How much of a geek are you.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zrax
Sojourner

How much of a geek are you.

Postby Zrax » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:07 pm

Ok so the other day I found myself doing Ship Exp on Sojourn, flipping through the third edition players handbook, and watching a star trek original series dvd and suddenly realized how much of a gamer geek i am.

Post your sad moments so i can feel better.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:15 pm

i died in IC a couple weeks ago cuz i was drinking while mudding.

umm, i dont care much for video games, dont own any computer games. dislike role playing games, cant stand star trek. pokemon sucks.

but i DO like george r r martin books and sharon kay penman.
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:17 pm

Got me beat. I might be caught doing 1 and 2.. but I would at least have football on the TV so I don't feel so bad about myself.
I think you win the big geek award:P

Dibble

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:27 pm

Monday Night Football was on on the TV across the room, but rather than turning around to see what the score was, I looked it up on ESPN.com
Narkal
Sojourner

Postby Narkal » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:37 pm

Sad? It's not sad! We should be proud to be geeks. Haven't you heard yet? Geeks shall rule the world!!! MUHAHAHAHA

*cough* Sorry, got a bit out of hand there. I know how you feel. My girlfriend makes fun of me for being a geek. I think we are just misunderstood.

When I mud I normally surf the net looking up stuff about the class that I am playing. Found lots of cool Necromancer stuff. Image I also have been readin up on 3rd edition as well as Gurps and Deadlands. Image
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Wed Aug 08, 2001 5:55 pm

I mud, have D2 alt-tabbed in another window for any downtime, have been watching the star trek movies this week starting from the original motion picture on monday night and inbetween that have been reading the latest R.A. Salvatore drizzt books, the cleric quintet and the lastest star wars novels.

ah, what a life.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 08, 2001 6:51 pm

What's your D2 character? I've been playing the expansion a bit lately. Have a 59 druid, 56 barb, and 15 sorc.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Aug 08, 2001 7:03 pm

81st level assassin in d2.. expansion is pretty fun actually.

Mud isn't anymore. Politics suck. Image

I'm a hardcore geek, but I won't go into detail, since I am usually a huge flamemagnet. Image

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
Dibble
Sojourner

Postby Dibble » Wed Aug 08, 2001 7:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dinggle:
<B>I mud, have D2 alt-tabbed in another window for any downtime, have been watching the star trek movies this week starting from the original motion picture on monday night and inbetween that have been reading the latest R.A. Salvatore drizzt books, the cleric quintet and the lastest star wars novels.

ah, what a life.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as you are not playing with action figures at the same time it is ok Image

Dibble.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:41 pm

Hey, something wrong with action figures? Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:54 pm

Level 47 Poison/Golem Necro - DECEASED
Level 65 Werebear Druid - DECEASED
Level 59 Firewall/Blizzard Sorc - DECEASED
Level 33 Martial Assassin - DECEASED
Level 35 Elemental/Summoning Druid - NOT DECEASED YET!

Hardcore is great.

- Ragorn
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Wed Aug 08, 2001 10:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kiaransalee:
Monday Night Football was on on the TV across the room, but rather than turning around to see what the score was, I looked it up on ESPN.com</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Nitania and I have our computers set up in the living room, and as we mud the TV is directly behind us. So if there is something on TV that we want to see while mudding, we have a mirror we position on the computer table so that we can watch TV at the same time. The trouble is that everything is backwards on the TV. You can get pretty good at reading backwards after a while. Image

Lyt
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Aug 08, 2001 10:39 pm

When I was about to move and packed all my things in boxes...

I had one tiny box of clothes and eleven huge boxes of books
I only play RPGs or games that require puzzle solving
I am drawn to the computer like bees to nectar
I even sit in front of it to eat, read, or pay my bills
I have conversations with people about history, philosophy and books in general
I even iron and fold clothes while tuned into the mud or irc, hehe

Geeks will rule the world!

Jennie
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Aug 09, 2001 12:18 am

not so

rulers leave their seats i hear
Hamibugan Sinweaver
Sojourner

Postby Hamibugan Sinweaver » Thu Aug 09, 2001 2:05 am

Stopped refrigerating beer, too far to walk to fridge.

Once spent a weekend when the wife was away at the comp. Moved dogs bowls and food next to computer so I wouldn't forget to feed them.

I read incessantly at my computer while MUDding (no wonder I read all my books twice).

Once decided a WHOLE bunch of beer and a night of zoning would be great......I passed out halfway through the third zone and was only cleric. Logged next morning to a bunch of nasty-grams.

Wife once turned off computer completely while solo-clericing Mansion vault on Basternae. Nasty, Nasty deaths ensued.

I check this website at least 35 times a day from work.

Turned down or no-showed a few dates for good exp.

I'll stop at that.

p.s. Silly Kia, silly, lol.

------------------
That is all. Peace.
Hami
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Aug 09, 2001 4:52 am

::whimpers::

I think I have you as of last week.

Doing xp on sojourn, working on an Open Source Programming Project, my role playing materials open not that far away from a recent break (complete with mathematical charts on dice probability), and a book on Algorithm Design open in my lap.

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Thu Aug 09, 2001 7:06 am

Lol... I come to think of a incident last week. We were goin to a class about studying techniques and I was to bring a easily read book with me. So I looked trough my book shelf and what do I find... Exile, Bloodstone, Sojourn, Streams of silver and so on mixed in with teach yourself C, teach yourself C++, Linux programming bible and so on. I realised that every darn book I own is printed in English and not so easily read considered im a swede. I guess I am a geek shudder!

/Klurg

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 09, 2001 12:21 pm

Ooooh, time to hit up Malacar for equip on Diablo2. Send me your username. :P
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Thu Aug 09, 2001 8:00 pm

ug, i have turned down dates for videogames. i think i have everyone beat with that.

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Thu Aug 09, 2001 9:19 pm

Yep, you do Image

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Thu Aug 09, 2001 9:37 pm

I give my best friend my garage code so that when it is time to go out he can come over and shut off my computer... Once he came over while I was zoning and a fist fight broke out Image

I have left my girlfriends house because it was 10 p.m. and time to get on the mud.

I have kicked my roommate out of the house "because I had some important things to do on the mud".

I don't know if these things make me an asshole or a geek but I think a little of both.

Aderon
Djaarrukan
Sojourner

Postby Djaarrukan » Sun Aug 26, 2001 10:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Thurg:
<B>ug, i have turned down dates for videogames. i think i have everyone beat with that.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I have turned down _sex_ for mud. My old old GF used to try! to bribe me to come off the computer. And I used to leave our house to go to the 24hr computer lab on campus when she was about to go to sleep so I wouldn't keep her up on the computer in our room. Jeesus just typing that makes me want to rethink me priorities.

Good Lord. I think I have a problem. Although I am much better now.

Djsham, Djwarr, Djrogue
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Aug 26, 2001 5:31 pm

Hey, could always do what some other people have.. have sex -while- mudding. Of course I think every one of those cases casued the person to get killed.. snicker Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”