Another question to pass the time.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Rhelath
Sojourner

Another question to pass the time.

Postby Rhelath » Mon Feb 19, 2001 8:31 am

What was everyones favorite(if such a thing can happen)death that they remember?
(It's 2:30 am and i'm off tomorrow. Sue me, I got bored. =))

-Rhel.
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Mon Feb 19, 2001 11:34 am

My non-favorite death
was dying 100 times on fireplane with sok because i didn't have FP with Bibbe. All the dumb evils didn't understand to give me a fireweed either....
Bleah
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:12 pm

I had a very very stupid death in gith once, causing a simple gith run to take 4 hours.

We had the retard as conjie, so I guess I could blame him, but it was my fault.

Cherzra had fumbled his sword 1n, while we were trying to cr Drogga. So i order the retard, "fire n", and of course I walk into late to pick up sword. No big deal I think.. I'll just dim back out.... Totally forgetting its no teleport.. and Gokk isn't fast enough on summon, so i try flee.. End up in the wrong direction.

/Jegzed
Thengil
Sojourner

Postby Thengil » Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:56 pm

My non-favorite death must be when they rebooted to change astral, the world echo said 'its a lot harder now' but me Enth and Grippen thought 'hell how much harder can it be' went up there on our own which lead to a 24 hour CR Image
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:09 pm

Dying in invasion, hell wouldn't have given a shit if I had died 40x! It was the most fun I ever had, and knowing what we would have to split made it even more fun!

Cherzra will lose 15 levels for invasion eq! (troll) stands here
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Feb 19, 2001 2:22 pm

I was first evil with invasion eq last wipe I think.. That efreeti ring from when we started invasion and it crashed.

Katheli group-says, "fuck this, I'm dicing this ring on entire group"

/Jegzed
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:02 pm

That damn squirrel that ate his wheaties right before you roll a new character....
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Mon Feb 19, 2001 3:26 pm

Well it dosent usually result in death but all those shouts we hear around BG
"Help I'm in a tar pit and I can't get out!"
esp. when they come from 40+ people who should really know better.

Rausrh licks you.
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Mon Feb 19, 2001 5:09 pm

bah, i can save this newbie from displacer beast by myself.

*sigh*

tug kildran
ress please??
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 19, 2001 5:50 pm

My favorite death EVER wasn't mine, I don't even remember whose it was. He died on the tanner, and ran back to pick up his corpse. Wore all and BLAM dropped down dead again. We all boggled, and he ran back and tried again. Down like a rock he went. We petitioned Mystra, she looked at him and his stuff and told us she had no idea what was wrong. Asked if he had any -con gear which of course he didn't, since we were all newbies practically naked. She went to check the code and we looked at his corpse again.

Oh yeah, capes of laced pearl are -10hp.

- Ragorn
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:15 am

I have two favorite deaths. One was when I was playing my ranger, Ranila, way back when +con gears worked like vitality. Whenever you lose vitality you lose that much hp it gives you. So I was killing the baron's daughter in bloodstone with my group. It went bad and I had to get out. I was down to 32hp and was the last surviving member. I managed to get out of the room. Then I thought to myself: I need to wear fly gear to make sure I don't run out of mv. So I removed my cloak to wear my fly gear. What I forgot was that the cloak I was wearing notches my con. Poof and I went down to -8hp and died. =)

Second one was when I was playing my warrior Wargo. For one of the quest, I needed to get into the thief's guild in Calimport. I didn't want to twink it by rolling a newbie thief and I was too lazy to ask people for help. So, I walked up to the guild. I con'd the guild guard and it said he was an even match. I looked at him and he also appears to be a pure warrior type. So I thought to myself: 2 level 50 warriors dueling...I wonder who would win? Without a second thought and I attacked the guard. The wuss didn't hit like an elite but still hit pretty hard. I got him down to awful and I was betting on him dying before me. Unfortunately, he got a critical in and did me in. I had to run all the way from GN to Calimport. When I got there and got redressed, he was at full hp again. I didn't care and attacked again and that time I killed him. As a result of the PC lvl 50 warrior vs NPC lvl 50 warrior duel: 1-1. I am going to do this again to settle the score when I get up to that quest again =P

Wargo (The crazy barbarian who thinks he can solo as well as his ranger)
Iaiken
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken » Tue Feb 20, 2001 6:46 am

Hey, I did cape of laced pearls death too...I spotted it after the first go so it didn't really hurt me too bad expwise...

Iaiken...
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:22 am

Died at ghore trying to solo some mobs then while walking back from drow, paladin and friends stoped to say hello.. of course it was daylight and i was a drow and after i fled (why not teleport?) figures.. spended a whole day looking for the eq..
Selenar
Sojourner

Postby Selenar » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:10 pm

Mud-wide raid on Piergeiron! (thx Jerra & Jihad) Cerze died before I did...my crowning moment...

-Sel
imp
Sojourner

Postby imp » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:42 pm

In Ice Crag Castle alone as Troll.

Hrm that Cook seems as an ok mob, oops too tough, oops he tracks, oops this wasnt end o zone, oops aggro fox, oops Cook here *smack* Image

/imp - oops long walk
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Tue Feb 20, 2001 5:12 pm

Dumbest Death: Got level 10 with Vurad, wanted to see those "enhanced stats" (Con excellent etc..) was pretty beaten down by a mob and took off all my gear (scarlet ring included). Needless to say I was dead before i typed att.

Wrong option.
Wrong option.

Most repeated death: Wobb (troll war) to rhemoraz in IC vault. Fire damage is gruesome for a troll. I think my record deaths to incend cloud was about 6 in one trip.

Most Pointless Death: Vurad level 48 (I wonder what will happen if I cast UNholy word). I HAD to try it. Hehe!

Wobb/Vurad/Dror
valkur
Sojourner

Postby valkur » Wed Feb 21, 2001 10:49 pm

Illreok - thats a real winner there :P

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”