Title Limits

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.

Title Limits

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:41 pm

Do the obvious thing, and remove ansi characters from the counter...they dont show up on who, so why do they count towards our 80 stroke limit?
Titles are one the few ways characters can REALLY set themselves apart from the crowd physically, and they bring joy and fun to all! People love them, and im sure they would love the ability to have a few more color changes or extra length. SO please, please, fix the little counter program so that it ignores ALL ansi characters.
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Title Limits

Postby Corth » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:59 pm

grorrakk wrote: they bring joy and fun to all! People love them

Your the staff writer for the KCNA aren't you?
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:35 pm

Ohh I can't wait!

[50 Rog] Nokie Quickfingers -Locksmith- Elders of Netheril (Halfling) (RP)
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:41 pm

Nokie is a Tinker?

hahahah nokie

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:02 pm

Yeah, but the gods can easily charge that. First, there are already written rules (for instance !l33t and no alternating caps, or blinking text), so adding in no tinker-like ansi descriptions wouldnt be hard.
Second, the gods can just use their godly veto powers in the cases where players go over the line. They do all the time with names and descriptions, and as long as the new color rule is in writing, i dont see how this will seriously increase the god-workload.
Personally, however, i dont see why it would matter if you wanted to be as ugly as a tinker bag. Tinker bags are in the game...TONS of em..so if your character needs/wants to be that patchwork ugly..let him. I doubt the trend wil take over, nor does it burn my eyes physically.
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: hahahah nokie

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:15 pm

grorrakk wrote:Yeah, but the gods can easily charge that. First, there are already written rules (for instance !l33t and no alternating caps, or blinking text), so adding in no tinker-like ansi descriptions wouldnt be hard.
Second, the gods can just use their godly veto powers in the cases where players go over the line. They do all the time with names and descriptions, and as long as the new color rule is in writing, i dont see how this will seriously increase the god-workload.
Personally, however, i dont see why it would matter if you wanted to be as ugly as a tinker bag. Tinker bags are in the game...TONS of em..so if your character needs/wants to be that patchwork ugly..let him. I doubt the trend wil take over, nor does it burn my eyes physically.

Having seen the lengths people will go to to wear fugly eq, I greatly fear that easing the restrictions WOULD result in crazy, epilepsy-inducing abuse of ANSI. Having said that, I do feel that the restrictions against leet are harsh, and should be eased. After all, I'm sure it would do us all good to see:

[50 w4r] R0x0r -4h pwn j00- 1337m0ng3r5
:lol:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:14 am

I don't like not being able to have my last name just cuz I like my title in the colors I keep it in, which aren't gaudy.. it would be nice to at least have it so our lastnames could be put in afterward as long as there's still room on the line.
Holding this in mind
That if we fall, we all fall
And we fall alone
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:51 am

speaking from a 'hey i'm not a programmer' point of view...but doesn't the 80 character limit per line have something to do with the code or format or something..

i seem to remember someone going on about how everything is supposed to be an 80 character limit....so with class + level + name + title + guild tag + race...

easy solution...play the short word races! and classes! Why choose Illithid taking up 8 of your precious spaces...when you can be Ogre effectively reducing your wasted space by 4 letters!

I agree with your suggestion Grorrak, but unfortunately I have a feeling this wouldn't be as easy of a fix as it sounds... The Reign of Fire guild title is eye catching enough...but the price you pay is $8.50 at the box office for it...oh wait that's the movie... the price you pay on the mud is the ansi changes in the title take space...

Thus the reasons guild titles with simple ansi allowed characters more flexibility with their titles....kinda like "Seething Darkness" in all black...or "The Sigil" in all red. Heck, even The Forsaken had 3 color changes and a few ansi characters to reset the string back to neutral colors.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:09 pm

Not all of us want the 'who' list to be 2 lines per entry.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
kanenan
Sojourner

a crumpled note.

Postby kanenan » Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:03 am

scrawled in blood on the parchment, you read :

wrong place to post this for sure..
so you get a free bump.

:twisted: kaNe - Nohoch Ek of Leuthilspar :evil:

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”