association feedback

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

association feedback

Postby Corth » Sun Oct 14, 2001 5:56 am

1)Cant seem to change ranking of members
2)the association channel (acc) should be changed to a bold color to make it more readable.
3)assoc fine doesnt seem to work. it says that it only works in an active association.. even when the association is listed as active
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Oct 14, 2001 11:30 am

oh suggestion..

allow untitled alts to take part in association chat and not take up one of the 25 slots. But only for people who have another character guilded

Corth
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:41 pm

As far as i can tell.. it has to be case sensitive...

assoc rank zazyg officer (bad)

assoc rank Zazyg Officer (good)

And they have to be in the room with you...
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Mon Oct 15, 2001 12:56 am

Should you be able to see invis assoc members on assoc list when you don't have detect invis? As of right now, you can't.

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:28 pm

I'll fix the case sensitive junk and the fine command...and consider if you should be able to see invis members.

I'm wondering if anyone else thinks the ACC channel is too hard to read...never had any complaints about it last wipe, and it's easy for *me* to read, so just curious. I don't really want to make it bright pink unless alot of people want it that way, otherwise I'd suggest just changing the color in your client to whatever you like.

------------------
<B>Shevarash -- Code Forger of Sojourn3
</B>
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Oct 15, 2001 7:07 pm

It's bright magenta on MY client =)

Yayaril
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:27 am

I think its fine.. not much different then OOC, and thats been used for years
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Oct 16, 2001 5:32 am

nods.. i changed it in my client.. and since I'm the only who disliked it, I guess its all good now.

Shev, one other thing..

How difficult would it be to code something that would make the mud automatically include a normalizing &N code before each non-bold color switch? That way there would never be any of this silly color bleeding, and it would free up a lot of characters for titles.

Corth
zanen
Sojourner

Postby zanen » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:47 am

will there be different levels of associations like there used to be so we can expand the membership limit? it just seems to me that recruiting youngsters would be a big part of associations, but with a membership limit of 25, you'd have to reserve most of the spots for useful members (i.e. 41+ to do zones with).
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Oct 16, 2001 2:36 pm

ALLL HOT PINK AND BOLT WOOT! :P
Pinky
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Tue Oct 16, 2001 3:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>nods.. i changed it in my client.. and since I'm the only who disliked it, I guess its all good now.

Shev, one other thing..

How difficult would it be to code something that would make the mud automatically include a normalizing &N code before each non-bold color switch? That way there would never be any of this silly color bleeding, and it would free up a lot of characters for titles.

Corth</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would rock Image..1/3rd my space is used normalizing.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:32 pm

Isn't limiting a guild to 25 members in effect detrimental to the mud?

I understand group limits and all of that, but what exactly is the reasoning for 25 members? The old limit used to be 40, and I think that might be a little too big, but certainly better.

Perhaps for each person over 25 you add you are charged 1k or 5k per month in dues?

I think it would be cool to have 2 groups of 15 of totally guilded members on at the same time. Plus you could then try a guild-only tiamat run, etc..

Dornax
Jurdex
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:47 pm

Question 1:
Is it 5k per person to start the Association? or just a one time 5k startup fee?

Question 2:
Is it 5k per person per month? or 5k per Assoc per month?

Quesiont 3:
Is there currently a level limit for being in an Assoc?

Question 4:
Is there currently a level limit for being a FOUNDER of an Assoc?

Question 5:
If the MUD really wants more RP, why such steep requirements for monthly dues? I doubt a bunch of level 20's & 30's could drag up 5k a month each, especially if they spend most of their time doing RP related activities. (Remember, this question is based on the lack of knowledge of knowing the Assoc montly dues policy, and I'm assuming it's 5k per person per month atm.)
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jurdex:
<B>Isn't limiting a guild to 25 members in effect detrimental to the mud?

I understand group limits and all of that, but what exactly is the reasoning for 25 members? The old limit used to be 40, and I think that might be a little too big, but certainly better.

Perhaps for each person over 25 you add you are charged 1k or 5k per month in dues?

I think it would be cool to have 2 groups of 15 of totally guilded members on at the same time. Plus you could then try a guild-only tiamat run, etc..

Dornax
Jurdex</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hafta agree here.
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:05 pm

I like the size as it is, bigger is not better in this case. I like the fact that you have to choose your members carefully.
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:38 pm

Why are we trading all the old rules for newer ones??

Not to get off on a rant but before it was hard as hell to get a guild going, a good charter, a buttload of money, a respectable group of players to start it out, imm approval/disapproval of things, hell even fines/risk of disbanding if you went against the charter.

Now all you need is 5000 plat and you have a spanky title, and an extra chat channel, but you can only have 25 people.

I know the code just went in, and isn't finalized..but is this how it is always going to be?

