Unfortunate but true?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Lirathal
Sojourner

Unfortunate but true?

Postby Lirathal » Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:32 am

I normally wouldn't do this, this isn't my style, but I thought that I would let it be known my thoughts. Not many of you know my name from the mud allthough I have been through all the incarnations of the mud, even the very first. I'd like to say I'm quitting for a good reason, but I can't even say that; it's quite the opposite. Latley I have noticed a elitist attitude roaming around the mud, it's not from a distinct group of people, nor is it from one or two people. I have noticed it all around the mud, from all levels, all races, and all classes. This elitist attitude IMHO is bringing down the unity that Sojourn has once held in the past. Everyone is so tied up in EXP and EQ that they tend to forget what made the mud in the first place. Teamwork and Friendship. I have made a lot of good friends in my time here and I have a lot to be thankful for, unfortunatley, this has been waylaid and isn't even present at lowerlevels anymore. EQ, Exp ... the two major concerns of 90% of the population of the mud (of course that is not the true figure but it serves a point). A lot of people will disagree with me, a lot will resent me for what I have said here. The Imms have done a excellent job balancing, making new zones and all the alterations they have done. Kudos to them. Unfortunatley this is something that the Imms are NOT responsible for, it is the user base of the mud that makes or breaks the feeling of unity, friendship and teamwork. I'm sorry to say that I'm leaving the mud for the second time for the same reasons. I may be back, I may not. It all depends on you, my friends. Although I realize that almost all of you do not recognize the name, I have been there where you have been, seen what you have seen, and done what you have done, Yet none of you call me friend? Hopefully one day. Thoughts & reactions mailto:lirathal@hotmail.com

Everyone Enjoy
Regards,
Lirathal (at rest) Image
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:13 pm

A lot of people are concerned with eq and exps because the mud is rarely fun at lower levels (don't think anyone can say they like doing exp over and over), people push to get levels so they can do the fun stuff. The teamwork and friendship you mentioned still remains thou... Probably my fondest memory of Sojourn3 so far has been the Trollbark spank. 3 hours, 21 goodies and 19 corpses later it was over, but it pull together a ton of folks, I died 4 times that night, but I must say it was as fun as it gets, seeing all the old folks together again for a common goal. The gulphs spank also sent numerous people running down to hp to die repeatedly to help fellows... What we find good about sojourn and its people are still there...yet sometimes it gets burried under mind-numbing exping;(.
Belle Image
Ubek
Sojourner

Postby Ubek » Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:59 pm

I'm a Badass, nuf said.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:28 pm

Since you left its like a dark cloud has been lifted from the mud, feelings of unity and sharing have returned, today instead of getting experience or equipment I walked to the Forest of Tethir to pick some delicious rasberries! Boy they sure were tasty. I shared the berries with everyone and then went to pick flowers. It sure was nice, there was one guy who didnt get any rasberries though because there were none left, so he took his toys and went home.
Arastorin
Sojourner

Postby Arastorin » Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:06 pm

The unwillingness to group you've observed might be rooted in the fact that the game just re-opened (2 months ago) and so many players are rushing to establish (or re-establish) themselves at the top of some perceived pecking order. They want to level and equip themselves as quickly and efficiently as possible, which probably translates to not wasting time in meeting and (potentially) hassling with strangers when they can instead rely on pre-established connections. Consider that some of these players jumped into the game the very night that it opened -- indicating that they had possibly been breathlessly anticipating that single instant for months -- and I think you'll agree that the label "hardcore," with all of its attendant insensitive or antisocial connotations, only begins to describe them.

Fortunately, as time goes on I'd imagine that the playerbase will relax somewhat. The relentless achievers will have finally ascended to the pinnacle of fame and fortune and been afflicted with acute cases of "Been there, done that" syndrome while the new players will begin a cautious exploration of the varied and often-dangerous lands of Faerun. In short, once all the social climbers have finally carved out their niches, the action will slow down considerably, fostering a more laid-back atmosphere.

