My Connection with the mud

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Elscint
Sojourner

My Connection with the mud

Postby Elscint » Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:06 pm

I know it is not the responsibility of the gods to ensure that I have good connection to the mud, and that's not what I'm asking for. Specifically recently I have had horrible lag when connecting, I'm on North East Wisconsin Roadrunner, they are my cable modem provider. It is my understanding that the Mud is also on the Roadrunner network. Since this is the case to my understanding I was wondering if maybe someone perhaps one of the gods who works for Roadrunner? To clarify why I may be getting this bad connection. It's so bad that when I ping the mud I get somewhere between 50% and 90% packet loss. At any rate if anyone could dig up an answer so I know who to call and complain to that'd be great. I check my NEW Roadrunnder network status page regularly and they claim to have no problems with their system what so ever. And they are probably right since I can connect to other muds with no lag at all. Anyhow all I'm looking for is a little info if anyone knows anything. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Azaz a.k.a.
Elscint Hairytoes
(The Halfling Sorcerer)
Luke Olson
Asog
Sojourner

Postby Asog » Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:34 am

Yep, this totally blows.
Ebgar
Sojourner

Postby Ebgar » Mon Dec 03, 2001 2:52 pm

I'm on Roadrunner in Indiana, and I have a flawless connection, fast as anything. Only time I get lag is if whole mud is getting it.

Dunno what's wrong man Image

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 03, 2001 3:07 pm

Do a traceroute to the mud and see where it hangs up. You might be able to call the provider and complain. If you know someone local, they might be able to re-route something to bypass a bad hop. Sorry to hear about it, though. Image
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Dec 03, 2001 7:47 pm

Given the fact that @home is like defunct, you might be getting residual route changes through inadequate routers. The company might fix it if you complain loud enough.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Dec 04, 2001 7:51 am

ive complained to my isp, they claim there are like 5 or 6 routers or some sht and thats where i get the lag from, tho i know with different isps i dont get the same lag, also i do not get the same lag from other muds
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:12 pm

I just noticed this same problem too when i connect from school...I can even connect to duris without as much lag if i can even connect to sojourn...and their server blows. I assume its just crappy roadrunner

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”