People being bored

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Deltin
Sojourner

People being bored

Postby Deltin » Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:48 pm

After reading the many posts about people getting bored with the mud etc I decied to offer a possible solution.
I have never played an evil race character, however I would be willing to start a brand spank me new character if I could find enough people who also wanted to play. What I would propose is that we meet 1x per week for like 2 hours regardless of boot status, no equiping from another character, all gear must be gotten as a group, no power leveling.
Now the reason for this is when I first started playing I seemed to be playing the same times as an invoker who was about the same level as me, we explored evermeet and got the gear by questing and killing mobs not trading, buying or bidding for alts. This was probably the most fun I had ever had. Suimar and I had a great time logging lots of hours exploring etc. and the same could be done on the evil side or the good side. Just a thought for people who are bored and need ideas.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:11 pm

then what, get bored all over again? the solution to boredom is to get rid of everything you have and start over? but you don't like the ideas of pwipe? thank you, drive through twice.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:36 pm

Nice reply Daz, I think he was asking for people interested in doing what he proposed, not for you to shit on it.

:twisted:
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:38 pm

It actually sounds like fun Deltin.
Lenefir
Sojourner

Postby Lenefir » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:49 pm

He doesn't force anyone to start from scratch, he only asks if someone (that is bored) wants to spend a little time grouping, having fun exploring, questing and killing mobs.
"Being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you; and if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch [...]. When you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all"
--Futurama
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:52 pm

and maybe my point was that we should try and find ways to keep people from getting bored in the first place. but thanks for putting words in my mouth, i rather appreciate it.

keeps on shitting
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm

Ilshadrial wrote:Nice reply Daz, I think he was asking for people interested in doing what he proposed, not for you to shit on it.

:twisted:

Gawd help me, I aggree with Ilshadrial :shock:

Sorry Dazzy, butchya were being a tad unpleasant. :roll:

-LL
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:32 am

Deltin, I think that sounds cool. :)
When poverty comes knocking on your door, love escapes through the window.

-German Proverb-
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:12 am

If its on the weekend, I can put in a couple hours... I have a lvl 1 naked yuan rogue I"d like to play (got some good stats :D )
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:07 am

ok, ive done this several times this wipe already, it gets OLD

when does the solution stop being to quit?
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:15 pm

Daz wrote:ok, ive done this several times this wipe already, it gets OLD

Well you could try:

Holding your own RP events.
Holding your own contests.
Running your own quests.
Writing a zone.

Ask not what Sojourn can do for you, but what can you do for Sojourn.
:roll:

-LL
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:48 pm

Daz wrote:ok, ive done this several times this wipe already, it gets OLD

Deltin wasn't suggesting "that" kind of quitting. What he was suggesting was a group of people who already have fun together embarking on a different kind of adventure within the game.

Incidentally... your solution might be to quit regularly, but there are plenty of people who don't have the general issues of dissatisfaction that you seem to have... or if they do they don't blame the game.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:35 am

set a time...im down for it...i remember when i started it was so much funner...i dont know much about the evil world so this would be great...sign me up (renta meatshield)
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:23 am

I've been wanting to start an ebil or another character in general (preferably ebil:P). So this sounds like great fun to me. Pls give me an mmail or something and tell me what you think. I'll play about any class so I can help fill a role in a group:)
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:21 pm

Daz, the times you made a new char ..you always had eq you could transfer over. Deltin's suggestion to have NADA eq/no trading or nothing ....all from scratch.

I've seen that more then once :P

Oi Deltin, count me in..when do you want to start :):)

/Colje :lol:
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:06 pm

Whelp, I'm not exactly bored with the mud so I guess this doesn't really apply to me per say. But I would like to say that I did do something that did spruce up my fun factor. Sometimes I toss all my 50th level gear on a 20th level char and lead zones with people I don't normally know. (for the most part). I'm not talking exp, but actual zones. Usually ones they've never done before.

I've found this is very fun for me atm. I get to meet all kinds of new and different people I wouldn't normally meet being an evilrace girl. The fact that I have zero zone use spells creates a dependance on the skills of others.

I started doing this not out of boredom, but as a way of thanking those goodrace only players who are especially valued to me as friends. :mrgreen: And a personal desire to want to spend more time with them.

-LL :wink:
muma
Sojourner

agree Deltin

Postby muma » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:21 pm

I can't agree with you more, the best way to not get bored is to give yourself some challenge and not use elite eq. then you have to kind of interact more and work harder as a team. anyways, ooc is also nice hehe.
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:07 pm

Deltin,

I also think this would be pretty fun. I had actually rolled a character where I wasn't going to juice him up with high level gear, or even accept gifts from other players. I was gonna earn what I got gosh darnit! Of course, I wasn't playing here at the beginning of the wipe, so that could be part of my madness =P

Look me up,
Lazus
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:41 pm

think it would be fun to see al the xp groups in DK and east of WD again :)
50 level 1's all naked running to kill small stuff :) but naw i dont want a wipe .. let people just start over if they need to
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:43 pm

think it would be fun to see al the xp groups in DK and east of WD again :)
50 level 1's all naked running to kill small stuff :) but naw i dont want a wipe .. let people just start over if they need to
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:23 am

Ambar wrote:think it would be fun to see al the xp groups in DK and east of WD again :)

nothing like making enemies over a glowing green cap. *pat Dornax and Corth*
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”