E
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:44 pm

Caedym,

5k founding fee and 5k per month so 10k your first month

level to join= level of founder now...think this should be changed to 40-45

level 20s and 30s can make 5k a month easy...if i can do it solo being in the 30s a group should have no problem. (i dont sell eq for plats either)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 16, 2001 9:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Caedym:
<B>Question 1:
Is it 5k per person to start the Association? or just a one time 5k startup fee?

One 5,000 plat startup fee

Question 2:
Is it 5k per person per month? or 5k per Assoc per month?

One 5,000 plat maintentance fee (per assoc)

Quesiont 3:
Is there currently a level limit for being in an Assoc?

Level 20

Question 4:
Is there currently a level limit for being a FOUNDER of an Assoc?

No, just have to be over level 20.

Question 5:
If the MUD really wants more RP, why such steep requirements for monthly dues? I doubt a bunch of level 20's & 30's could drag up 5k a month each, especially if they spend most of their time doing RP related activities. (Remember, this question is based on the lack of knowledge of knowing the Assoc montly dues policy, and I'm assuming it's 5k per person per month atm.)

5,000 plat per RL month is not all that hard to obtain. And the reason to have a maintenance fee is so that assoc don't just stagnate and disappear. If you don't have the 5k, the assoc is dibanded.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erevan
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Wed Oct 17, 2001 3:24 am

Could it be set so that linkdead characters don't show as being online in the assoc? Or at least listed as not active?

Sylvos
Mairus
Sojourner

Postby Mairus » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:19 am

level 20s and 30s can make 5k a month easy...if i can do it solo being in the 30s a group should have no problem. (i dont sell eq for plats either)[/B][/QUOTE]

Really...your going to have to tell me how you maintain 5K plat a month at lvl 25...
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
level 20s and 30s can make 5k a month easy...if i can do it solo being in the 30s a group should have no problem. (i dont sell eq for plats either)</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll point out that you make your money by leading exp groups for people ten levels higher than you, and then keeping the money without splitting. I love you goonda, but don't assume that every level 20 is going to have Touk to hang around with.

- Ragorn
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:03 am

bad assumption wussy ragorn Image i've been forced to split lately and spend most of my cash on re-equipping others...you can make almost 1k total a night on pirate ship. one jot trip nets you alot...cash it not hard.

i love you but you are dead wrong wussling
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:50 am

How often are level 20's and 30's in jot and pirate ship?

It's impossible for them to gather 5k/month, period.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>How often are level 20's and 30's in jot and pirate ship?

It's impossible for them to gather 5k/month, period.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Upon further review by the gods, we are likely going to change this to X per person, with the X to still be defined. This should allow smaller groups to form their own association. Will get back to you later on this (Kia, the other assoc god, is out of town this week).

Ere
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:46 pm

Actually I am in total favor of some kind of 'eliteness' remaining around guilds.

My comments were just meant for Gormal who said that 5k is easy even for level 20's and 30's, I disagree on that.

I certainly didn't mean that every level 20 and 30 should be able to get into a guild, not by far, I am totally against that!
Vylare
Sojourner

Postby Vylare » Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:54 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>bad assumption wussy ragorn Image i've been forced to split lately and spend most of my cash on re-equipping others...you can make almost 1k total a night on pirate ship. one jot trip nets you alot...cash it not hard.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People split money after jot????? I've spent many an hour in the pirate ship and never gotten 1k. I just had to borrow 2800 platinum to buy a tinker bag, and I'm level 47 and whatever platinum I had (I think it was 3500 p or so) was all I had gotten since I started this wipe. I don't buy equipment either. So anyone who wants to share secret cash sources, go ahead, cuz I have to make 2800 p to pay this person back, and at my current rate of acquiring money that will take me 2-3 months.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 17, 2001 4:06 pm

i solod from 1-30 so i got to keep all my coins, after 5 or 6 play days i had accumulated 3.5k plat.

5k a month isnt that much if you have 20 or 25 members, but i wanted to make an association with 5 or 6 folks, my rl friends, but itd be tough to come up with 5k a month to pay for it. there are those who 5k is not a problem, but there are those that are level 45 that dont have 1k in the bank.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:22 pm

If you kept the guild limits the same and implemented X#plats per member you could still get the 5k monthly fee from those guilds who have 25 members by fining each member 200 plat per m onth.

I know it is much easier to come up with 200p per person individually than 5k as a whole. (if that makes sense)

On another note, A guild limit of 30 would be much nicer Image 2 complete groups of 15 going on at one time.

BUT if it never changes, I wont lose any sleep... just my thoughts. Image

Nitania
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:35 pm

*nods*

guild fee of 200p per month per persion in the guild would be ok with me.. and it would let people form smaller guilds and be able to keep them around.

As for member numbers.. yeah, I think 30 people would be good, so you can have 2 groups of 15 going.. plus we are at the 25 person cap and have a few people that we wanted join but can't. Image
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:02 pm

I tend to think a guild should cost more per person than 200 plat.

