Aggressive Bladers?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Aggressive Bladers?

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 02, 2001 2:26 pm

Just out of curiousity, do any of you skate? If so, what do you rock? (Wear)
I've got K2 King 55's, and I just got my little sister K2 125's 2001. Oh and.. where are you from if you do skate? I wanna see what the rest of the world looks like Image

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:37 pm

Hey Jaeron, I skate a bit. I'm not *hardcore* but good enough that i'm going to replace my blades this summer. (small hiatus after my wife and I had our son)

I couldn't even tell you what type of skates I got now they are junk, but when I get my new ones i'll tell ya what they are!

Hehe and I'll never forget the first dive I took.

I was going down a hill (of course) and there was this viaduct. At the apex there was a shitload of rocks scattered all over the sidewalk and I hit one. All i had on was wristguards. Hehe, hair still won't grow in that area on my leg!

anyways...you got me all in the mood to skate now i'll prolly hit the sportshop tonite and check out some new blades.

good to hear someone else out there doesn't sit on their butt all day. (every day)

Wobb/Vurad/Dror
Chris
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Apr 02, 2001 5:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wobb:
<B>I was going down a hill (of course) and there was this viaduct. At the apex there was a shitload of rocks scattered all over the sidewalk and I hit one. All i had on was wristguards. Hehe, hair still won't grow in that area on my leg!

Wobb/Vurad/Dror
Chris</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I was going up a hill, (not so of course) racing a buddy. Was wearing some basic gear, and flipped up and landed catching myself with my wrist out in front of me to break the fall. Wound up jamming my arm hard upward and messed up my rotator cuff. If you've ever torqued your rotator cuff you know what this was like. Had pains in that shoulder for 2 years before I finally didn't feel it anymore. Image

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 02, 2001 6:29 pm

Heh.. I broke my wrist dropping in on a quarterpipe.. I never got it set, but it's healed perfectly. Lucky I guess. Then a few months ago, I went down a 12 foot ramp, up a 6 foot ramp, jumped onto a railed box which was 6 feet long, 2 feet high, and 2 feet wide. I was going across with my right foot bent back so that only one wheel would be touching the box, and my left foot fell off the box. It bent my foot all the way back, and when I rolled off the box, I landed on it. It took it completely out of socket. I was completely numb. I twisted it back around so that the foot was facing forward again, snapped it back in place, and skated out of the park. Applied ice for 4 hours with 10 minute breaks every half hour, and it still swelled to double the size. I tore a ligament and tendon, and I have a permenant lump on my shin where cartilidge formed up. Sucked pretty bad Image I was supposed to be on crutches and air cast for at least a month, but I took them off the next weekend, and started skating again. I prolly shoulda let it heal right. Image

------------------
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Mon Apr 02, 2001 9:53 pm

hey Jae, i usta kinda skate.. wasn't too great at it, but could never find anyone here in Toronto that was into the aggro skate scene. i've still got my k2 Fatty's and ride them.. now every other kid in the citý's into the inline thing *feh*
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Wed Apr 04, 2001 1:21 pm

Nice.. Fattys are hard to come by nowadays. Image

------------------
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Mon Apr 09, 2001 2:40 pm

Where I come from we call that queer blading... Skate (board) or die! Image

-That one anon guy that you don't know
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 09, 2001 2:51 pm

Yeah we know your type around here too.. you're one of "Those guys who we come flying at top speed, slam into and knock them off their boards" Image

------------------
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Sat May 05, 2001 12:21 pm

Alright Jaeron....

I just picked up a set of Salomon AC7's.

Tell me it was worth it. Fit like a glove, errrrr but on the foot!

Wobb
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Sat May 05, 2001 3:27 pm

This year, Salomon has the first skate I can say I like.. I've always been a fan of K2, but the new USD's are my "this year" favorite. Those Salomons are hot though. Image

I'm going to the Vans Skatepark today actually.. a friend of mine has those.. I'll rock em for a while.

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”