Dumbest thing you've ever done on Soj?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Thengil
Sojourner

Dumbest thing you\'ve ever done on Soj?

Postby Thengil » Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:53 am

I'll start off with my worst moment:

This is in soj1, after the first wipe I think. (I can never remember when I did what and suchlike Image ) The ress quest was in Leuthilspar back then as you surely know, and we were a big group getting summoned in by an elf to do the spirit guardian.

I'm getting summoned inside and sit down at the fountain, where most of the group is sitting along with, say, 5 to 10 newbies. It's late night (about 4am) in Sweden by this time and I'm a bit tired and really not paying attention to whats happening, and suddenly the cleric gets a shadow while summoning. Not thinking, I assist the cleric. Back then, mobs would only cast area spells if attacked by more than one player... So the shadow promptly casts cyclone and wipes out every poor newbie at the fountain. I had to apologize for like hours after that Image That was my most red-faced moment in soj...
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:30 am

haha..
Well i never done any dumb things *whistle*
But i remember seeing this.
We were doing vault, or rather about to do vault. The group was puckering up by the archivist for the nebula and casters were praying/memming.
Fylne got bored and sent away an emote
emote sends An archivist sprawling with a powerful bash.

Some of the less smart warriors spammed away bashes too then. Of course he missed and a couple of nice vampires slaughtered the group. It was messy and people was friggin mad. Noone knew if to blame fylnde for the dumb emote or the dumb warrior to spam out bash.

- Bibbe

All makt at Thengil, var befriare..
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:04 pm

Hmm.. gith anyone?

/Jegzed

All makt åt Thengil, befriaren!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:07 pm

Yeah but not with drogga!

Heh, I still have that log around somewhere...
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 19, 2001 8:53 pm

"I can spam in and drag he corpse before he hits me."
(As i hit e;drag corpse w) "no don't you're the only other brass resser!"
splat!

or the time where touk and I went up to ice crag to toy with kajib's group and we went ahead of them and stole the red key. Then while hey were spelling up for mahdrel we ran in and accidentally lured him out. Thus spankign half the group before he died. Keep in mind we were roleplaying this whole time and both extremely hyper for no good reason.

Gormal
agreiver
Sojourner

Postby agreiver » Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:18 pm

One time when I was in the mid 40's level I was exploring down near Ghore. I dont remember exactly what I did but somehow I accidently entered the town of Ghore and had a bunch of guards chasing me. I ended up dying and there were no evils on that I was friends with to get my eq. This was before you would get outcasted for being with evils. Anyway I ended up having to multiplay (yes I broke the rules) with my troll to get my shit back.

Incidently Ghore must be my bad luck area because a couple of years later after Agreiver his alignment changed to -1000 I decided to start a troll. I had a bunch of awesome eq from Agreiver. I chugged a potion that I didnt know what it was. Turns out it was a teleport potion and it teleported me right into the Ghore Palace into the King. Needless to say I lost all my equipment because its nearly impossible to get back from there without a huge group of evils. Anyway this is when I pretty much left Sojourn.
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Mon Feb 19, 2001 9:53 pm

My worst moment was on Toril. I was playing my level 20 some sorc Margar exploring while invis. I went down into the lava tubes wandered passed the skelitons that guard the next zone and got my ass womped by some sort of lava demon. It to a group of level 45+'s to get my stuff back. Many of them died, some more than once. I think they were all just board. My equ was realt good for a level 20 but not THAT good and certanly replcable with some effort. Well thanks again to all that participated in that CR.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:07 pm

Let's see...there's the time I was playing my troll. Frobakhal, myself, and some other warrior (can't remember who right now), did the rabid troll in Ghore for the dragonbone bracelet. Well, since we had no cleric, we couldn't get summoned out. So Frobakhal starts divvying out those damned dark blue potions. The other two quaff, get out just fine. Myself quaffs, and within 3 seconds I was dead. Landed in some stupidass treasure room in the palace with a locked door and an aggro guardian. Of course I lost all my stuff, and I was the one who had looted the rabid troll. FEH. Ya know, I still don't think anyone ever found that secret treasure room.

