Massive obscene change

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

Massive obscene change

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:27 pm

Remove stoneskin; turn dscale into stoneskin as it is now. Move displace up to 9th circle or so as well.

Adjust warrior hps so they can reach 4k. (They'll need it to survive long enough for a heal to hit.)

Flame on!
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Heh, Mori..

Warriors used to tank just fine with only stone and their current hps. They're skills were lowered (and the zones made more difficult) over the years as the buffs were made stronger. Even when elementals were en vogue for a while warrior were still doing quite a bit of tanking. A 9th circle displace in addition to stone would be an improvement over what they used to have. And hey, maybe the casters would actually have to be on the ball. I like your idea.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:08 pm

In agreement, but not with the hps...
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:20 pm

What is this going to accomplish except making enchanters even harder to level up?
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Bipple
Sojourner

Re: Massive obscene change

Postby Bipple » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:52 pm

moritheil wrote:Remove stoneskin; turn dscale into stoneskin as it is now. Move displace up to 9th circle or so as well.

Adjust warrior hps so they can reach 4k. (They'll need it to survive long enough for a heal to hit.)

Flame on!

Umm wouldn't it be simpler to just remove dragonscales, essentially that's what your suggesting. Although I assume the purpose of remove stoneskin was so that Shaman and Mentalists lose the spell entirely.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:06 am

yank my dscales and watch me reroll faster than a goat with 'gormal in town' on his pager.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:03 pm

Daz wrote:yank my dscales and watch me reroll faster than a goat with 'gormal in town' on his pager.

Hurry, hurry, remove dragonscales before he changes his mind!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:13 pm

thanuk wrote:What is this going to accomplish except making enchanters even harder to level up?

If stone and displace were gone except at high levels, they'd have to bring warrior skills back up to a level where they could actually tank without those spells. Isn't that what you want? ;)

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:43 pm

Yeah, that would probably do the trick. Probably would be sufficient to leave stone where it is though. Making displace weaker and removing dragonscales would go a long way towards allowing the immorts to make tanking skills more useful. It would definately render enchanters useless. See, another problem caused by splitting up the sorceror class... :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:25 pm

sorcs should have been left alone.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Iuz

Heh

Postby Iuz » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:22 pm

Someone group with Mori -- he has WAY too much time to think about things.

*grin*
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:25 pm

Scales are overrated.
Fripple
Sojourner

Postby Fripple » Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:34 pm

I agree with Hyldryn.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:31 am

thanuk wrote:What is this going to accomplish except making enchanters even harder to level up?

Or shaman
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:45 pm

Gerad wrote:

Or shaman

If the stoneskin spell is what makes or breaks you as a shaman, you should consider a different class.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:36 am

Mmm. Well, alternately, you could keep the stoneskin spell in and just have it be a different kind of utility. For example, instead of acting to absorb hits/damage it could act as some kind of improved armor spell, the way barkskin does.

Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:55 am

Probably going to get flamed for this...

Dragons as I would remember had high resistance to magic and what not no? So keep stoneskin as it is, and why not make Dragonscales help with the saves. It wouldn't take away from GRP, but complement the cleric, since it could reduce the damage you would take from area spells, breath, etc. Hence the magic resistence from being like a dragon. Oh if the spell already does do this... then nevermind my errant post.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:03 pm

Emarin wrote:Probably going to get flamed for this...

Dragons as I would remember had high resistance to magic and what not no? So keep stoneskin as it is, and why not make Dragonscales help with the saves. It wouldn't take away from GRP, but complement the cleric, since it could reduce the damage you would take from area spells, breath, etc. Hence the magic resistence from being like a dragon. Oh if the spell already does do this... then nevermind my errant post.

I like the idea, but i think acestral shield protects against areas/breath but in a different way...think it absorbs damage rather than gives you more saves. If this was imp'd i would push for it only being helpful against dragon breath and not areas also.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:37 pm

I like the idea, but i think acestral shield protects against areas/breath but in a different way...think it absorbs damage rather than gives you more saves. If this was imp'd i would push for it only being helpful against dragon breath and not areas also.

help ancestral shield
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Heh

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:28 pm

Iuz wrote:Someone group with Mori -- he has WAY too much time to think about things.

*grin*

w00t, imm reply!

Now we wait for a topical one... =/

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”