Having played a frequently-ungrouped ranger a few years back, I will offer a few suggestions based on my own experience (note that some of these are much easier said than done):

1.) Try not to let any of the goings-on stress you out. I could say "it's just a game" but I know that the more competitive would say that losers rely on that sentiment to prop themselves up. Instead, I will just say that a break from the keyboard every once in awhile might be in order. Get out in the sun, play some ball; just do something that gets your mind off of MUD politics.

2.) Explore the game. I occupied many an hour combing through the less-popular areas and researching quests (though I admit I often had the company of a certain sorcerer Chandigar -- areas are best explored with a friend!). Many players never venture beyond the typical grouping/xp zones, and in my opinion are missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.

3.) Find just one or two decent people (they're out there, probably pondering the same things you are) and bond with them. Hang out with them regularly even if your groups don't always accomplish something that can be measured in terms of xp or equipment. Loyal, trustworthy companions are by far the most valuable (and unfortunately somewhat rare) commodity to be had on Sojourn, and in the end memories of your journeys together (and the relationships themselves) will be the only lasting, meaningful thing you'll take away from the game.

Above all, keep in mind that the entire point of a game is to enjoy playing it. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong!

Arastorin Firedawn

P.S. Thanks for the very brief group last night Lirathal. If you do decide to stick around, are looking for a group, and don't mind hanging out with some people who are temporarily below your own level, feel free to send a tell.
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:01 pm

I helped and died in that Trollbark spank too!
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:33 pm

Lirathal, I'm sorry to hear that you may be leaving!

It was a lot of fun all the time we spent together hanging out with Shauri, Elarin, and Meruin.

I still remember the first time I hooked up with you guys in the buffalo fields and you and Shauri were screaming back and fourth, 'WIKKI WIKKI WIKKI!!'! Or when she yelled at you to MEM FASTER :)

Alas Shauri told me last week that she was quitting, much for the same reasons that you described.

Hopefully you (and Shauri as well) will change your mind. I'd certainly like to hang out with you again..

Nokie No you don't! That belongs to me! Quickfingers
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:11 pm

Well Lirithal reguardless of your reason for quitting, im glad that you did it with some class. Most folks would be like hey f*** you guys you suck im gone. Hats off for doing it like a man (woman, elf, half elf, ogre, troll or whatever the freak you are)

Brugg
Cazin
Sojourner

Postby Cazin » Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:19 pm

Rolf! wuss, enjoy at once
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:59 pm

Ahh, the age old !group/!fun syndrome! I've had it for years, and I've been around since a few years before the toril/duris split.

Yeah, elitism/hardcoreness (word?) runs rampant on the mud... but then again you can parallel it to real life. How many good friends do you have? The usual answer is 3 or 4. Do you mostly only hang out with those friends, or do you pick total strangers to chill with?

It's the same on the mud... when people find friends, they play with them, and start to exclude strangers. Can you blame them for it? IMHO, no you can't, because they're just the same as you and me.

The answer? Arastorin already stated it. You have to find a "clique" of people to hang with. Once you find that, then you're golden and you'll enjoy mudding for years!

The mud isn't becomming anti-social, it's just the same as it has been before. There will always be people who will let anyone in their group, and there will always be people who group with only a select few.

Selias - Enchanter for hire
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Selias:
<B>
Yeah, elitism/hardcoreness (word?) runs rampant on the mud... but then again you can parallel it to real life. How many good friends do you have? The usual answer is 3 or 4. Do you mostly only hang out with those friends, or do you pick total strangers to chill with?

It's the same on the mud... when people find friends, they play with them, and start to exclude strangers. Can you blame them for it? IMHO, no you can't, because they're just the same as you and me.

The answer? Arastorin already stated it. You have to find a "clique" of people to hang with. Once you find that, then you're golden and you'll enjoy mudding for years!

The mud isn't becomming anti-social, it's just the same as it has been before. There will always be people who will let anyone in their group, and there will always be people who group with only a select few.