Then there was the time when we all got spanked at Tia (which time? HAHAH). Well, I had been up like 30 hours, and it was 4 AM, and I had to be at work in 3 hours. Of course, the inevitable happened....crash. So I'm all saying "DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!!" to myself, and I hang around for 20 minutes, and we're all thinking we're gonna lose our stuff. So hearing this, I log and go get some sleep.

Come home from work later on, everyone's yelling at me for logging out. Ilsha had used Fade to drag all the corpses out. Mine had decayed and the baby reds had picked all my stuff up LOL. I had just gotten that flaming earring as a gift from Lloth 3 days before for helping with that one real big nasty roots spank. *smirk*

Oh yeah, and there's the one time I did the #99 flee after porting to Astral for shits n giggles. I think every single mob was after me HAHAHAH. I don't know how it happened, but when it all ended....I landed at the Jot tree...*cackle!*

I know there's more...I just can't think of em all.

Yas - king of stupid screw-ups *snicker*
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 19, 2001 10:20 pm

Too many to list.

Spriggan lair.
Vault spank(s).
Guilding Kildran.

Take your pick.

- Ragorn
Dranak
Sojourner

Postby Dranak » Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:26 pm

Muhaha.

#1. Doing strange boots with Gordex at 3:15 am when the gods werent on (a 3rd time no less) only to be greeted by Lloth at 1w the next morning...

#2. Giving taht cursed gaudy crown to that newbie at 1w who was bugging everyone for eq, only to be sent to Tia by Lovi. Image enjoy!
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:26 am

Dumbest thing I've done, eh? Well, I was running down past the Calimshan desert, had no AC eq on, just my mvs eq. Run into some aggro priestess and some halfling sheriff thing, well I thought 'I'll run someplace, get my eq on and whip them' Well, it turns out that I run into Luiren....not good for a troll, needless to say I was slaughtered by the gateguards. Image

-Z
Kajib
Sojourner

Postby Kajib » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:45 am

Hmm, dumbest things I've ever done....a few things come to mind heh
Firstly....following Gormal anywhere hehehe, read his above post.
Another Gormal incident was when he went into the dark dragon or whatever...I was in his group, and while they all hopped into the wrong portal, I happened to glance in and go into the right one, so I avoided that little embarassment.
Hm...now that I think of it, a lot of things with Gormal...damn you jake! ROR
Matt
Varkus
Sojourner

Postby Varkus » Tue Feb 20, 2001 3:06 am

Hope no one personally remembers this...

This must have been back in 95 or so when I was a total newbie to the MUD (don't even remember my character's name of the time). Anyway, being unfamiliar with MUDs and their general workings, I didn't realized that the gods liked to send out random, global messages (especially when their feeling a little punchy). Well...I kept getting these messages like "I'm gonna kill you" that I took rather personally. Responding in kind, I spammed the living hell out of the sender- who turned out to be a less-than-happy-with-me god and I promptly found myself in one of those nice little holding rooms facing a little well-deserved wrath. Heh...newbies...
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:03 am

sonofa! kajib you shall die!

Toddrick led us into dark dragon biotch! I was the one who got our eq out without anyone having to get outcasted. Amazing how savior becomes the guy at fault! and i wish i could agone hunting with you guys after i shifted out:P

Gormal "Don't worry my hammer will keep it bashed" Stoneforge
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Feb 20, 2001 4:20 am

Casually mentioning to Ragorn one quiet day on traders road that "sure I know where the Scorn Mines are".....--->Spriggan lair incident...

Having grouped previously with a lvl 40 necro, hadn't togged follow after group so had him still following me. So after I had wandered to scorn for a few hours was strolling back casually (tapping the key-pad like a madman) towards WD right by TP where the afformentioned necro was sitting, and into WD...WHAP!!! flat necro....

Of course walking in on 1000000 AGROS where I should never have been but in the immortal words of a barb warrior "thats not stupid..just brave"...

