Umm Storage or something

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Evika
Sojourner

Umm Storage or something

Postby Evika » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:51 pm

Ok, some times you have to wait a coupla days fer some player yer buying really nice eq or something from. Even trading eq or junk with yer smiting mates - eh? They never show on time. *tick tick*

So I would like to see "escrow" storage.

Storage store <item> <claimants name> <amount> <shared password>

That way you can store items for sale, email or mmail a password and the person can claim. OR do so without the amount parameter and just store gear in a common storage area with a shared password.

Storage <claim> <amount> <shared password>

to retrieve the coinage!

Viola!

Evika
Waelos
Sojourner

Great idea

Postby Waelos » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:47 pm

Yes! great idea! =)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:55 pm

omg
storage store <guildname> <shared password>

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:10 pm

ooh guild shared storage, now thats a nice idea
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:14 pm

We can keep wishing for guild storage, right? Make us pay for it!!!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:33 pm

8)

A great idea!
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:23 pm

:idea:
Well.... why not create a storage char and just give every guildie his password so they can access his storage?

*peer*
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:26 pm

Help Rules wrote:Players belonging to associations and found to be sharing a character will
be SEVERELY dealt with with NO margin for error.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:41 pm

< P: std > You petition 'hrm... sharing a char is illegal, but is it illegal to give a password to someone to drop something off/pick something up out of storage?'
If you do not get a response, it's because the staff are busy or unavailable.

Shar responds to your petition with 'Nope, both are against the rules. Passwords are private. Best to keep them to yourself.'

Consider me incorrect :oops:
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:41 pm

Kia already nixed the idea on shared storage, stating that it would be the same as sharing a character, thus multi.
Evika
Sojourner

Postby Evika » Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:08 pm

Not being a member of a guild I was not really thinking of "shared" storage like many of the guild players have mentioned.

I was thinking more of "temporary" storage like train terminal storage where there are 2 keys and you use it for a short period of time. For use in trading/selling eq. Putting lost eq in public storage or even putting "borrowed" items storage so others can get to them with out giving up the password to you personal player storage. I have been holding 2 pieces of eq I sold to ppl for about 2 weeks because I just cant get on the same time as the buyer's. Would also work for those ppl that miss the CR when they get spanked and some Barbie Warrior has to haul thier EQ to storage character till they happen to meet up again.

I would like to see something where you had access to a "temp" storage command where you could set a plat price and password. The storage would be open to anyone that paid the plat and held the password. Once those conditions were met and the contents claimed. The storage would be deleted.

With that said, I think guild storage is also a good idea. Technically I guess it could be multi-playing some how. But good grief ppl switch eq all the time anyway with little trouble or impunity. might as well embrace it.

Thanks

Evika
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:00 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Kia already nixed the idea on shared storage, stating that it would be the same as sharing a character, thus multi.

that's b/c in order to access another person's storage you need their login password. If we made storage passwords separate from login passwords would it be O.K?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:31 pm

Dalar wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Kia already nixed the idea on shared storage, stating that it would be the same as sharing a character, thus multi.

that's b/c in order to access another person's storage you need their login password. If we made storage passwords separate from login passwords would it be O.K?

No, I asked very specifically on the BBS if we could roll a storage char purely for the sake of having a guild storage available which guild members could access. The answer was "no."

Malacar said something about you guys doing it anyway and just not saying anything about it, I think.
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:42 pm

perhaps this would be a good time for a staff member to allow an 'odd named' character to be created with their approval only..

i.e. elders could create 1 character called Eldersmule or something. This name would NEVER be approved by normal standards...but would allow the staff to easily track if it ever moved out of an inn or was doing shouts or anything..

perhaps even make the character with 0 moves, and perm silenced...so that once the staff member teleports the character to an inn, it can not move or talk...

I don't see where this could be a huge burden for the staff except for approving 1 name manually...and 1 character move to an inn....and 1 character setbit to silenced...per guild...and there are what...maybe 10 guilds...

anyways just rambling..
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:06 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Malacar said something about you guys doing it anyway and just not saying anything about it, I think.

ROFLMAO Ashiwi is trying to get us in trouble again!

Malacar said no such thing. Even if he did, he was lying, cuz we arent, although i think we should be able to, at least till guildhalls come in *poke*.

I dont see why sharing a storage area would be multi considering you have to be in the inn to access it, doesnt really leave alot of room for abuse. At least a storage area that everyone could deposit into, even if only the leader/officers could remove from, just so one person didnt have to carry around all the guild items all the time.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:55 pm

thanuk wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Malacar said something about you guys doing it anyway and just not saying anything about it, I think.

ROFLMAO Ashiwi is trying to get us in trouble again!

Darnit Thanuk, if I polish my halo anymore it's gonna crumble.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:37 am

Patience, guild storage is coming - eventually. :)

As for the "escrow storage"...interesting idea, I'll have to give it some more thought.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:59 am

Ashiwi wrote:
Dalar wrote:

No, I asked very specifically on the BBS if we could roll a storage char purely for the sake of having a guild storage available which guild members could access. The answer was "no."

Malacar said something about you guys doing it anyway and just not saying anything about it, I think.

uh i said make the storage access password different from the login password of the character. i don't mean players doing it, i mean CODERS doing it.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”