I also hope the Gods review having the limit on guilds increased. Really no sense that my guild would be limited at all, especially the RP story behind it. Other guilds might have a desire to remain small and closed. It'd be nice to have the choice.

Thanks for the consideration.

Dornax
Jurdex
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:31 pm

Hmm.. yeah.. what may be interesting is to have 'maintainance' fees when you build your guildhall etc.. so that a small guild w/o a hall and stuff would be fairly cheap to maintain.. if you have a big hall and stuff, then it should cost more then 200p each.

Hard to say.. it all depends on if you think guilds should require more or less effort on the players.
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Thu Oct 18, 2001 12:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Erevan:[/B]</font>

<B>
One 5,000 plat startup fee</B>

That number seems very appropriate then. I don't think it should be more or less.

<B>
One 5,000 plat maintentance fee (per assoc)</B>

I concur on this number, since it isn't per person in the guild, this shouldn't be a problem for any group of 5 people over level 20 who have NOW become aware of the need for money.

<B>
Level 20
</B>

Before it was level 25. It is good that it was lowered to the level where you can get a last name. (Your 2nd step in acquiring a coded RP feature to your character.

<B>
No, just have to be over level 20.</B>

This is a terrific idea. It means people who want to focus on maintaining the guild over playing the mud won't be penalized.

<B>
5,000 plat per RL month is not all that hard to obtain. And the reason to have a maintenance fee is so that assoc don't just stagnate and disappear. If you don't have the 5k, the assoc is dibanded.</B>

I agree, remember, I wasn't sure if this was per person or guild before, but since it is per Association, I don't have a problem with it.

Thank you for official answers Erevan. I’m not exactly sure if I entirely agree with the idea to make monthly dues based on the number of members tho.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:</font>

level 20s and 30s can make 5k a month easy...if i can do it solo being in the 30s a group should have no problem...

I solo'd a few characters from 1-40. Solo'd. That means a lone. By yourself. That doesn't mean having your higher level friends plevel you on WD Elites, MS Wiz's, Tower, having a friend's Enchanter Major Paralyze mobs for you, having an ungrouped bard sing heal/hero in the room, or whatever - and then keeping the loot for yourself. I know a few other players who are the same way, (self solo'rs) and they are pretty lucky to have 2 or 3k in their accounts by the time they hit 40 level. Furthermore, most of these individuals Exp in zones where the platinum is the most plentiful. As someone who has been one of those friends to help you plevel up one of your characters, I would have imagined you to know better then to talk this garbage.

<B>..you can make almost 1k total a night on pirate ship. one jot trip nets you alot...cash it not hard...
</B>

I have never heard of, much less seen, any level 20's or 30's that solo on the HP Pirate Ship or solo in Jot, or even go to Jot in their 20's. I see high 30's and all various level 40's groups there doing Exp on Pirate ship, and when the split comes, it does not come to 1k per person for the night. You also don't normally go to Jot unless you are 45ish and have 500hps so you don't die from one area.

Try smelling what you are shoveling here.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:24 am

calm down caedym.

you can make 1k a night on the pirate ship with your GUILD. holy crap thats what this is about...not soloing. I used that to make a point and i get reamed for it. the point of the entire cash issue is that you have an entire GUILD to make the money.

and if you are gonna flame me please do so in private, it has no place on this forum.
Galorion
Sojourner

Postby Galorion » Thu Oct 18, 2001 3:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">level 20s and 30s can make 5k a month easy...if i can do it solo being in the 30s a group should have no problem. (i dont sell eq for plats either) </font>

A small group of 20-30th level chars with no high level friends/alts will never be able to make that much cash, especially since the mud is pretty much already flooded with eq that a group of that level would be able to obtain to sell.

I think that a smaller per member fee would be great, that way non-hardcore smaller groups would be able to participate in the fun too.

------------------
Galorion (Paladin)/Alzaris (Enchanter)
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Oct 18, 2001 7:32 am

1. I like the idea of associations being a way for groups of friends to associate, whatever their level or goals on the mud. I think the level 20 lower limit is good since it keeps out the riffraff.

2. I would support a per-person fee so that smaller associations aren't penalized. I think the fee should be per month for the association, but based on the sum of the levels of all its members. For example:

level cost
45+ 300p - 25 X 300p = 7500p
40-44 250p
35-39 200p - 25 X 200p = 5000p
30-34 160p
25-29 130p
20-25 100p

That's just an example, numbers could be adjusted however, you get the idea. I think all of those contribution levels are realistic and attainable.

4. The start-up fee is fine in my opinion, it should be more than a whim to create an association.

5. I don't know how this works, but I assume each month the association's account is reduced by the fee amount? Members can deposit into that account whenever... as opposed to taking from the members' accounts, which would necessitate much unnecessary money juggling?

Vadian
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:32 am

not applicable

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 10-18-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”