How does one break into a zone group?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Galorion
Sojourner

How does one break into a zone group?

Postby Galorion » Sat Aug 25, 2001 4:36 am

So here I am once again after a crash, bored to death and sitting 1w with my 37th human enchanter (non-anon). What is the proper method to go about getting into a zone group? I feel odd asking random people if they have room for me. I tried shouting my availability in town, but that didn't seem to get me anywhere.

Any suggestions here would be appreciated, thanks Image.

------------------
Galorion (Paladin)/Alzaris (Enchanter)
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Aug 25, 2001 4:44 am

37th Ench shouting for group? Image
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Aug 25, 2001 7:53 am

figure out who lead zone and ask them if they got room for you. if u dont know how's leading ask someone u know who is high lvl and in the group, ask them who's leading and then send leader a tell. if u can't find a group, that's when u gotten form a group and lead mid-size zones.

ex: ud settlement, evermoor, citadel, ue, ms
nizari, tako, kuo-toan

most of the decent mid-lvl stuff is spread out and usually only 1 or 2 fights. but the idea is that u are leading and u are getting use to having people follow u aound.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:04 am

Get some more levels. You'll get serious groups once you have gate/reloc.

I actually asked you the other day, but you were busy.

How to do so for anyone: know your class, follow instructions, pay attention, and learn as much as you can.

Dornax
Jurdex
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Aug 25, 2001 8:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
<B>figure out who lead zone and ask them if they got room for you. if u dont know how's leading ask someone u know who is high lvl and in the group, ask them who's leading and then send leader a tell. if u can't find a group, that's when u gotten form a group and lead mid-size zones.

ex: ud settlement, evermoor, citadel, ue, ms
nizari, tako, kuo-toan

most of the decent mid-lvl stuff is spread out and usually only 1 or 2 fights. but the idea is that u are leading and u are getting use to having people follow u aound.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sok has an excellent point. I haven't really "zoned" all that much, but I've been trying to lead some of the smaller things myself. It's good to learn things that are slightly easier, and build up confidence before taking on the larger zones. In time and w/ levels I'm sure everyone will eventually find a niche in a zone group or 2.

Twyl
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Aug 25, 2001 9:22 am

DOH! Posted about XP but it was in the wrong discussion! Image

[This message has been edited by cherzra (edited 08-25-2001).]
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Sat Aug 25, 2001 9:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I actually asked you the other day, but you were busy.</font>

Yup, I remember that - I finally get asked to do something and I'm busy - murphy's law in action I guess Image.

And Twyl, thanks for dragging me along earlier tonight - it was fun Image.

------------------
Galorion (Paladin)/Alzaris (Enchanter)

[This message has been edited by Galorion (edited 08-25-2001).]
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Aug 27, 2001 6:33 am

Once again I get to speak for the negative...

ways to get into zone groups assuming you not know anyone that zones much.

*Suck up to known leaders.
*Kiss known leaders ass
*Give known leader nice item or a tell when rares load so they may come kill it.
*Just consent or follow any know leader, they will either group you or tell you to piss off.
*Pretend you know known leaders by calling them by their first name.
*smile and laugh at nothing when near a large group, leader might think yuo know one of his group wella dn invite you along.
*Make fun of other groups infront of know leaders, if they have some opposition to them they might think you are on their side.
*Hit on leaders mud girlfriend when he not about, she might like having you about as well and make him invite you along so she can toy with you both.

There are lots of ways to break into zone groups, these are but a small handfull.

If they don't work yuo casn always try, hard work, lots of exp and proving your skills by helping with rares and CRs.

<--- End of rant --->
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Aug 27, 2001 7:21 am

Should have rolled an evil, I'd take you along anytime.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jasix Prowlingwolf:

*Pretend you know known leaders by calling them by their first name.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, good post Jasix. All of these things happen, but I am always startled when I hear my RL name in tell from someone who wouldnt recognize me from Adam on the street.

[This message has been edited by Mplor (edited 08-27-2001).]
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Mon Aug 27, 2001 4:39 pm

As an enchanter soon to be getting gate and reloc you wont have a problem. In fact, you should be getting some now. I dont lead anything major, but I know I've asked ya a few times. busy at work! tsk tsk. Oops. I have that same problem too!

Izzy
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Aug 28, 2001 1:45 am

The best way to gain favor with players is to invite them when YOU are forming a group. This includes zone leaders. Nothing puts you on my list faster than being asked to group, even if it's just ship experience.

- Ragorn
Galorian tells you 'doing TF, wanna come?'
emote remembers Galorian's name.
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:45 pm

Dont be an Elven Warrior!

Frensolith, Elven Warrior

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”