Angry, Global Tracking, and Indestructable Troll

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Vigis
Sojourner

Angry, Global Tracking, and Indestructable Troll

Postby Vigis » Thu May 10, 2001 7:00 am

We were exping up near GN tonight when we met the biggest, baddest, and meanest troll I have ever seen in my life. All of a sudden I go up and there is this undead troll in red ansi. I wish I had the log for this one cause it rocked.
Anyhow, troll attacks the little druid with us. I have time to con it. cons are you mad? Heh, not a problem right? Wrong! Druid flees, troll is aggro. Starts on me. I hit it with 3 shieldpunches and both shamans start unloading nukes on it. It never got below excellent. I got down to about 7 hps and fled. As I am leaving zone Sarvis and his group go in and I tell Sarvis CAREFUL!! He comes running out with that nasty troll right behind him. I saw that and was off like a bat out of hell. Only place I could be found for the next 20 minutes or so was right beside Uncle Kralgar Bonesnapper. Let's see that global tracking troll get into here Image Welp, the troll is just going nuts when we find out that it is tracking people it has already killed, and killing them again and again and again! Pretty sure the gods decided he was just not a nice mob and spanked him for us. I went back to zone and it looked like fields of the dead --- Dead bodies EVERYWHERE! All in all, I thought it was hilarious. BTW have I ever mentioned that I LOVE Barbarian stamina? I can run like the wind Image

Vigis Wolverinefang Tribe of the Frostbear
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Thu May 10, 2001 9:12 am

rofl Vigis!!!!!!!

but damn glad to finally see some Global Tracking good alignment killing mobs.

If i gotta deal with four sets of global tracking and summoning Paladins, a priest of Shevy, elven trackers heheh
bout time you goodie aligns get to get wacked too

ROFL wish i coulda seen the carnage.
BTW was that surface elven scum Frensolith among the dead bloatted corpses *grin*

Nilan

Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu May 10, 2001 9:32 am

Die point ear!

Yayaril
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Thu May 10, 2001 9:59 am

Ill give ya a hint.. It has vamp touch.. and is tada.. a ghoul.. Image it never went bellow excellent cause it was leeching all yer life.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu May 10, 2001 10:42 am

Getting off the ferry and seeing

A paladin of Tyr stands here.
A barbarian shaman stands here.
An elven ranger stands here.
A half-elf druid stands here.
A halfling thief stands here.

rules!

Followed by

A PALADIN SENDS YOU SPRAWLING!
A PALADIN KICKS YOUR A$$ REAL HARD!
A PALADIN KICKS YOUR A$$ REAL HARD!
A HALFLING KICKS YOUR A$$ REAL HARD!
A HALFLING KICKS YOUR A$$ REAL HARD!
A RANGER KICKS YOUR A$$ REAL HARD!
A RANGER KICKSYOUR A$$ REAL HARD!

you are dead, rip!

=)
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 10, 2001 12:44 pm

Suck it up Nilan... at least the paladin's don't keep killing you after you've died. Image And no bitching about how tough evil's life is after you decided it would be better to become a drow... shoulda stayed human if yer gonna whine about it. Image Hrm... maybe have to roll my drow back up so I can capture ye...

Sarvis
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu May 10, 2001 4:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Galok Icewolf:
Ill give ya a hint.. It has vamp touch.. and is tada.. a ghoul.. Image it never went bellow excellent cause it was leeching all yer life.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might also be a wraith form (wraith class). Were you actually able to land hits on it?
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Thu May 10, 2001 6:32 pm

They were casting against it so they damaged it weather or not they hit. I guess the vamp touch is probably the best explanation but it still seems funky somehow.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri May 11, 2001 3:37 am

Laugh Sarvis, whos whining just wish i coulda seen the carnage. Besides in case you didnt know, Nilan as a human assassin was aggro to pretty much all my lil drow is aggro to, So you see i have had alotta practice in the ways of avoiding silly paladins and worthless rangers Image

Just sorry i missed your ranger body sprawled out among the wreckage *grins evily*
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri May 11, 2001 12:27 pm

Hate to disappoint ye Nilan, but I didn't die. I got most of my group out safely, except for the one guy who inexplicably laid down to take a nap as we were err.. making a tactical retreat. *poke Gindipple* I guess puny rogues just have more trouble surviving against those 'lil paladins than I do against giant undead trolls. Odd that. Image

Sarvis

[This message has been edited by Sarvis (edited 05-11-2001).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Sun May 13, 2001 3:15 pm

I was one of the Shaman in that group, we hit it, I nuked it with everything a lowly 11th level shaman has aggro spell wise, and didn't even scratch the surface. I didn't get hit by it but told everyone OUT OUT OUT. I moved a room, it followed, and I did my best Carl Lewis impression with the rest of the group. I ended up right next to Vigis w/ good ol Kralgar. I was also the guinea pig on if it saw invis or not. It either didn't or the gods killed it before it got back to me. In any event I provided invisses for the next 4 CR's from that, and yes, corpses littered the zone.

Toplack aka Gort
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon May 14, 2001 5:55 pm

is that the troll that is a rareload in GN? i know he's a quest mob. but if he tracks the dead, must be a really bored god :P
do you have his name in a log or something?
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Mon May 14, 2001 11:05 pm

If it was a ghoul and vamp touching... you'd probably be taking approx 40-50 hp per vamp touch... and there wouldn't be a "hit message" associated with each attack...
And if you landed 3 spunches that means 6 rounds of combat at least with an innate vamp touch mob... OUCH!

It could have been just an undead starting of with greater than normal max hp..
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue May 15, 2001 12:38 am

Does Vamp touch give the message that it drains you? if so, that is what it had. And yes *OUCH*
Thank goodness that my shieldblock worked a few times. *shudder*
And I do believe it was a ghoul.
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu May 17, 2001 6:20 am

FYI Dwarven Commander on BGR also drains... was explained to me sometime last wipe that it was "high undead" whatever the heck that means (can't command undead it, for one).

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”