Necro pet commands

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Cohilrist
Sojourner

Necro pet commands

Postby Cohilrist » Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:03 am

Heya

I just made it to 11th level and raised my first skeleton Image
I know that it follows me as soon as it raises, and I know I can command it via the "order" command, but there are some things that I don't understand.

1. Should I group the skeleton, or just let it follow me?

2. For the undead to cast, must it have been a spellcaster before it died? For instance, if I raise a citizen, it wont be a caster, correct?

3. I did a "help order" and a "help pet", but are there any specific commands that will help me with starting out with undead?
So far the only ones I am using are Order Skeleton report, and Order Skeleton kill mob.

Thanks in advance for any help Image

Tamoh
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Tue Jun 19, 2001 2:08 am

1. You should group it if it is doing the killing. If it kills a mob and is not grouped, you will not gain the exp. Usually, you should be doing more damage than your pet.

2. The only casting undead you can get is a wraith and you will not be able to raise one until lvl 31. (I'll explain that in a bit.) You can raise mobs that are only within 4 lvls of you. Regardless of the class of mob killed, it will be whatever you raise. For example, if you kill an apprentice mage and raise it as a skeleton, it will only be a skeleton without any ability to cast.

3. Order follower will command all your pets. Order skeleton will only command the first skeleton of your group. Order undead will order the first undead member of your group.

Now, although you will get animate spectre, animate wraith and animate ghoul at 16, 26, and 31, you will not be able to raise a spectre until 21, a wraith until 31, and a ghoul until 41.

Hope that helps!
Cohilrist
Sojourner

Postby Cohilrist » Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:08 am

That helped a lot, thank you very much Image
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Tue Jun 19, 2001 3:47 am

A few old aliases from my necro last wipe. First line is the alias name, second line is the actual commands in the alias (these are in 4.62 zmud):

ofc
order followers c ~'%1'

of
order followers

resc
of rescue
(Have to use that one with the of alias, or change it to order followers rescue)

oc1
order 1.wraith c '%1' %2

oc2
order 2.wraith c '%1' %2

Stuff like that. If I remember right the spectre is the first pet that is a warrior, so won't need most of these till 21st level (which is when you can raise them, ignore the spell circle it's in).

Wraiths are the only casters (as was pointed out). You'll be able to raise them at 31.

[This message has been edited by Kiloppile (edited 06-18-2001).]
Cohilrist
Sojourner

Postby Cohilrist » Wed Jun 20, 2001 6:12 am

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Are skeletons and zombies even worth casting?
I mean, every little bit of damage helps, no?
I usually group with an Anti, but we can use all the help we can get Image So are the skele's that I can raise at 11th worth the exp they suck up?
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Wed Jun 20, 2001 6:29 am

If you don't have a tank, I'd say get ahead and raise some pets. Since you have an anti tanking, I think you are fine as is. If you really do need some hitting help, a zombie or two would help somewhat. Again, don't group them unless they are doing the killing.

Good luck on your journey to wraiths!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”