Sarell/Ladak etc

[This message has been edited by Sarell (edited 02-19-2001).]
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:37 am

I think the dumbest I have done was with my cleric, Gwubi. He had gotten 47. Because of his status as a resser, I got people to help me get planeshift. I had to fool around with it. So, after one reboot, I decided to planeshift. I got onto astral and everything was cool. I walked around a bit, smiting evil baddies with my holy word and ended up in Jot after a few minutes. I decided to see if fireweed loaded. I waltzed into that volcano and didn't see anything. I thought maybe I got the location wrong so I went up once more...Immediately I saw two huge fire giants bashing my ass. I stood up and casted recall just to remember that Jot is !recall. Slow reaction and poor memory got me killed on top of that volcano.

Although, everything was cool because when I planeshifted back onto astral and then into Jot, I saw Toddrick's group ready to head in. I tagged along, got my stuff back and because the second backup healer of the group =)

Gwubi The ONLY gnome cleric! (who ever got ress at least)
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:34 am

When was just newbie tagged with coupple high lvls and a bounch of mids to get some exp can't remember where but the point is somehow everyone got nailed except me because was a bard and invis.. suddenly recieved everyone's consent to loot and i did but had to drop some bags to order everybody's crap.. then i realized i was levitating over water... that's how i realized stuff sinks on water! Image

ah.. don't cast blur on the mob you are fighting, specially if it's world track/group tracker
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:07 pm

....*whistle*

[This message has been edited by Selenar (edited 02-20-2001).]
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Wed Feb 21, 2001 1:40 am

Ahh, stupidest thing that I've done... well I guess typing "consent ragorn" or "consent gormal" is along that line, but I think this one is worse:

I was playing as my ranger Cail and was putzing around UM with Grenan. I looked at him and didn't understand why he was nekkid, I just figured he'd lost his eq or something like that. Well while we were running around down there, I found the shaft, and since I didn't have lev or fly going I fell to my death (stupid thing #1). Grenan couldn't get my stuff for me, so I figured that I'd ask Ilshad to get it for me. She faded in and grabbed my stuff and faded out (stupid thing #2). Once she handed it to me, I got nailed by Kia and put at -200 align with 1 week to fix it. Once that happened, I couldn't use my emerald longsword because it was good only, and I bought a pair of grey suede boots off of a barbarian. All of a sudden Kia poofs in again, tells me that I'm a complete moron and knocks my align down to -800. It turns out that the barbarian was evil (stupid thing #3).
Kyse
Sojourner

Postby Kyse » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:38 am

I told Grenan how to connect to a MUD and gave him Torils address. You all know what happens then.
Tirus
Sojourner

Postby Tirus » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:54 am

doesn't that qualify Kyse for a lifetime ban?
modu
Sojourner

Postby modu » Wed Feb 21, 2001 5:54 am

I am going to change the topic somewhat to stupidest thing you have seen done in Toril.
I suspect this one will be hard to top. It will be interesting to see how many old timers remember it as well. Since my memory has faded, I forget the exact name of the sorcerer who did the deed but it should go right to the top of the list.

Anyhow, I will take you back to the very first time Imix was defeated on the Mud. Back when no player had yet wielded Doombringer or Avernus.

The adventurers gathered and headed to the plane. I think it was part of a quest but it is so far distant, I am not sure if anyone remembers. Yet, it was a special group of all the high levels and heroes of that time attempting that which hadnt been done before.

The moment came and we realized it was going to happen. None knew exactly what to expect. We had fought Imix before but had never won. We entered battle.

A gasp came when everyone realized that Imix was wielding Doombringer this fight and if we won, a tank would have an epic weapon. The excited tanks rushed to their task swinging their weapons mightily. The clerics attended their fighters trying to keep everyone alive.

Then the mighty casters sprang into action .... but what was that.. from the back behind the tanks a mighty sorcerer started to cast a rarely used spell hard to land spell ... one with mighty damage ... but with one tiny wee minor little small forgotten inconsequential easy to overlook disadvantage.

A magic ray burst from this sorcerer's hands and bathed Imix with a magic beam and the group almost fell over with laughter as they saw the text ... "Doombringer has been disintegrated."
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:34 am

MODU!!!

