Change to hitall

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Change to hitall

Postby Eilorn » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:42 am

How about changing hitall from an inter-round skill, as bash/kick/shieldpunch/etc. are, to a main round replacement? When you do a hitall, it will take all the hits you'd normally get in that round and try to hit that many mobs. Perhaps up the number a bit, reducing the damage, by making the attacks slashing type attacks that could hit more than one mob. Remove the stun entirely, but, only allow it every other round, so that you could use other skills, between rounds.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

why all that business?

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:24 am

Why not just reduce lag on it, by at least half? And why not UP the damage (the attacks are a little more vicious than normal, what with the extra effort put into the maneuver.)
Seriously. Why not?
A. Hitall is TOTALLY USELESS
1.You cant use it ever in zones, unless you want to stop rescuing or stop bashing or perhaps stop shieldpunching, the 3 things warriors do pretty much ALL the time.
2.It has no special usefullness. Maybe a chance to temporarily blind some of the mobs. Im sure the casters are working on that. Or a chance to clear some annoying REAL low level mobs...once again, area effect casters!
B. Warrior melee does NO relative damage anyways.
1. Just try and compare me to an invoker, damage wise. Sure.

So considering its a wank skill used to garnish a few extra laughs when standing in the slave pits, why not make it a little more fun for us warriors who WONT be using it in zones anyways.

P.S. I think this is the third time im asking this.
Why does HITALL lag me as much as SEARCH? Its an active battle skill which depends on my most advanced skills anyways. I thought i was pretty good with swinging a sword.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:35 pm

No matter what you do, your never gonna make hitall an effective or useful skill. So there's no real point in tweaking it, because its a waste of time that could be spent on things that might actually matter.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:56 pm

Possibly one of the best suggestions I saw was to make the warrior skills have a timer before successive use, rather than a lag preventing all commands.

Of course, then you'd get truly sick combos like bash, headbutt, sp in succession, all while the target is parked on its ass from the first bash. *shiver* Maybe it's not such a good idea at that :P
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:24 pm

thanuk wrote:No matter what you do, your never gonna make hitall an effective or useful skill. So there's no real point in tweaking it, because its a waste of time that could be spent on things that might actually matter.

A comment like that is just biased and clearly untrue. Wouldn't you use hitall if it had 0 lag? What if it had 0 lag and gave increased chance of proc or critical? How can you make such a blanket statement?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:44 pm

moritheil wrote:
thanuk wrote:No matter what you do, your never gonna make hitall an effective or useful skill. So there's no real point in tweaking it, because its a waste of time that could be spent on things that might actually matter.

A comment like that is just biased and clearly untrue. Wouldn't you use hitall if it had 0 lag? What if it had 0 lag and gave increased chance of proc or critical? How can you make such a blanket statement?

Because all skills have lag. Casters have their lag before the effect occurs, i.e. the time spent casting. Melee get their skill effects immediately, and suffer the lag after. If you put 0 lag on hitall it would crash the mud because we would all hitall 800 times a round, this is not in the realm of pheasability, and thus has no reason to be considered.

If you want to put hitall in with 0 lag i will gladly abuse it until it gets changed. I have some respect for the intelligence of the immortals, so i know this won't happen. Anything short of this still renders hitall useless. 35 damage to every mob in the room every other round still amounts to nothing at highlevel, and highlevel is the only time at which you will have enough mastery of hitall to use the skill effectively. So i stand by my earlier statement that there is nothing you could do to change hitall to make it useful or effective, but that is only in the world of pheasability, a world that you obviously dont visit often, mori.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:10 pm

bah, ok even if you had hitall as a timer and no lag, what does it accomplish. You get to type in a word every 2 or 3 rounds and do a little bit more damage. If mindlessly typing the same word every 2 or 3 rounds sounds interesting then you got bigger problems then an unbalanced class...

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:34 am

Corth wrote:bah, ok even if you had hitall as a timer and no lag, what does it accomplish. You get to type in a word every 2 or 3 rounds and do a little bit more damage. If mindlessly typing the same word every 2 or 3 rounds sounds interesting then you got bigger problems then an unbalanced class...

Corth

Playing a warrior is not for the faint of heart! The skills of a prime warrior include obessive attatchment to shiny objects! Love of big, sharp wavy things! A passion for crunching death and mindless repetition! Join the warrior core today, It's not for everyone! It's not for the squeamish! The few! The proud! the easily entertained!

It's not for everyone.

-Lorgan
Sep
Sojourner

Warriors

Postby Sep » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:59 am

How about having a tiredness factor for warriors. For example when you are fully fresh you have a 1000 TP (tiredness points). You can use these points to determine how much effort you put into your skills. For example you type 'kick 100' kicking the mob a little and also reducoing your overall TP's, if you type 'kick 1000' you do massive damge, but you cant do anything else till you TP's come back on line. Wouldnt that be cool?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:57 am

Just misspell the command, like type HTIALL every few rounds and use a Zmud #echo command to say something like "You step up in all your sexiness and brutally smash every mob in the room!"

The effect on gameplay would be identical to making hitall a 2-round command: It would have no effect whatsoever, but you'd feel good for having it.

I actually did this with kick waaaaay back in the day. Aliased KCIK to "#echo You send the mob tumbling across the floor with your fearsome kick!" and it made me feel just as good as I felt those 1% of the times I landed a real kick.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:46 pm

I'd like to see movement points have an effect in combat... so special moves like hitall suck down a chunk of moves depending on the number of mobs in the room. When you have higher moves, lag is minimal, and when moves get low lag increases or you get a message that you are too tired etc.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:30 pm

8)

So Ragorn's solution is to delude one's self. I bet he enjoys living in his fantastic castle in the world of Sugarcookies, where he drives a mystical Ferrari that can fly in the air.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:58 pm

I also have a magic bird that feeds me golden grapes.

And if you think doing a hitall for 35 damage every two rounds has a tangible effect on combat, I submit that I am not the only one who is deluded :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”