Wisdom?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Faerlien
Sojourner

Wisdom?

Postby Faerlien » Tue May 08, 2001 12:07 pm

Does anyone know for sure if Wisdom does or does not affect how fast you learn all of your skills. I have heard some say that wisdom is no longer that important for nonclerical classes. Others still insist it is one of the most essential attributes.

Facts anyone?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue May 08, 2001 12:24 pm

Wisdom affects casting time for clerical spellcasters.

As far as skill notching, skills notch based on the stat they are represented under in the PRAC list. Thus, a warrior with high strength, not wisdom, will notch bash faster. This is how it was explained to me by, I think, Uthgar. Take it for what it's worth Image

- Ragorn
imp
Sojourner

Postby imp » Tue May 08, 2001 12:40 pm

Then you'd think I notch fast as an ogre with really nice str...nope! notching skills seems VERY slow, actually just notched offense once or twice, bash a few more while 1h slash seems to be the only one notching at decent speed.

We exp to fast?

Bogra - trying to wipe the grease from her weapon handle
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue May 08, 2001 1:27 pm

Well, don't forget skills are capped very low at low levels. Wasn't until level 4 that I notched 1h slashing once, wasn't until level 8 that I notched offense.

- Ragorn
Faerlien
Sojourner

Postby Faerlien » Tue May 08, 2001 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reply Ragorn.

Now here is something funny, my level 1 invoker notched 1h piercing twice at level 1 and his strenght is only Good.

Of course level 1 takes alot longer when your an invoker Image
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Tue May 08, 2001 2:30 pm

yeah my caster with heroic int notches mad fast in all skills, including 1h piercing... so chances are learning skills is based off int?

Averyn
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Tue May 08, 2001 3:17 pm

Int and wis both play useful but different roles in the learning of skills, in addition to the stats the skills say they are based on.

Uthgar
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Wed May 09, 2001 5:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>Wisdom affects casting time for clerical spellcasters.

As far as skill notching, skills notch based on the stat they are represented under in the PRAC list. Thus, a warrior with high strength, not wisdom, will notch bash faster. This is how it was explained to me by, I think, Uthgar. Take it for what it's worth Image

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you're mostly correct.

Intelligence *does* affect how you notch skills, and Wisdom does have a lesser effect on that.

No, I'm not going to post how they affect it directly, but just thought people might wanna know that.

Even so, I wouldn't worry, as a warrior, about those 2 stats. I have bad int, mundane wis and I'm notching just fine. *shrug*

*ADDITION*

Heh... and so of course at the bottom of the thread is Uthgar saying exactly what I'm saying. What a country.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 05-09-2001).]
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu May 10, 2001 9:35 am

If that's true, Uthgar, I'm glad I skipped over the superior physical stats and instead took a character with higher intelligence and wisdom. However, my power really suffered for it =D I do notice a lot of skill raises.

Yayaril

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”