing a new character, yet to be named.

- Ragorn
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:31 pm

I think I will. I had toyed with the idea of coming Thengil coming back as an anti-paladin this time, changed and scarred by his experiences... but I just think I'll miss roleplaying this snooty, goodytwoshoes lawful good Ambran-waver so I guess it'll be paladin again Image
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Thu Apr 19, 2001 1:46 pm

No. Tayros went into Baulder's Gate and was never heard from again. Some of the Clan believe he now resides in Viperstongue, while others insist he wanders the land as a shaman using a different name. In any case, he belongs to the ages.

Tayros

PS. Heya Admin types, put this name in the decline list? Thanks! Image
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:11 pm

I will be playing Visae Solovthova Again Image
(i.e. daughter of Ilshadrial)

Ilshadrial is perm retired and will be just used in stories and history.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:13 pm

Although the thought of playing a halfling rogue appealed to me, I think Yayaril will have to crawl out of the shadows again.

Yayaril
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:08 pm

Never again will Zuurn terrorize the small moles outside of Baulder's Gate, no more smiting drunks randomly for their 5 silver, no.

Zuurn sleeps for eternity.

------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Zuurn Shatter Skull (Troll)(RP) stands here.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:11 pm

Im not dead yet! You'll be seeing me in the future. Hmm still have to decide on race though.......
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:31 pm

Rymbie has retired from adventuring, as well...hehe. I'm planning to maybe write something as to whether he's just bumbling around in his Beluirian hovel or off spelunking in some far off place, but that can wait.

But anyway, I plan on playing a halfling warrior again...as Rymbie's daughter! Image It should be a blast...at least there'll be a few more shorties to play wif now that they've been balanced a bit more. For real, it was kinda lonely on Soj2 in terms of halfling warriors. :P

Rymbie/Shyarn
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus Blackfire » Thu Apr 19, 2001 5:23 pm

I wrote a short story, and put it in the stories section.... that is all the answer you need.

------------------
Sangdraxus Blackfire
Ancient Defender of Mask - Sojourn
Leader of the Veil of Darkness
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Thu Apr 19, 2001 5:54 pm

I will be back as Raiwen human skin and all. I'm glad to see more and more human clerics instead of the Dwarf variety. Now, dwarves are alright, with infra and all, but hoomans are the best.
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:37 pm

Wow a lot of replies in a short time.

Personally I plan on playing a girl this time around. It will be fun and different. Maybe I will use the same last name I used to have: Datren.

Look out for the spanky paladin chick Image
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:38 pm

Well, sadly enough, Sartorix came to an untimely demise as well. It has up until now been a closely guarded secret, but I may as well let you all in on it.
You see, Sartorix and another high level invoker were in a group and they both decided to cast a very deadly spell together. Yes, you know the one I'm talking about, that's right, detect magic. I know what you're thinking, "why on earth would they ever do such a mindlessly suicidal thing like that?". Well, in the heat of battle, they weren't thinking clearly and the resulting explosion of misguided and uncontrollable magic left both corpses able to see magical auras, and quite dead.*
So, Sartorix's spirit wandered around the realms for a while and was reincarnated into the body of a troll. So watch out for Sartorix the troll warrior next wipe! Mwa!**

* actual results may vary
** falacy, untruth, malingerance, misstatement, prevarication, simply not true

<font color="#FF0000">D<font color="#0000FF">i<font color="#FF0000">s<font color="#0000FF">c<font color="#FF0000">o <font color="#0000FF">L<font color="#FF0000">e<font color="#0000FF">m<font color="#FF0000">o<font color="#0000FF">n<font color="#FF0000">a<font color="#0000FF">d<font color="#FF0000">e</font></font> </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 04-19-2001).]
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:44 pm

Well I would love to be Laddie again, but I think I will try playing a Grey elf ranger this time. Maybe I can make my new character related to Ladorn somehow...Cousin? Half brother? I dunno, but I hope my old buds can recognize my name, hehe.

------------------
Ladorn Silverlake
Ranger Lord
Eye Aeternum
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Thu Apr 19, 2001 6:53 pm

I have no idea, what I am going to do when sojourn3 comes up. Does that seem wierd?
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Apr 19, 2001 10:27 pm

I'm commin' back as Sel, the grey elf enchanter. Toyed with the idea of going evil, but decided against it.

