Newbie Elementalist

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Wulv
Sojourner

Newbie Elementalist

Postby Wulv » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:46 pm

Greetings Mud Brothers and Sisters,

I am trying to find out which race I should roll for an elementalist. I have not mudded heavily in years and am now looking to return. I have read everything I could find and have narrowed my choice down to three different races.

Grey Elf
Yuan-Ti
Gnome

What do ya'll recommend...thanks
Uggrax - Troll Mauler / Eater of Many Things
Kelathor - Druid of Silvannus
---
Jnar - Barbarian Conjurer [Order of the Wyrm (1st Edition)]
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:56 pm

Scardale will be your refuge if you play solo, good leveling area.. Race wise depends what side of the racewars you wanna play unless you want to go midline human to play with goodies and evils both.

Elves get sneak, it helps, quick mem, good agility.

Yuans get the coolest elemental pets, and miss some slots for gear but very good agility.

Dunno. Depends on you.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:20 am

Yuan-ti have superior intelligence, followed by gnomes, then elves...in case you were curious.

All 3 races have infravision, but yuan-ti are limited to an extent by the lack of slots in the ears, feet, and legs. However, you can wear a tail slot (the diamond ring from Avernus is actually wearable on the tail too).
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:49 am

Yasden wrote:Yuan-ti have superior intelligence, followed by gnomes, then elves...in case you were curious.

Actually, it's Greyelf, then yuan-ti/gnome (basically a tie.) Greyelf has 150 int, relative to human's 100. Yuan-ti and gnome have 125 int. Elf also starts at 49 ac with 97 agi if I remember right, but elf has worse constitution. Yuan-ti can, but barely, hit 49 ac as well. Gnomes only get 55 ac but notch to 49 ac at 101 agi.

Gnomes are definitely harder to bash for most larger mobs. Some mobs are too big to bash them, but the same mobs can bash a yuan-ti or elf cuz they are taller.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:31 pm

if you are new to the game, consider this, getting off of hyssk is difficult if you are < level 20. And if you don't know the way when you are > 20 you'll probably need to ask someone. Hyssk dangerous place to explore.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:24 pm

From a game point of view it is all fine races. I think you chose them because you wanted infravision; that is always nice.

Play whatever race you think is coolest. Personally I play an elf because they have fastes mem-time and best ac. but all of the races you mentioned can excel as an elementalist.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:01 am

yuans get the sexiest pets :)
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:10 pm

Thilindel wrote:Actually, it's Greyelf, then yuan-ti/gnome (basically a tie.) Greyelf has 150 int, relative to human's 100. Yuan-ti and gnome have 125 int. Elf also starts at 49 ac with 97 agi if I remember right, but elf has worse constitution. Yuan-ti can, but barely, hit 49 ac as well. Gnomes only get 55 ac but notch to 49 ac at 101 agi.

Gnomes are definitely harder to bash for most larger mobs. Some mobs are too big to bash them, but the same mobs can bash a yuan-ti or elf cuz they are taller.

You're right. I was thinking about clerics and wis for whatever reason. Teach me not to post while doing homework. :P
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”