Selenar was there...definately. Back when I ran around with Mikayla, Jerra and Jihad..God who was that...

Lets blame Kyntara for the time being =P

-Sel
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Wed Feb 21, 2001 8:13 am

Hmm Modu I've got the name on the tip of my tongue... It was a gnome, damn what was his name... Argh I hate it when I dont remember things like this
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Wed Feb 21, 2001 11:08 am

Kyntara!

-Sel
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Feb 21, 2001 2:17 pm

The stupidist thing I've ever seen done is a paladin sold me an item. A few minutes later they started griping that because I bought that item from them, that they were stripped of paladinhood. I guess they wanted the money so badly that they just forgot to check that I was indeed an assassin(and not the good kind, mind you).

Yayaril
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Feb 22, 2001 2:30 pm

Keep in mind that sojourn was the first mud I played on.
While wandering around WD with my spanky new ranger with a con of around 8(I just took what the roller gave me on the first roll, didn't know any better)
"Do you know where the bazzar is?" someone asked me.
"No I don't, I'm quite new here myself" I replied.
I proceeded to have a one side conversation with this person for a while before I realized that this was not a PC but a mob.
Luckly noone was around to witness this display of newbie-ness.

Rausrh licks you.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Thu Feb 22, 2001 8:05 pm

I took a group to get the (crap what was it called) the black/green haste cloak from kuo!

We got to the princess and someone told me to drop the key outside in case we die. I dropped the key thinking yeah, heck if we die in there, and the key is locked inside, we'll never get our stuff back!

Well, low and behold we kill her and not 2 seconds after we killed her, the zone pops and the door is locked...with the key outside. We spent about 2 hours in there killing her over and over as it repopped and waited for a small group to come through and kill all the small mobs again to get us out.

hehe, gotta love those !teleport/!well zones.

Wobb/Vurad/Dror
Jerra
Sojourner

Postby Jerra » Mon Feb 26, 2001 1:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by modu:
<B>I am going to change the topic somewhat to stupidest thing you have seen done in Toril.
I suspect this one will be hard to top. It will be interesting to see how many old timers remember it as well. Since my memory has faded, I forget the exact name of the sorcerer who did the deed but it should go right to the top of the list.

Anyhow, I will take you back to the very first time Imix was defeated on the Mud. Back when no player had yet wielded Doombringer or Avernus.

The adventurers gathered and headed to the plane. I think it was part of a quest but it is so far distant, I am not sure if anyone remembers. Yet, it was a special group of all the high levels and heroes of that time attempting that which hadnt been done before.

The moment came and we realized it was going to happen. None knew exactly what to expect. We had fought Imix before but had never won. We entered battle.

A gasp came when everyone realized that Imix was wielding Doombringer this fight and if we won, a tank would have an epic weapon. The excited tanks rushed to their task swinging their weapons mightily. The clerics attended their fighters trying to keep everyone alive.

Then the mighty casters sprang into action .... but what was that.. from the back behind the tanks a mighty sorcerer started to cast a rarely used spell hard to land spell ... one with mighty damage ... but with one tiny wee minor little small forgotten inconsequential easy to overlook disadvantage.

A magic ray burst from this sorcerer's hands and bathed Imix with a magic beam and the group almost fell over with laughter as they saw the text ... "Doombringer has been disintegrated."

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mage's name was Crynus Image
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 26, 2001 3:29 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wargo:
<B>I think the dumbest I have done was with my cleric, Gwubi. He had gotten 47. Because of his status as a resser, I got people to help me get planeshift. I had to fool around with it. So, after one reboot, I decided to planeshift. I got onto astral and everything was cool. I walked around a bit, smiting evil baddies with my holy word and ended up in Jot after a few minutes. I decided to see if fireweed loaded. I waltzed into that volcano and didn't see anything. I thought maybe I got the location wrong so I went up once more...Immediately I saw two huge fire giants bashing my ass. I stood up and casted recall just to remember that Jot is !recall. Slow reaction and poor memory got me killed on top of that volcano.

