Leaving

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Dinggle
Sojourner

Leaving

Postby Dinggle » Sun Sep 16, 2001 6:08 am

not leaving anymore, so my comments are invalid

[This message has been edited by Dinggle (edited 09-19-2001).]
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sun Sep 16, 2001 6:47 am

Oh no! i don't agree at all! i constantly see other people giving tons of things to the people who don't have anything at all! And whenever I get a replacement for an item, i never sell it, i just give my old item to someone who needs it.. (i wish more ppl did this.. but thats ok Image But i constantly see a lot of eq giving.. particularly to the people who have nothing or to newbies.. typically i don't have anything anymore but while i did have spare gear i gave it away Image i hope you change your mind sometime.. (although it is disgusting to see posts on eq boards like: 3 jeweled cestus fs, 4 batskin masks.. etc..) when just giving 1 or 2 of those to < 20 level chars would really make their day... (im 26.. i don't expect hand outs anymore Image thats the only greed i see, and that is usually just a few ppl.. Image sorry to see anyone decide to leave... especially when its the actions of the other players.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Sep 16, 2001 7:50 am

Have to zone more then once a week to get stuff you consitantly need. I zoned for 4 weeks before i started getting better stuff and people trusted i wouldnt be leaving. All I can say, is you have to hang in there.. and keep going...
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Sun Sep 16, 2001 8:02 am

see above

[This message has been edited by Dinggle (edited 09-19-2001).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Sep 16, 2001 2:11 pm

Well i wasn't a evil last wipe either. There are a few people that didnt play on this mud last wipe. These are people that constantly zone, so like I said before thats just a excuse. If you wanna zone.. you'll zone... wether you lead it or someone else does.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Tue Sep 18, 2001 6:48 am

I agree... I was a newbie last wipe. But this wipe I've had enough playtime to do almost all existing zones and level 3 different characters. I didn't really know a whole lot of people.. save a few from another mud that I started playing when Sojourn went down. I consider myself to be a dedicated, learned player.. and I have been well recieved on the evil side. Mostly by the choice of my class tho.. I made level 30 with my rogue to find out there were no up and coming invokers.. well I saw an obligation to bring a consistant playing invoker to the evil side.

But the point of all this rambling is that I didn't know a whole lot of people... the people I met are awesome and we enjoy lots of zoning. It is somewhat who you know.. and the people I have met/know also know that they will rarely be without an invoker or rogue when they need one.

I think if you gave it a little time.. maybe get yourself 50th level.. you might see a little more appriciation. Right now as you said tho.. there is only ever one evil zoning group.. and I have seen you in it a few times. But as people continue to level and such on the evil side... there will soon be 2 able zoning groups available. Keep in mind that I find myself without a place in zoning groups when I get on after a group has already been formed and such as well. So what? Thats how it is.. you won't see me whine about it or make a big spectacle about quitting the game. I am sorry to see you go tho.. as you were a good enchanter. A bit whiney at times about the way group limits work and how people like to help people that have helped them. But you will be missed.

-Jaznolg
P.S. Gotta give the gods credit for creating a game where people can play and maintain entertainment for over 6 years.. man that is amazing.. Image
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Sep 18, 2001 3:36 pm

hrm, still no valid comments really..

[This message has been edited by Teyaha (edited 09-19-2001).]
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:09 pm

i dont know whut to say
I'LL miss you for one i know
ive got close to 40 days of playtime into Turxx and im still not fully accepted into some of the tighter groups, i still have several eq upgrades whut need to made and i still have alot to learn about playing my char.
if your leaving due to the fact you've outgrown the game fine. dont go because it too hard to get ahead with your char, isnt that part whut makes fun, the fact that its hard? and your gunna run into assholes in every part of your life, you gotta deal with them.
if youve decided to go go, why make a post announcing it unless yould like to be asked not to go.
so i guess thats whut this is, me asking you not to go.

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 09-18-2001).]
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:31 pm

I have a hard time reading this post and not laughing. Greed? lets just say that the last time I did brass Teyaha was in the group and only got the flamberge, now i understand this isnt an item that fit his class, but myself and at least 6 others got nothing, Teyaha stormed off mad and logged off, while those of us who got nothing said not a word of complaint. The last three times i have done a zone with him he has gotten things and complained because it wasnt what he wanted. And now this rediculous post of accusation, in an obvious attempt to just get attention. He didnt leave at all btw, he still plays. I am not posting this to complain that i havnt gotten more than my fair share of good stuff, but it has taken alot of time, and alot of deaths to get my character where he is, countless times i missed out on handouts, but thats the way things go, when you get 7 items in a 15 man group 8 people dont get anything, and chances are very few get exactly what they wanted. More mature now? man i would have hated to see what a spaz you were back then.
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Tue Sep 18, 2001 4:58 pm

All eqs are to be earn, not given. The one that benefit the most lately are the new upcomer. If you really want to compare eq. Go sit at 3w at look at person with the same class and (or close to your)level, compare that with your set of eqs. Upcomer trying to walk before they learn how to crawl. Some people take thing for granted.

Blung take no prisoner.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Sep 19, 2001 2:39 am

still nothing good here...

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Sep 19, 2001 3:00 am

yah yah jibberish..

Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Sep 19, 2001 5:59 am

Teyaha,

Regardless of the brass trip, and your displeasure at only getting darkenbeast claws out of crypts(another zone myself and others got nothing from), taking a holier than though everyone else is greedy approach makes me laugh because far and away you are the greediest person playing an evil i have encountered since toril. Blung is absolutly right, the upcoming people now get the majority of the equipment out of zones we are doing, you have it easy, you didnt put in the deaths or the time that alot of us did, doing the zones at first, doing ress quest (oh i think your rogue may have tagged along is vassar's pocket for one fight in ress quest). Instead you spent your time working on a army of mediocre midlevel characters, thats your choice mind you, but for the amount of time you have put into zoning vs the reward you have gotten you are making out like a bandit with your multiple equipped characters. You can try to fall back on well i have been playing for 6 years and i have put in my time on past wipes, but truth be told that is irrelevant, i have played here 5 but wouldnt ever use it as an arguement for deserving some preference. When it really comes down to it 6 times 0 still gives you zero. If your post was a simple goodby im leaving, it could have been left alone, but it wasnt, it was an accusation where the accuser was truely guilty one.

Blung deleted himself because it was 5am, some of us had to work and we were going to go back into 9hells to get his corpse that we didnt have enough people to get back, there were alot of us upset that night, and alot of us who had to use sick days for work, but it was to sleep and recover from that zone not because we were waxing nastalgic about days long past, some of us chose to live in the present.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:23 am

still nothing constructive

Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Sat Sep 22, 2001 7:29 am

This whole topic is lame... I should not have even posted.

-Jaznolg
Awwwww... poor Teyaha.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”