Stun

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Malvareth
Sojourner

Stun

Postby Malvareth » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Does stun affect anything other than a target's ability to cast, move and use skills? In other words, if I'm stunning a mob that normally does none of those things, will the stun be virtually pointless? If so, is that reasonable?

Logic tells me that a stunned mob shouldn't fight back or defend itself, but that may make certain abilities and spells too powerful. I haven't noticed any negative effects on the combat prowess of a stunned target (although I may have just missed it) and if that's true, wouldn't it make sense to at least have stun deal some penalties to ac and hitroll?
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:21 am

Stun just makes mobs/PC's abort spells or unable to start a spell/ability (like bash or switch opponents) for a short duration until un-stunned - it can still fight back, defend, and even flee. So yeah, if it's not a caster or you're not trying to prevent switching/bashing for a short round or two then it's pretty pointless.

The ability to abort spells is its primary purpose, and is powerful enough in the game to not pile on any additional detriments.

I saw from another post you're an illu. The switching aspect of stun is moderaely useful when solo xp'ing, as if a mob switches and spook/stun lands before the combat round (switch completes) you can leave and enter the room immediately and it'll still be on the other tank instead of having to wait, though doing this probably isn't worth it before tendrils.

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”