Although, everything was cool because when I planeshifted back onto astral and then into Jot, I saw Toddrick's group ready to head in. I tagged along, got my stuff back and because the second backup healer of the group =)

Gwubi The ONLY gnome cleric! (who ever got ress at least)</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to burst your bubble Gwubi, I had a gnome cleric, lvl 46 Jindle. And I know i had res b/c branta gave me the poison sac and I went to that lady in the flower area to get my spell Image Seeya in Soj3
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:05 am

Dumbest thing I ever did was accidently duplicating all my eq, and then trying to sell it to get rid of it. I was 13-4 then and pretty naive, i even told a guy interested in my goods about how i got it. 4-5 years later, I'm thinking "that was hella dumb" b/c i could haev just turned the duplicate set in and not have had my 26 druid and 42 dwarf cleric deleted
Dranth
Sojourner

Postby Dranth » Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:15 am

Tar Pits.

-Nuff Said
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Mon Feb 26, 2001 4:36 am

I ruggak unfortunately hold the crown for dumbest personal moment. I was about 2am and I had a pretty bad cold and had not slept all day I took some cold medicine. (But neglected to read the bottle and took wrong 1)We head in to the nice fire elemental plane. The fights are going well....Welcome to sojourn I look up and there it is my clock smiling at me 7am. Hello Mr. Guildmaster...Yes I took the sleepy time medicine and died when my protect fire wore off.
Nerzul
Sojourner

Postby Nerzul » Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:36 am

Following glaman ANYWHERE, especially when he was feeling suicidal.
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Tue Feb 27, 2001 1:41 am

I unfortunately have not nuked any artifacts but I do come close in stupidity.

My first sorc (Knath) got outcasted and was still at +1000 align. Well I had to switch that so was down near Ako dropping align on bugs. Things were going fast till I died due to some stupid action or another. Well I quickly found out that I couldn't drag myself so I logged on my friends cleric and ran both characters down (because a level 44ish sorc can't ask for help on a silly CR in Ako). An invis person comes in and asks "us" what's up. I lie to the person and say cleric helping me CR (switching windows to appear we are both there). Ends up that person isn't person, but a God and Knath is no more.

p.s. Knath was one of the first spec prot sorc (fire was all the rage) so when he was deleted I stole/borrowed Marforp since he had quit a good while before and I quickly became one of the few enchant sorc.
mogurk
Sojourner

Postby mogurk » Tue Feb 27, 2001 4:25 am

well not the dumbest thing i have done.but sure made narkul look dumb.:P
guess it was about 3am or 4am est and a small group of merry evils about 5 of us were 1 n of a glass serpent.
now narkul had been doing tells to me about how drunk he was. well i i tell narkul hey go south and ask the glass serpent hi.
hehehe narkul a troll warrior with at the time around 500hit points or so walks south.
you hear a death cry!
i sheepishly tell the group what i did
they get him and we go south kill the serpent and then the group all starts asking narkul hey what did the serpent say?
we all had a good laugh that night:}
mogurk
Sojourner

Postby mogurk » Tue Feb 27, 2001 4:34 am

now for one of many dumb things i have done over the years.:]
i run up to bloodstone knight and see chux there we start talking and the missionary mob is 1 west and we decide to take him out chux says keep him bashed!
i say n/p:]
he starts i missed!! cyclone we flee from the global tracker.hehehi was wielding 2hander and not wearing a shield D'OH
anyways i ran south he went to TP it track chux guess cuss he attacked 1st
we had some laughs about that one.
chux tells you help i am out of moves and he is tracking me!
by the way chux remeber the a HUGH white stand stands here.?? hahaha we got sure got butt into some tight spots eheh
note to self: got have more then just me and chux in our groups!!
Djaarrukan
Sojourner

Postby Djaarrukan » Tue May 08, 2001 9:17 am

Two things, one just funny, the other completely stupid, both as Djaarrukan, duergar merc.

First was tagging along with an OC druid who was welling a group of us around, trying to get to some bad ass zone or another. And you know how it is, you can't always predict where the well goes. And for some reason, a bunch of us evil races just follow the first dumbass who jumps in the well. Turns out it is to the fountain in WD. At noon. Can't see a damn thing, and suddenly I am running all around the city, totally blind, bumping into walls, trying to evade the charging elites coming to scalp me. A whack of us died, and the only way we got our crap back is because Mask thought that the scene was more funny than criminal and gave us our stuff back along with stern warnings.