Selias - Enchanter for hire</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm not sure what everyone else does in life, but i can say that I have many really good friends that I hang out with all the time. No I do not disclude anyone from my circle of friends because I know what it is like to be not included (in RL) I'll talk to anyone and be friends with anyone who wants/needs it. But that is just me.
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:19 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll miss you too Nokie Image Thanks Ara, appreciate it. I have gotten a lot of emails pertaining to this as well, it seems that a lot of people are feeling the same way that I am, not that I'm surprised. If there are a lot of people feeling this way, then why does it continue? Like I said, it is all up to us, the players weather or not we make or break the mud. As Nokie said, there are some people -shauri, myre, me- that are quitting for reasons that are in your control. Yes I realize it is a game but it is also a social gathering of friends and people that can relate. How often in life can you gather 200 strangers and turn them in to aquantinces (sp) or friends in a few weeks? I hope to come back one day, and have things the way that the once used to be. I was talking to Frensolith over ICQ and he didn't realize that I had been on the mud through the very first incarnation, yes it is true, I have been there from the start. This problem that I'm speaking of, is recent only to this incarnation and it makes me sad. Belle, in response to your response, the mud *IS* fun at lower levels, as long as you have people that are willing to group and play without making sure that you'd fit in to your "clique".

PS Thanks Brugg for your support.

PPS Also thanks to all for your positive support (Less Zrax of course Image) and I hope to hear more from all of you on the board & this message!

Regards,
Lirathal
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jun 28, 2001 7:49 pm

Lirathal, you putz.

I'm pretty sure everyone has felt the same thing at some point, I know I have. Arastorin is right though, I figured out that I'm not going to let that stop me from trying to have a good time w/ the people I do know.

I'm pretty sure that we've had enough good times to cancel out our petty differences, though I always liked arguing with you Image. I just think it's pointless to worry about things like this when we know that we don't have to hurry up and do things because of the worry of a pwipe. I'm taking things in a much more relaxed way, patiently waiting for fixes and changes, and just generally trying to make my own niche.

I still think we need an Elven Horde. Screw that barbarian crud Image

You are rescued by Twyl, you are confused, but grateful!
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:06 pm

bah try being an illusionist! we dont get into any groups because we sucks... and than theres conjs before level 21! well that will change(elementalists if they are actually going to change them) but anyways yes it happens and at least you arent going to as brugg said the F U attitude like some others will/have before. i will continue playing and not getting into groups just because i love the game (cursed imms for making it so addictive :cool Image but anyways hope you come back so long as its evil Image

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:08 pm

blah i think it's kinda lame to post u quitting. basically if u wanna to quit you just do it. this is just a cry for help. well obviously there are folks that dont think u should. but anyways if u wanna quit i dont think u should post just quit.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:21 pm

Sok rules
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:30 pm

Ditto on Sok.

That's one of my biggest pet peaves, people who post they are going to quit and then don't.

Posting you're going to quit is like downing a bottle of pills 2 mins before someone walks in the door, instead of using a gun to blow your brains out and therefore doing it right.

If you're going to leave, just leave. If people really cared about you, they'd find you and make you come back to the MUD.

People who do this are almost as lame as those puds who delete their char cuz they didn't get any eq from a jot run. Yeah, you know the kind of people I'm talking about.

Buncha Wanks, all of em! If you're offended by this post, good, then you are a wank and you deserve to be called a wank for acting like a wank.

Wank me? No, no, no, Wank YOU!

Caedym Shadowhore -Laughing all the way to the floor.
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Fri Jun 29, 2001 10:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
blah i think it's kinda lame to post u quitting. basically if u wanna to quit you just do it. this is just a cry for help. well obviously there are folks that dont think u should. but anyways if u wanna quit i dont think u should post just quit. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, this is a general discussion fourm, I could post on you being misinformed because my post was about mud politics and ethics, not quitting, however; I won't because I'm not mean like some people. The reason I posted is because I wanted to have my voice heard about why I am quitting and in effect maybe have a positive change come about on the mud. I don't understand why there needs to be an attack on me for discussing the logistics of the mud? I thought that is what a general forum was used for? Hey Brugg, Am I wrong? Also Caedym I'm not offended by your post .. that is your opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Too bad that you don't have the same respect for other people of this community. Your a 100% prime example of the virii that infect this userbase with their ill thoughts and temperments. I think that you need to unplug for a while and think about that.

