Daily rant

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Lonel
Sojourner

Daily rant

Postby Lonel » Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:45 am

This happen to anyone else? Ask someone to group and they say, 'Already grouped, sorry.' I can see why people would do this if they have alot of people in their group or something but christ, last night I asked every tank that was online around my level to group and they all said the same thing, arg!

Daily rant

------------------
The halfling
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jul 12, 2001 10:03 am

It's because you're a furry little halfling.

Yayaril
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Jul 12, 2001 10:08 am

Maybe you need to add a 'y' to your name?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jul 12, 2001 12:20 pm

I get lots of groups and if you notice, I have two 'Y's in my name. Coincidence? I think not!

Yayaril
Blix
Sojourner

Postby Blix » Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:10 pm

Umm, Why not "who warrior ungrouped"?
Jensyth
Sojourner

Postby Jensyth » Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:22 pm

well.....might be just how you're asking....cause if i get the impression someone wants to add me to THEIR group, i say im already grouped and I can't leave my group....but maybe you should say, 'are you grouped or have room in your current group?'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jul 12, 2001 5:17 pm

ok so you don't have a group to exp with. I'm sure half of us can't find a good group b/c the right people on. what to do? explore? solo? work on skills? play anotherchar? do something in real life? list goes on and on
Lonel
Sojourner

Postby Lonel » Thu Jul 12, 2001 9:48 pm

Solo with a halfling thief...riiiight. I think I can kill rats and stuff. Image

------------------
The halfling
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Jul 12, 2001 11:09 pm

this seems to alway work for me. petition to gods they people wont group w/ u. and keep doing it until they force a group to group u. gods luv it when u ask for their help.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Fri Jul 13, 2001 3:54 am

I gotta agree with Jen. The implication from asking if someone is grouped is that you're forming up a group yourself. Asking if someone is busy might work better. That way if they tell you they're doing something, you can ask if they could use you.

That said, welcome to the world of hitters. You are currently experiencing what I have termed ranger syndrome, that is being a damage class that requires a group to be effective but in a world where there are not enough tanks, clerics, or stoners at any given time to support the class's population. Most groups only need one or two hitters or an invoker for damage. Possibly 3 for some high level areas. Past that, experience yields diminishing returns, and enchanters and clerics have hard enough times leveling as it is compared to the relatively quick levels for hitters. Rangers have been dealing with this for years. Yeah, it gets depressing. Just ask any ranger that's been here the past two wipes. Best to make friends that you can count on for frequent groups.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Jul 13, 2001 9:26 am

Do what I do Lonel- be a tank. Yeah, you're not nearly as good as those warriors/paladins/antipaladins, but you can still hold your own if you get enough ac gear.

Yayaril
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Fri Jul 13, 2001 1:47 pm

heh, i was a barbarian warrior, but the lack of un-anonymous hitters made me switch to a ranger for the time being. hitters were always busy, grouped, or just plain didnt answer. i had good eq, nice armor class, and at level 20 - my bash was at 50, still no groups.

now im an elf ranger with unholy numbers of attacks, some good ac, and nice healing. cant solo my ass.

-daz, kwirl.
snow
Sojourner

Postby snow » Thu Jul 19, 2001 3:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kwirl:
cant solo my ass.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm curious as to what you mean by this. (It's going to sound funny, but I'm serious.)

Did you mean that you cannot solo your own ass, i.e.:

Your own ass half kills you with its mighty slash!
YIKES! Another hit like that, and you've had it!!
You wish that your wounds would stop BLEEDING so much!

Or, did you mean that you can reach a high level without grouping and people who say otherwise are on drugs?

I ask because I've heard people say that higher levels are impossible unless you're grouped. I play a level 21 ranger, but don't have a whole lot of time to play him, so I'm not likely to develop a group of people that I can routinely group with. If going solo at high levels is impossible, it makes me wonder if I want to put the time into getting there. Image
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jul 19, 2001 3:27 pm

my ass procs.

fear my ass.
snow
Sojourner

Postby snow » Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kwirl:
<B>my ass procs.

fear my ass.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't realize that one of the required physical components of "flame blade" was a Zippo lighter.
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:36 pm

Make friends, enjoy the place, help ppl level and you will see yourself suddenly in a group with ppl you like..
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jul 19, 2001 7:41 pm

over the years i have noticed a certain other formula - help people out.

1 - they are new, appreciate it, and when they pass you in levels and groups, they remember you.

2 - they are really a high level character looking to level their alt to level 50 in under 3 days. they actually see your name, and sometimes they forget which character they have and ask you to a group. DOH! I didnt mean to ask you to Jot, oh well, might as well come.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Jul 19, 2001 9:37 pm

Snow: You cannot reach a high level without grouping with other people, with the exception of necromancers and possibly shamans. Some classes can solo for more levels than other classes (paladins for instance), but ultimately require groups for higher levels. This is a very group oriented mud.
Neram
Sojourner

Postby Neram » Fri Jul 20, 2001 12:11 am

I may be wrong but if i remember correctly
you Lonel have toggled ANON.
at this:
1) if you ask someone to group they wont know yours class/level
2) if someone looking for ppl to make group eh wont know you even exists Image

tog anon off freaks Image
man i hate this flag Image

still i think and warrior and ranger can solo lot if he knows what he is doing

*rofl* damn when you cant play you start post Image
Lonel
Sojourner

Postby Lonel » Fri Jul 20, 2001 1:37 am

Try typing 'who Lonel' next time you are online, Neram. I had anon on for like 3 days because of sheer boredom's sake.

------------------
The halfling
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Fri Jul 20, 2001 7:18 am

Seek professional help!

Gordex Theropy Clinic
----------------------------
$159.99/hr - hourly rate
$129.99/hr - 1 week session
$109.99/hr - 1 month session
$79.99/hr - 6 month session