Number two was when they first put the deep dragon in, and we went and found it. We were too small to kill it, and we really wanted to be the first to cap the new dragon. And since I couldn't be the first to kill it, I whipped off my gear, gave it to a friend to hold and rolled up to the dragon nekked and hit it just so I could guarantee being the first deep dragon lunch. Must have been drunk or something.

Djaarrukan, duergar-about-town
silvea
Sojourner

Postby silvea » Tue May 08, 2001 10:22 am

I was killing with my conjurer stuff at Bgr, and I needed a new ellie, was casting and my di dropped. Guess what I summoned, an agro air ellie, got myself killed (they track and hit hard, got only +hp eq). At my cr I thaught I mybe needed an ellie to back me up some (stuppid thinking) and yes I forgot I did not had di cast, so 2 rooms from my corpse was my next corpse. I promised myself this will not happen again. Lost link 30 minuts later, and when I fainly could log back in again, guess who was waiting for me and what I lost in the time I was net-dead..........

funny to think back on, but not then...

Silvea alias Lindle back then...
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Tue May 08, 2001 2:53 pm

Dumbest thing I have ever done.. looted gaudy crown to be mean to a newbie that used to spam me constantly. I was in a Jot group led by Kurz, and I split off to solo the para'd mob to loot the crown. Of course, this was fun for me being a merc, I could backstab to my hearts content. A few hours later, someone finally found me, para'd, blinded, etc.. wearing the crown. What happened? I used to take off my savespell crown to wear a damage helmet. After looting, I typed my normal macro, "svspell" which removed my damage eq to go back to savespell to fight Loki.. part of the macro of course removed my helmet and wore my crown.. The gaudy crown became "crown" and boom.. stuck for hours.. I figured that everyone had left Jot, so if I logged out, it would repop the zone.. so I had to sit there hoping someone would find me. I don't remember who finally did though.. was hilarious.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Tue May 08, 2001 3:21 pm

Oh hell.. that's funny.. I just posted that on the Duris forums the other day in response to "What is old school?" I was basically saying remember this? Remember that?" And posted this:

"Oh hell.. how bout the day they named Crynus "Destroyer of Doombringer" when he accidently disintigrated it after hours of work to fight Imix?
------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service. "

Heh.. pretty funny stuff.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Jorta
Sojourner

Postby Jorta » Tue May 08, 2001 4:17 pm

I still feel pretty dumb when I think about it...

I was playing Karliz, a level 45 warrior and we were doing wizzies. I had some or another kick butt shield and had not missed a bash in ages. Right in the middle of the fight my son came up to the computer and fat fisted about a dozen keys all at once. My computer froze and of course I just didn't bash at all.

When I logged back on I was in MH and the group was all dead. After sometime on the CR and frantic apologies to the group for what happened (they were very understanding) we decided to try the wizzies again. I loot my corpse and do a 'wear all' and am ready to go!

I miss the very first bash and the wizards start casting! I'm going nuts because I had already gotten everyone killed and I _never_ missed a bash. A quick 'inv' shows that instead of my shield, I'm holding my torch from the CR. Sure enough the whole group was spanked again.

So uh, sorry about that Image Man that was dumb...

Jorta
Grumdikanikus
Sojourner

Postby Grumdikanikus » Thu May 10, 2001 2:32 pm

My dumbest thing was the other day. Someone stated over the NHC Dont't tell a Shopkeeper HI. So I type HI Shopkeeper at the banker in Ixarkon and He Killed me in one round. I just died Laffing at my stupidity.

Grumdi
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Thu May 10, 2001 5:32 pm

I did something really dumb. Well it was an honest mistake. It was a very long time ago and it had to do with Dragonnia. I'm not sure who remembered it, but it was a great massacre. Doombringer was lost and almost Avernus as well. I don't remember exactly who died. I know I died, Garosh died, Yrbie died, Mikayla I think too. But anyways a bunch of us died and our corpses rotted and mud crashed.

