Group Size Limits

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:08 pm

Geee... and in another thread everyone kept trying to say rangers were perfectly fine right now... wish you guys would make up your mind! Image

The ranger complaint against 'vokers was in soj2. Back when our place was at 3w even with archery. And yes, we are worried about rogues (or at least I am) but we can't do much but sit back, whine, and wait another month for archery... Image

Sarvis
thruar
Sojourner

Postby thruar » Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:59 pm

Don't know where all this talk about no one is taking invokers, druids not being needed, or rogue is taking over ranger class. I feel every class and subclasses are needed to fill the group gaps.

I've been running around with a versitile group of player classes and feel they are all needed in the group of 15. I usually have along the following:
warrior, paladin, anti-paladin, ranger, rogue, enchanter, conjurer, cleric, invoker, shaman, illusionist. The group is most versitile as ever before, and I strongly feel each class has their role. Wouldn't mind grouping with a necro, druid if one is available. Only class need to be fixed is bard. Also feel evil race needs an extra class or 2. Suggesting scout class for drow similar to rangers, yuanti and orc to be anti-paladins.

I know people say without eq you wouldn't get into groups. I think leveling is important. Exp is boring I know but most people who are zoning on the mud did their share of boring exp but that's just the way it goes. wouldn't usually take any hitters under level 43 regardless of eq or under level 38 casters. I feel that lower than the stated levels would not be as effective in zones as they should be.
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:07 pm

So today am happily doing xp and enjoying a nice quiet day, and suddenly it all comes to a halt. Everyone deciedes to do a zone.. great whee sounds like fun right?
try being this guy

someone tells you 'I'd bring you, but stupid group limits'

it sux.
Thran
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sat Jul 28, 2001 8:57 pm

I agree with Thran... its hard, not being a staple class especially with limits.

I agree that limits need to be made, 15 is a good a number as any but when you are the 1 man out, it sucks Image

My oppinion

Nitania

[This message has been edited by Nitania (edited 07-28-2001).]
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Sun Jul 29, 2001 11:57 am

Gear zones towards 30 instead i have yet to see a group of that size... Would make many zones last longer since they wouldnt get done very often if like 20+ where needed to do them and im damn sure u can fit your every buddy in that group even if he may be a conjie... Mebbe im totally retarded but this game is more to make friends and have a good time then getting spanky eq to me.. I really hate to turn people down because of group limits hell if 15 people asked me to get grouped while i was expin i wouldnt turn em down sure u wouldnt get any exp but the more the merrier.....

/Klurg
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:12 pm

I for one hate leading groups with more ppl, it's a real pain in the ass because there are always ppl who went afk, ld, aren't paying attention, talk, have to go, etc. Loads of spam, it's not nice at all.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:47 pm

Its the law of diminishing returns. After a certain point of adding more to something, each new addition is worth less and less to the overall value. (And hence conjurers and bards :) I know there is a lot of griping about 15 people max group size, but that is a decent size and almost everything (except Tiamat) can be done with that number of people. Have you ever tried to do a full spell up in a group of 20+ people? UGH!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sun Jul 29, 2001 12:55 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lyt:
Have you ever tried to do a full spell up in a group of 20+ people? UGH!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Image

I remmeber being single enchanter (46 or so) in a 25 ppl scorps group last wipe..

Katheli group-says, "scale all pls"
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Jul 29, 2001 4:10 pm

Exactly. And they would always have me as a conjurer haste people. Don't you realize that conjurer hastes last 1 minute max? They were always falling as we ran into battle because things would always delay the finish of spellup. So after a while I would just haste people once the battle began. Good bye nuking exp Image
Razabble
Sojourner

Postby Razabble » Sun Jul 29, 2001 5:47 pm

The mud has been coded with 15 people groups in mind for balance. However, it seems that a lot of concern revolves the idea of not being able to take guildmates to just 'hang out'. How about some of the zones that are in the waiting be specifically designed for either 'guild raids' or '20 person' groups? Taking the idea from an earlier post, when you enter the zone by touching the 'pedestal', the pedestal records the number and names of people to enter the zone and sets the zone accordingly. If 18 people enter, then a purple dragon will spawn at end with a cool item. If 22 people enter then instead of the purple dragon, a super hard red dragon will spawn with a super cool item. Make the zone a rare load, heck whatever. Miax and the rest of the immortals have tons of stuff to deal with and are concerned about the mud's future. Lets be patient and not ruin it. Maybe we should just do the zones we can do now with 15 people and when we are stronger do the rest. Who knows what they might have in store for us!

Just my two cents,

Razabble...

[This message has been edited by Razabble (edited 07-29-2001).]
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:11 pm

i for one think that is a very cool idea.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:20 pm

Raz, that's a wonderful idea! We need more posts with useful contributions and less flaming.

Two thumbs up!

Izzy
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:27 pm

In response to Touk's post, Invokers are good for area zones but Aderon's are good for everything... If only we could have 15 of them to make a group!

-Not Aderon, someone else

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”