So now for all those people that think that I'm a "wank" as Caedym so eloquently put it, fine so be it, I was voicing my opinion which is my right and wanted some thoughts and opinions. I guess that is what I got? I expected smart, intelligent things in response, some were, others weren't. You know who you are. I hope everyone enjoys their time.

Regards,
Lirathal
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Jun 29, 2001 10:50 pm

The MUD is what you make of it.

Yayaril
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Jun 30, 2001 1:01 am

the mud i believe is bigger than any of us. the mud goes down for 8 mnths 1st day it opens there is like 150+? i get deletded, i'm back. people take their vacation just so they can mud. people spend 16 hrs a day mudding. mud vs cocaine. hrm... people never quit mud. i can't quit mud. is there a support group for mud. wait i dont want to quit mud. must mud. if i can mud from work and not lost my job i would. this is pretty scary but just letting u know about my addictions.
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sat Jun 30, 2001 1:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
the mud i believe is bigger than any of us. the mud goes down for 8 mnths 1st day it opens there is like 150+? i get deletded, i'm back. people take their vacation just so they can mud. people spend 16 hrs a day mudding. mud vs cocaine. hrm... people never quit mud. i can't quit mud. is there a support group for mud. wait i dont want to quit mud. must mud. if i can mud from work and not lost my job i would. this is pretty scary but just letting u know about my addictions.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am finding it quite hard to extrude your point from these ramblings. First you come on to this public forum and insult my opinion, I give you my rightful reply, now you give answer me back with a message full of gibberish! What does ANY of that have to do with the topic at hand. The topic -in case it has slipped your mind- is mud politics and things that are happening now. At no time did I say anything about addictions, mudding from work, or compare Sojourn to cocaine. If you decide to respond to this, please proof read for the benefit of all who will read it?

Regards,
Lirathal

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Origionally Posted by Yayaril
<B>The MUD is what you make of it.
Yayaril
</B>
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yaya, That is exactly what I am trying to get across. Thank you for your input.
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Sat Jun 30, 2001 2:09 am

please sok and caedym, whatever you two do in life, NEVER volunteer your time to work a suicide hotline...

NEVER!

:P

too bad ya leavin lirathal. i been on the mud 6 years now, never grouped with you cause you were part of a clique i guess i wasnt. hell in 6 years and 3 45+ warriors i've never even done tiamat cause i can never break into the elite groups that do them, but i'm still here. i play an orc rogue and shoot i still may never see tiamat outside of a god trans'ng me there for fun and it has been hard getting groups when my two runnin buddies aren't on, but i'm still here...

there are what? 13-15 classes, that many races? play something else for a change. hell i've played damned near everything except a cleric and i still dream of having ress one day..and shift...and assassinate...and meteor swarm....and mirror image...

er n/m
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:25 am

Maybe try evil race. There are really two different games inside Sojourn, and the goodie side is only half (ok, well, 2/3 *tweak troll*).

Or take a break and come back in a few months, when most of the people your same level are the same sort of player as you. The 'jerks' will all be jerkin' around in high level zones handing out equipment to the best brownnoser.

Make your own fun. If you cant do it here, do it IRL. It is a game.
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Sat Jun 30, 2001 8:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
<B>Maybe try evil race. There are really two different games inside Sojourn, and the goodie side is only half (ok, well, 2/3 *tweak troll*).

Or take a break and come back in a few months, when most of the people your same level are the same sort of player as you. The 'jerks' will all be jerkin' around in high level zones handing out equipment to the best brownnoser.

Make your own fun. If you cant do it here, do it IRL. It is a game.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mplor, 100% correct. It's a game. Thank you
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Sat Jun 30, 2001 8:47 am

*slap* You dope! I finally get around to recreating Chandigar and you take off on me?