Basically what happened was gods decided to open up Dragonnia to a few of us late that night because we were bored. So we went up there and there are dragons everywhere. We were fighting and our group and I got roared into a room with a baby red dragon. The group was scattered and we were told to sit tight so casters could mem up and we'd re-group. Well I con'ed the baby red dragon as needle so I attacked it because I was bored. Little did I know they had a proc to summon an ancient red dragon. I wish I had it logged. But it said something like,
"Mommy! Mommy! Come and help me!"
An ancient red dragon swoops down to defend her baby!
"How dare you attack my child!"

Basically I died in 2 rounds. It roamed around and slaughtered the rest of my group. I didn't say a thing about it except to my RL friend who mud'ed. I felt really guilty for what happened. No one warned me not to do it, but I shouldn't have done it anyways. I didn't need the exp, I was just bored waiting for the re-group. I'd like to formally apologize to my group members. I wish I remembered everyone who lost their hard earned eq. Is Yrbie and Garosh still around anywhere? Anyone else remember who else died?

------------------
Ladorn Silverlake
Ranger Lord
Eye Aeternum
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Fri May 11, 2001 2:25 am

Ladorn, so that was you eh? heh
It was more than just you doing that which cause the great collapse of craziness that befell us all.
As I recall I was severly lagged and hosed that night, but was convinced to do Dragonnia anyway. Only because I was so lagged I stuck one of my swords (either Avernus or Doombringer) into the bank just in case..which turned out to be necessary, since we all got whacked, and I had to get the backup sword...by that time people were dropping like flies due to it being the middle of the night, later found out that the whole zone was bugged and it was closed right afterwards.
This was the same doombringer that was disentegrated in the above post too, but the gods felt that it was stupid an artifact could be whacked like that and felt pity on us. Image

Garosh Battlerager
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Fri May 11, 2001 8:14 am

Heh I lost my Ambran that Dragonnia night as well Image I remember fleeing into a fly-only room with no fly on, and falling... but that part of the area was looped, so I fell down three rooms, only to reappear at the top again to fall again and again and again... Hilarious Image
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat May 12, 2001 12:44 am

I was there! Thengil, Garosh, myself and a Sorc were flying around the tunnel. Garosh was gonna try to get some equipment. And the mud crashed. I lost everything, too Image

Thengil or Garosh, do you remember dropping some coins and seeing them continuously fall. There was a teleport room or something at the bottom. Was that my imagination or did that really happen?
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Sat May 12, 2001 5:14 am

the falling coins really happened
in fact, it was the falling coins that crashed the mud we later found out..cause they fell continuously.
That night was just hosed all the way around.
How i remember this after 6 or 7 years I have no idea.

Garosh
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Sat May 12, 2001 5:17 am

Here was a funny one, which I think quite a few would remember..
It was when mobs would loot your corpse, and equip the stuff.
I remember we decided to do the air plane..
and we got wiped out..The Only bad thing was an Air Elemental decided it liked Garosh's equipment, and picked up all the armor and Doombringer..
Took us all night long to hunt down that air elemental and beat him, he continously whooped our asses Image Nothing like an Air elemental with a -crudloads of ac, buffed +40 damage and swinging Doombringer to make things rough Image
Made for a very interesting twist on the game and corpse rtrieval though..
Garosh
Lilareow
Sojourner

Postby Lilareow » Sat May 12, 2001 7:15 am

I think the dumbest thing I ever did was purposefully attack a mob in front of the elites in WD... Sure, I thought, I can kill it before code goes off...
Well, I thought I did, and an hour later I wander back into north gates and the guard misses bash on me... I flee, and inadvertatly typo a speedwalk alias from hostel to fountain. So I end up like in the middle of the bazzar with 12,000 lines of code chasing my ass all over WD, I mean ALL over, hit the docks, zakaras, street of swords, east gates... I actually made it to the inn and rented, but ruined what would have been a good night of xp'ing :P
-Gerad

[This message has been edited by Lilareow (edited 05-12-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”