Big, fat warrior Idea cuz I'm bored!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Burpie
Sojourner

Big, fat warrior Idea cuz I'm bored!

Postby Burpie » Mon Feb 24, 2003 11:57 am

I'd like to see specialized warriors say at like level 40. You could chose to be (old school) mercenary where you wrestle, like in another post about warriors: Clothesline, suplex, piledriver (if a couple warriors try or whatnot) Would add a lot of fun if nothing else. Hell, even have races have specific types of additional skills. Ogres would really have an easy time with say, 'Toss' skill. If you fight a human mob, who's to say that the ogre just doesn't pick up that smelly little dwarf and throw his ass in the next room? Kinda like super bash...of course mob's class/level would matter. It's just really redundant to play warrior when save for headbutt, nothing changes after what, 20th level?

1. Specialize defense. Makes warrior do 50% damage but is innately resistant to slashing/piercing, whatever...

2. Specialize offense. Kinda super ogre since ogres can't tank. (yeah any race could do it but ogres are the only true joke for tanks.) Offense being berzerky! That was a fun skill in the days of menzo.sojourn.

3. Maybe bring back monks. This way you wouldn't have to rely on eq quite as much.

My main point is, except for the die hard warrior fans, there's quite a few posts lately requesting changes to warriors. I definitely agree. I see Yayaril's reply now. "Play something else." That's not what I'm looking for :P I'm looking for a hopeful change to give reason to play warrior since mages are very versatile. Warriors are not. I'm pretty sure some will say warriors are fun but the only 2 classes that are insanely straightforward are warrior and invoker, imho. I quit playing my invoker, despite level 50. Just gets roasted if unfortunate enough to tank.

I really liked the other idea in a different post to make defense matter. So a 40th level mob warrior doesn't quite do the damage he'd do to a 40th level player rather than a 50th. In other words, say he is does 80%? I know it's kinda like a warrior almost never hits a 'You ARE mad!' mob.

Bah, I'm bored...it's extremely late. Be gentle in flaming :)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:24 pm

8)

Play something else.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:21 pm

Of course. The answer to every idea ever presented, if you don't like the way the class is now, play another :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”