I'm also formulating a huge RP story for the "Goldflower" clan that spans through elven history (as per the book Evermeet). If anyone wants to get their elven/halfelven characters included in the story just drop me a line: blurr@udel.edu.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:13 pm

No surprise here.

Malacar, Grey Elf Enchanter.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Djaarrukan
Sojourner

Postby Djaarrukan » Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by agreiver:
<B>How many of you plan on using your old mud name again?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I am allowed to, you betcha. Otherwise any char you see with a name starting with Dj is prolly me.

Cya bubs

Dj
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Apr 20, 2001 10:45 am

Belleshel the Grey Ranger will be back, shes still quite young....maybe I'll kill her off for soj4 *duck*
Belle
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Apr 20, 2001 10:54 am

Cherzra will be back, I already changed my name going from toril to sojourn Image

Real trolls don't die, they regenerate!
Tzat
Sojourner

Postby Tzat » Fri Apr 20, 2001 11:38 pm

I probably would....but it seems that my name is innapropriate, *sniff*

-Tzat

Cmon, a human could be called that...maybe...
Korin
Sojourner

Postby Korin » Sat Apr 21, 2001 12:44 am

Well, since I had so much fun with the RP stories etc with Korin, I'm starting to think that I don't want to bring him back since the story would be completely diferent.

That and I'm begining to realize the futility of trying to get Korin as a grey elf name (since I want to be a grey elf this time). So I'm going to play Drathlaen this time. And no he won't be a warrior again. :P I'll probably go enchanter since I like that, tho if illusionists get dim/gate/relo or some sort of teleporting stuff I might do that instead this time around. Speaking of.. is there any info on illusionists yet? or is it all just a big suprise?

I'll also bring Losathe back as his original form, a rogue, probably human.

And since I'm one of those no-lifers who play anytime I'm not working or with gf, I'll probably play a troll warrior too. Tho I'm totally going with name generator to come up with his name. Image

Korin Myestas
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Postby Kelsiria » Sat Apr 21, 2001 4:15 pm

I will definitely keep Kelsiria, and Lirblie! I can't go far without my berry loving little musical halfling, now!

Kelsiria Image
Brenin
Sojourner

Postby Brenin » Sun Apr 22, 2001 12:18 am

I'll be back as Brenin again... but seeing as I was a necromancer in every previous incarnation of this game, and based on the changes, I don't know if I will do that class this time around...

... I'll decide later, I work better under pressure. Image
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Sun Apr 22, 2001 1:23 am

To all my friends. In a horrific battle with a efreeti Ruggak the troll met a horrible and terrible end. For his crimes he was forced to spend eternity as the God of Justice Tyr.
Vallon
Sojourner

Postby Vallon » Sun Apr 22, 2001 4:58 am

I haven't really played anything but an illithid for several wipes. It's still Nyyrazzilyss, and it's going to stay that way: Hopefully I can do more this time around.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2001 9:59 am

I'll be playing Jasix Prowlingwolf once again as the smelly egotistical womanising shaggy brute. I'm sure the little halfling Jibbi will emerge as a rogue and Z might be back as a conj/Mentalcase. And most likely Kaljaz as my necro.
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Mon Apr 23, 2001 7:50 pm

I'm still gonna be Werg, but since i can't wield the 2h mith hammer anymore, I'll have to come up with another reason/story for 'Crush Stuff'

-Werg (The *pretty* Troll!)

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2001 1:56 am

Rhoquinn Shadowhawk has retired to the lands of the north. When not drinking with Tayros he is writing the history of the clan.

P.S. Admin types, if it is possible please add Rhoquinn into the decline list.

Many thanks

------------------
Rho
santego
Sojourner

Postby santego » Wed Apr 25, 2001 11:04 am

Santego likes to show up in WD and chat with old friends from time to time. Most of the time he's disguised as a duergar rogue named Draakchadra though. Draak (as he's known) never seems to be around when Gledrukmig is (duergar cleric) for some reason. Its weird...You see, every once in a while when you are hanging out with Draak, some crisis arises and he suddenly runs off. 2 minutes later Gled (as he's known) shows up with a red cape on and a big "S" on his chest. I dont' know about Gled sometimes....
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 30, 2001 7:05 pm

Yeah.. I'll be Jaeron, but the sad reality is, I might not have enough time to level up enough to play for real. I will seriously try, but leveling seems to be alot slower then I remember. Then again, I used to play what.. 12 hours a day? I guess it COULD be that. Image

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”