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I was glad to have known ya (tho I'm sure I'll still get/send the odd ICQ). The problems that you're talking about are pretty much in every game, its human nature and the Everquest-Effect. Just gotta grin and bear it and Aras is right, find your clique.

You better start wearing your !summon undies because I'm gonna summon your ass back to the mud as soon as I quest the spell Image
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jun 30, 2001 10:01 am

Lvl. 41/m jerk looking for b-noser to give eq & p-level. Snd 500 word essay of how great I am to:

C/o Kang
1243 Underground Tunnels
South Waterdeep, Faerun 82601
Blix
Sojourner

Postby Blix » Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:04 pm

Cliques are necesary on this mud. Or on almost any online game. Here is why, on a reboot, if I can fully expect 3 or 4 people to be waiting at the same gate I am cause we are all in sync on what we do that given week after a reboot, we will always beat the other groups to a given piece of eqp/rare. So cliques make you FAST, and fast is what getting "things" on this mud is all about. I have had other leaders ask me, WTF how did you get here so fast, did you camp? I usually don't respond, but no, it is because the second everyone logs in, we are ALL running full speed for the same location without ever sending each other a tell. Cliques premote a sorta hive mind, makes you much more efficient, much more fun, and MUCH more safe since you work with the same attitudes/skills everyday. It is only natural for people to do this, so the only thing I can say to you is, make your own clique, get a couple guys that always play at your time and just learn to work with each other. Over a couple weeks you will be a killing machine with only 3 people. Stuff that will take other groups 8, now takes you 3, and THAT is when you will see that cliques really rock. I can count on 1 hand how many times I have grouped outside mine. I am NOT a snob or "elite" player, but I just feel much more safe and comfortable with my given set of friends. I won't hesistate to group with others if they need me for something or my friends aren't on, I just give my friends 1st priority. This makes me completely cliquey, but I don't feel as though it hurts the mud. Since anyone can make their own group of friends.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Jun 30, 2001 4:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lirathal:
Everyone is so tied up in EXP and EQ that they tend to forget what made the mud in the first place. Teamwork and Friendship. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I exp _and_ when I do eq, it's always with friends and it's always teamwork. I totally disagree with you. Besides, some people prefer to do eq and level instead of happily sitting at the fountain with 20 other people singing songs and picking flowers, you can't 'force' people to RP and be happy and all.
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Sat Jun 30, 2001 7:25 pm

well damn.. see what i miss when i take a few days off... hugs and kisses lirathal.. you're a great friend who has cheered me up many times.. more then i can remember... i can completely understand what you are saying... the reason i took a few days off was to decide if i was coming back... my problem being that i talk to many people but i'm somehow forgotten when they decide to group for anything... there are some exceptions to this but very few... my decision was that i have too many friends on soj that i want to talk to... you being one of them... so instead of leaving i made up an evil... my past experiences playin an evil character was positive... evils have always seemed to be more supportive and helpful.. shrug... maybe you can roll an evil as well and we can go smite.. cackle... oh and for those that think saying you're quiting is lame... trust me when i say i won't post should i decide to cause i wouldn't expect to be missed in the end... have a great weekend all....

cerly in evil disguise *cackle*
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Jul 01, 2001 7:32 am

Damn can you feel the love?

I'm sure I know Lirathel in some form and I agree with some of what he had to say.

As for you cocks that just want to get on his case for having an opinion and posting a reason why he is leaving can lick my right gonad.

I've considered quiting for one reason or another and would prob post something as the door slapped me in the ass on the way out. Lirathel has as much right to say why he is leaving then half you twits have to post about how cheesie your stats rolls are and how stupid you are for getting spanked somewhere. Do you think we care that you died and had a hard time with cr? Prob not but people still have the right to post what ever they like, but since the sword has two sides i'm sure you have the right to post crap about what ever crap is posted.....

Ever notice how those that a lot of you call "Elitist" don't seem to post many replies? You know why? Cause they just dont give a rat's butt. All the whining and compaining doesn't make a difference to them, doesn't change their attitude, doesn't help you get into the solid groups either.

