2 People mudding from same DSL Line

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Anaram
Sojourner

2 People mudding from same DSL Line

Postby Anaram » Sun Nov 18, 2001 10:36 pm

Question for all/any of you who do this.

I have finally been able to convince my girlfriend to try out mudding, however we have a shared DSL line behind a nat rounter. If we are both on at the same time is it considered Multiplaying. Does anyone know a way to do this without getting into trouble, or if a god could let me know what is legal or not. I have read help multi and it says it's not allowed, but I question how others do it then.

Any help with this would be appriciated.

Anaram
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:28 pm

Hey Anaram,

My wife and I both play from a DSL line using Windows ICS. When we just started up, I petitioned asking about the legality. I don't remember the address, but was told if you email the gods with the character names who will be playing on each different computer, and you don't play each other's character it would be ok.

Obviously, as I am not a god here I can't offer the formal permission, but that's my understanding.

Sylvos
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:20 am

I think gods have said in the past it is ok, but you might need to officially send them an e-mail and you might get snooped at random to verify no multi playing.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2001 3:33 am

Petition when you see an admin is on, tell them that you are two people playing on a shared DSL connection and that your two char names are X and Y. That's all you need to do. We then post it on a board and check that first if we think someone is multiplaying.

Ere
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Nov 19, 2001 8:11 am

Make sure you let a god know and send a message with all of your character names and your girlfriends character names to:
help@sojourn3.org

I have 3 people playing on my dialup line at one time *cringe*
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:12 pm

This was also not a problem for my girlfriend and I when we played on the same DSL. I was confronted by a very angry admin who I think almost pulled my plug (yikes!) before I could squeak out the explanation, but after that it was all clouds and bunnies.

- Ragorn
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:26 pm

bunnies!?

*panic!*

bunnies are vicious disease carrying rodents who can, given time, gnaw your arm off!

fear bunnies!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”