Attention all Sojourners!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Attention all Sojourners!

Postby Kelsiria » Tue May 29, 2001 6:10 pm

Recently I have noticed a slew of threads about various and different subjects that invariably leads to the same arugment on every single thread. Who's right, who's smarter, which align is better, good or evil, etc etc etc...

Well, frankly I'm getting tired of reading nothing but a bunch of flames.

I will admit that in the begining I was right up there with the accusations and finger pointing, but, I came to realize that this BBS was not put up here to see how well we can slander one another.

This BBS is here to ask questions, bring up ideas, express concerns, or address the admins on bugs and ingame problems. This BBS was not designed for people to take pop shots at one another.

If a person asks a question on the BBS, many times that person is ostersized for their questions! Its going to make people NOT want to post honest questions if they feel that someone is going to make fun of them because they don't know something about the game.

If a person expresses a concern, that does not mean that their idea is wrong! There is no right or wrong in this mud! Everyone has their own identity and their own style of playing. Everyone eventually learns their own way around the mud. One person's way of doing a zone or leading a group can be completely different than anothers, that doens't mean that one or the other is right or wrong, they just have different styles. Why can't everyone except that. The people on Sojourn, in general, are smart people. If a person is leading a zone and doing a sucky job, more than likely that person will not be successfull in keeping a group together on the next time they lead a zone.

If a person is new to the mud and asks alot of questions, think of the very first time YOU ever logged onto a mud and put yourself in that newbie's shoes!

Face it, people are going to lie, steal, cheat, deceive and do whatever they can if they think they can get away with it. Its called life. This mud has always had its dishonest people, BUT it has also had its fair share of honest and dedicated players. People who play the mud dishonestly usually don't stick around for to long.

Sojourn is its on little Microcosmos. Its a society of very different people with one common interest, we all love to mud and we've chose Sojourn as our home.

I, for one, would like to see less flames on this BBS and more constructive comments that will HELP and IMPROVE our world. Lets stop wagging our fingers at everyone if they have a different idea than everyone else. Instead, look at it how they see it, then make an objective decision on how you are going to post your ideas.

I doubt my post will help anyone realize whats going on with our BBS, but maybe one person will think of what they are going to post in regards to someones accusations and not start a flame war for all to read. Trying to make themselves look like the hero, when in fact, in my opinion, a person who calls names is the real fool.

Kelsi

"Man has eyes, yet does not see. Man has ears, yet does not hear."
- King David
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue May 29, 2001 6:39 pm

I have to agree. I mentioned the same thing to Mask last night.

I'm as guilty as any, will try to refrain from flames in the future, and probably just email my ideas, thoughts, and feedback to the admins. It's less of a hassle.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue May 29, 2001 6:41 pm

Any chance of this thread turning into a flame thread? I enjoy reading them at work all day. Image
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Postby Kelsiria » Tue May 29, 2001 7:08 pm

*bonk Gindipple*

Kelsi
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Tue May 29, 2001 8:11 pm

He's got a point kel, it can be quite entertaining when people start calling each other names i haven't used since the 3rd grade!

You doody head!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 29, 2001 8:15 pm

Well said Kelsiria.

You'll notice that, in the hope that near complete freedom of speech will help spur creativity, we haven't been deleting flames, even some directed at the staff.

It would certainly be a shame if we had to start killing threads full of flames, and a waste of at least one staff member's time.

Please try and keep things reasonable guys, and read Kelsiria's post a few times! Image

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue May 29, 2001 9:18 pm

Good point Shevarash.

Gerad...I mean, Yayaril!
Zhadrak/Dharag
Sojourner

Postby Zhadrak/Dharag » Wed May 30, 2001 8:51 am

Give us a flame board! so we that likes to flame and get flamed doesnt disturb the people who only wants to read constructive critisism. go ahead FLAME me!

/tha Honk
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed May 30, 2001 9:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zhadrak/Dharag:
<B>go ahead FLAME me!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jävla Norrlänning!

/Jegzed - 08 forever!
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed May 30, 2001 2:45 pm

As long as the flame posts arnt personal insults or crude i don't really see what the problem is. If you want a happy go lucky society where everyone is buddies go play smufr village mud, but here it is our conflicts that help define us. Plus Cherzra makes me seem nice Image
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Postby Kelsiria » Wed May 30, 2001 3:35 pm

You are missing my point. If people want to flame each other, then fine, do it. BUT my point is, is that EVERY single thread seems to end up in the same exact argument! I'm tired of reading about the same thing. KEEP to the subject of the original poster!

Kelsi
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Wed May 30, 2001 5:53 pm

can we have another category on the BBS?
... Useless Flames.....

they are fun to read for some of us Image

Dibble.
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Wed May 30, 2001 6:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dibble:
<B>can we have another category on the BBS?
... Useless Flames.....

they are fun to read for some of us Image

Dibble.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree!
lot easier to stay awake at work if you can flame stuff!
Flame Board!!
I second that emotion
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Thu May 31, 2001 8:07 am

When i notice flames between evil/good i only scroll down till i see an imm name whom probably will be interesting, if not then i move to the next topic to avoid useless reading..
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Thu May 31, 2001 8:44 pm

BBS's suck. All they do is breed egos and unhappiness. They lower userbase. I say dump the forums altogether.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Thu May 31, 2001 11:47 pm

*FLAME ON*
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu May 31, 2001 11:49 pm

jaeron post some stuff about duris or bloodlust. i wanna see folks try to beat on you. i just found the bbs. so i never got a chance. bring back the smack
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Sun Jun 03, 2001 8:25 am

I seem to do the exact thing Vazz does. The flaming helps nothing at all other than try to expand the flamer's ego. Pointless reading and a waste of everyone's time.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Jun 03, 2001 12:27 pm

Jaeron took plenty of beatings on the SOS2 BBS before this one came up. We had been flaming on that thing for almost a year before this BBS came up, and most of us are still here Image Jaeron even quit posting to the other BBS for a while, before he came back as a glutton for punishment Image Just ask him about the shovel comment. *duck*

Lyt
Gorkl
Sojourner

Postby Gorkl » Mon Jun 04, 2001 2:37 pm

HERE, HERE!
I seem to remember Sojourn 2 Closing due to some flames pointed at a certain GM. This is something we don't need. If you're going to go off on people, and flame, please do it somewhere else. I for one am very happy that they have re-opened this mud.

The Gorkster.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Jun 06, 2001 12:11 pm

Well said, Gorkl!

Indeed.

There are several posts in the past few weeks about "flaming" and trying to justify it, and people don't seem to get it.

Flaming/abuse/telling ppl off should have no place in our fun rpg world.
Those that feel the need to, how about trying CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, and advice, and discussion, and hints.

I'm talking about serious ooc heated abuse here, of course. Not RP, nor fun joking discussion and pay-outs.

Fun is fun, and jokes are jokes Image

But Abuse is for the cell walls.

Let's hunt.

Mogr.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”