Mudding is a sport, and teams are formed, sometimes you get off the reserve bench and play. That's your time to impress with you skills you learned. If your level 46 and suck at your class then don't expect to be asked again. If you rock and knwo your shit then i'm sure you will be called on again. After a while you might break into the bigger groups as a regular. (getting way off track as usual)

Either way Lirathel has the right to quit, post and complain why he is quiting. If you dont care that he is leaving at least have the common decency to not give him shit about it. If you dont care to group with him why bother to post crap about him?

Be sure that if i ever do quit i shall not be as graceful in leaving as Lirathel, I'll slam anyone and everyone that pissed me off over the last 7 or so years.

Have fun Lirathel, I'm sure you will be back at some stage, THEY ALL COME BACK!

Jasix Prowlingwolf
"It's better to burn out then fade away!"

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 07-01-2001).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Mon Jul 02, 2001 5:18 am

Jasix did you seriously say that mudding is a sport??
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Jul 02, 2001 2:48 pm

*chuckle* I was being like metoforic and stuffs alright :P

But hey it is as much a sport as most of us lazy, over weight, unmotivated, social rejects will get to play the rest of our lives.

Hmmmm anyone up for a round of 'Stab the goblin with the saber?'
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Mon Jul 02, 2001 4:03 pm

If you want it to be a real sport, try going naked telnet mudding! Ahh, I remember the hand cramps just like it was yesterday...

Vipplin / Vadian
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jul 02, 2001 10:46 pm

okay the reason i think it's dumb to post i'm leaving is cuz you never leave. you just take a break. people usually come back. might take years but they eventually make it back. sojourn to me is like a drug and talking w/ many folks they joke about being addicted to it (there's always some truth to the joke) it takes some crazy power to break free of the hold that addiction have thus i compare mud to cocaine. at one point i talked abuot my losting all eq and thought i was never going to be back but 3 months later i'm back. when sojourn closed for 8 months i thought i will never come back, now most of my free time is spend on sojournIII. you say the players make the mud, i disagree w/ that, i think a good mud will alway have a good player base. my nonsense gibberish is basically about that.

sok

p.s. u are right u dont have the right to post u are leaving, but i pointless cuz you will be back.
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Tue Jul 03, 2001 12:58 am

This is pretty funny nonsense.

I left the mud at one point in time for the exact same reason. I think the "mud politics" as severly died down since previous wipes. It is still there mind you, but people are more open to grouping with people they don't know since no one has the super-crazy eq head to toe. There is around 20-30 different people I take when I go zoning.

When I stopped playing for a while, it took me a few months to realize I had to change *my* attitude. "To have friends you must shew yourself friendly". If you are concerned about meeting/grouping with people, FORM YOUR OWN DAMN GROUP!
I used to be led around, just chatting and "doing my job" in groups. After a while I noticed that I was just a "tag-along". So I decided to start leading groups, and now I talk to people all the time that I never usd to talk to.

My 2 cents,
Gordex
Gordex Travel Agency
Brog
Sojourner

Postby Brog » Tue Jul 03, 2001 9:10 am

Gordex WTF are you talking about? I am so decked head to toe it makes the Shev cry. You bastard you have made me into some kinda super freak warrior!

On a serious note, relax! Enjoy the game. Talk to anyone and everyone. If yer bored alot like me, then take a field trip to Myth Drannor and see how long you can survive, or try soloing the some mob you know you have no chance of beating solo (golden warrior - hey I did better than I thought!), or perhaps see if you can get a pointer from someone high level about that neato eq they are wearing and go try to find it.

At some point everyone suffers from the been there done that syndrome. What I usually do is just start reviewing where I have been and where I would like to go. Often this will lead me to some conclusion about where I want to go next. Also, if I am truely bored then I will just bug Gordex into going somewhere he doesn't want to go. This serves the dual purpose of slowing down his exp and getting me some tidbit of eq he thinks I need. *nod me* Anyway, just in case you don't know Gordex rules. Image

P.S. Your posts can sound like this too if you post early enough in the morning!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”