11 Strange Kobolds

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Vigis
Sojourner

11 Strange Kobolds

Postby Vigis » Mon May 21, 2001 8:58 am

Okay, I got off Mirar Ferry, to the south side, and there were 11 kobolds standing there. They attacked. I got one incapacitated and they all faded away. . .ummm what the heck happened? First off, Been playing here for 6 years and never seen them, second off, when I got a DI 3 minutes later, they weren't there. Where did they go? Where did they come from? When did kobolds learn how to do magic? Why did they disappear as soon as I started kicking their butts? Anybody else ever seen them? Are they rare loads? Just keep repeating these questions to yourself, you'll end up trying to answer them and be back at question #1 Image Just curious if anybody else has ever seen or heard of them, cause I wanna kill them REAL bad now.

Vigis Wolverinefang
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon May 21, 2001 9:09 am

They are random and they probably ran off at daybreak =D I encountered an orcish captain and about 12 orcish grunts in the faerie forest. I assembled a group, killed 3 of them and they faded away right when the battle was getting juicy.

Yayaril
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon May 21, 2001 9:22 am

Sounds like one of the groups of the global distrubution mobs Image Like those cute trolls with their stones and slings, and that damned paladin with his friends.
Faedril
Sojourner

Postby Faedril » Mon May 21, 2001 9:53 am

Yep, and one of the "night time" mobs. We have a nice Warg out on EM that pops up at night every once in a while. Got to be sure to kill him before the sun comes up or he fades away laughing at your attempt to kill him.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon May 21, 2001 6:11 pm

Yeah, the random global mobs seem to vanish on their own after a while. That made things like CRs a lot of lowbies had to do from a nasty neogi warrior that popped by entrance to BGR much easier.
Kelsiria
Sojourner

Postby Kelsiria » Mon May 21, 2001 7:19 pm

Actually, that nasty Neogi warrior didn't pop up there... He was found on another part of BGR, way far away from the entrance where he finally rested.

This mob was viscious. My group was the one who encountered him. He kept dimming to all the group members and one other worded. I figured, hey, I'll word, go into the zone and summon out my fleeing member. So I high tailed it from EM to the entrance to BGR. Where I rested to pray for my summon spell. I got consent from my groupmember and as I stood to cast the spell, low and behold, who dimmed to me but a neogi warrior. I was killed in one hit. In this scenario, I really don't see how we were able to avoid being chased down and slaughtered by this mob anyway, and since he was moving all over bgr, any poor explorer would have encountered him.

Kelsi
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue May 22, 2001 7:10 am

Once you wake Malice up, it's the same story. Just gotta learn what to be careful of.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat May 26, 2001 9:23 am

Hmm, once you're level 12+, I don't think malice kills in one hit unless you get critted. I seem to recall that he didn't hit as hard as he might have, although he did crit often, and being critted by a mob of his stature means pain.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Sun Jun 10, 2001 5:02 am

Play the dim door game. Whenever that silly door opens move 1 room in the direction you are trying to flee. Stay away from rooms that eat moves and you may actually escape when the mob runns outta spells. If you panic and run like crazy you runnouta moves and dont really get anywhere. Its nerve wracking but can be an interesting experience.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Jun 11, 2001 12:41 pm

Since when do mobs run outta spells? They don't actually... that's why you never see them stop to mem or anything. However if you can make it to the ferry that's out of Malice's territory or something and he stops trying to dim to you. I somehow made it with the mad dash technique once... but I had help on the first part of the trip because he was after the rest of my group. Image
Rest, dim door opens, stand and run like hell... lather, rinse, repeat. Image

Sarvis
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Mon Jun 11, 2001 4:58 pm

Don't mobs use psps for their spells? Or something similar..I'm pretty sure I've seen a mob or two stop casting after a while in a long fight.

<font color="#0000FF">Disco Lemonade</font>

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 06-11-2001).]
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Mon Jun 11, 2001 8:19 pm

They definitely do mem spells. I'm pretty sure they can mem in combat, however. So you have to do something to prevent them from memming... like feeblemind.

BTW, feeblemind seems to be working fine. Just had something weird happen with Robyn.
Kajib
Sojourner

Postby Kajib » Tue Jun 12, 2001 10:39 am

If mobs here are coded anything like on Duris, mobs use PSP as far as I know. I remember fighting this one mob once, and they kept sending in elementals so the mob would cast and eventually not be able to use anymore spells....was sorta lame, but it worked.
Matt

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kajib:
<B>If mobs here are coded anything like on Duris, mobs use PSP as far as I know. I remember fighting this one mob once, and they kept sending in elementals so the mob would cast and eventually not be able to use anymore spells....was sorta lame, but it worked.
Matt</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be surprised if Duris mobs used PSPs. We have not used PSPs for casting for a loooooooong time. Mobs mem their spells, same as players do, and get similar numbers of spells at each circle.

--D2

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”