custom items

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
golnol
Sojourner

custom items

Postby golnol » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:26 am

Was wondering if it be possible for to intitiate for us to buy custom items. im not saying daggers with custom procs. but items like scabberds and such that hold our weopens or instrumenst or whatever. and have a ansi we pick. kind like going and seeing a blacksmith or leathersmith or something. that would be cool. then i could ditch this eelskin quiver for a dagger holder
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:48 am

just roleplay and you get cool custom items
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: custom items

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:12 pm

golnol wrote:Was wondering if it be possible for to intitiate for us to buy custom items. im not saying daggers with custom procs. but items like scabberds and such that hold our weopens or instrumenst or whatever. and have a ansi we pick. kind like going and seeing a blacksmith or leathersmith or something. that would be cool. then i could ditch this eelskin quiver for a dagger holder

<primary weapon> an enchanted superior softwood halberd of a Frost Giant gate guard (magic) (glowing) (humming)

Not for Sojourn, I think ;)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:48 pm

kinda sounds like restrings that ye want ... and often they are offered in contests or sometimes someone feels generous ..

i'd love an Ambar only item :)

<worn as badge> The badge of the Beloved Matron shaped like a heart

done in ambar ansi of course
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:43 pm

Ambar wrote:i'd love an Ambar only item :)

Does anybody else get the feeling Ambar is really a gummy bear disguised as an ogre?

Standing before you is an ogre of behemoth proportions. Her broken tusks jut through her blubbery lips fiercely, streams of saliva dripping from them to form foul smelling puddles on the ground. Her ragged, scarred flesh is patched with discolored fungal infections, which fill the blank canvas of her gargantuan body between the frightening whorls of her tribal tattooes. Her eyes are bloodshot and glazed, rolling in her head in her battle frenzies as her nostrils flare from the exertion of heaving her bulk across the landscape.

Worn on body: the frilly pink tutu of the gummy queen
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:10 pm

Don't you mean CARE BEARS?

You eat gummy bears!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:43 pm

You don't remember Disney's old cartoon "The Gummy Bears?"
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:53 pm

Daz wrote:just roleplay and you get cool custom items

Roleplay has nothing to do with it :).. you have to either

A: have been in the initial groups for the slugfests that were the crazy invasions where a few unique items popped up,
B: be in the oh so exclusive groups that were involved in the 'ring of soul entrapment' deals, or
C: win contests for restrings. (ie: monty iuz/fightclub)
Hibbidy group-says 'you using fkeys or buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'buttons'
Tsaen group-says 'f1 f2'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:43 pm

Ensis wrote:

B: be in the oh so exclusive groups that were involved in the 'ring of soul entrapment' deals, or

Uhm, i been in most of those groups, and i gotta tell you that not one person has gotten a restring, or anything else as a reward, unless you count prestige. Deshana's the only one who has come close, and her reward was being outcast from Leuithilspar. While some of you might think this is a good thing, i would hardly call it a reward:)

Btw, if u ever wanna get in on a "ring of soul entrapment deal" lemme know. I been trying to invade Griffon's Nest for months now, but nobody wants to come:(
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:48 pm

thanuk wrote:[Btw, if u ever wanna get in on a "ring of soul entrapment deal" lemme know. I been trying to invade Griffon's Nest for months now, but nobody wants to come:(

You obviously haven't hired the right people.
golnol
Sojourner

Postby golnol » Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:49 pm

you know that would be fun thanuk, until the whole town assist and attachs us. but what the hell. lets do it!
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:55 am

Ashiwi wrote:
Ambar wrote:i'd love an Ambar only item :)

Does anybody else get the feeling Ambar is really a gummy bear disguised as an ogre?

Standing before you is an ogre of behemoth proportions. Her broken tusks jut through her blubbery lips fiercely, streams of saliva dripping from them to form foul smelling puddles on the ground. Her ragged, scarred flesh is patched with discolored fungal infections, which fill the blank canvas of her gargantuan body between the frightening whorls of her tribal tattooes. Her eyes are bloodshot and glazed, rolling in her head in her battle frenzies as her nostrils flare from the exertion of heaving her bulk across the landscape.

Worn on body: the frilly pink tutu of the gummy queen

bahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaahhahaha

omg if only you knew Jen irl !!!

- snuggle phatty -
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:56 am

I thought about donating some of ambar's old dresses to clothe the world's poor ... hell one would be eonough for a whole village i think

the tutu's?

They chafe ... nuff said ...

Baik, don't scare these people ... noone needs know I look less Ogre like and more troll like!! *tongue*

Ambar scratches her ass(es) and looks at you blankly.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:14 pm

Long ago I tried to be a part of the 'Ring' RP thing. Since the *deleted explitive* (actually I couldn't decide on just one descriptor) person who it was centered around (still a VERY bad idea to require someone to let others in btw) decided to be an ass about it, and I don't have track/relo/dim etc. I COULDN'T participate.

I'm pretty sure I haven't done a quest thing since then.

I did do the restring badge thing I guess, though that wasn't an RP thing.

And yes Nuk, I will go to GN with you, just for something different.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:01 am

RP is a way for individual people to be rewarded in ways that other players can or will not be compensated. If you want to RP you have to be prepared to

1 - compromise your values and time
2 - kiss ass to the appropriate rear end
3 - bend over and smile when needed

since i am too immature to do most of these things, i was not invited to participate. despite being 'for everyone' quest gods acting to further the story will ignore anyone who is not the specific person they WANT to be a part of the campaign. I tried *ONE* time to do this RP crap, and was shot down and ridiculed for not being part of the crowd.

I'm with Salen, I would accompany anyone on a GN raid, but because it would be fun - NOT - because it is something 'my character' would ever do.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:22 am

My character would do it!!! Kralgar oppresses his people, threatens war in an already unstable environment and disrupts the flow of trade in the region. He obviously needs a good butt-kicking.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:53 am

Hell mulletman, i'll go smite GN. The guards are biased there. They attacked me because of my spirit, yet there are spirits all over GN and they never bother them...
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Feb 28, 2003 4:56 am

Daz wrote:RP is a way for individual people to be rewarded in ways that other players can or will not be compensated. If you want to RP you have to be prepared to

1 - compromise your values and time
2 - kiss ass to the appropriate rear end
3 - bend over and smile when needed

I got a custom badge on halloween and I didnt have to do any of those things...

-g
<I>When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?</I>
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:21 pm

Daz wrote:despite being 'for everyone' quest gods acting to further the story will ignore anyone who is not the specific person they WANT to be a part of the campaign. I tried *ONE* time to do this RP crap, and was shot down and ridiculed for not being part of the crowd.

I've participated in the ring campaign a couple of times, butting myself into the crowd each time. That wasn't the difficult part. The difficult part was trying to stifle my yawns as everybody and their mother tried to talk to the god-controlled characters at the same time and dealing with other PC's who think that only what they are talking to the mob about is important. So I tend to stay out of those situations unless I have nothing better to do now.

I remember back when Birile was in his 30s and WD was invaded by those stormlords, the next day a god-controlled character was walking around WD trying to get anyone and everyone to talk to him but they all ignored him. So after ten minutes I took him aside and was sent on a nice little quest (thanks to all who helped) and got information to further the storyline along as my reward, rather than a piece of eq or some silly ring. It was a big turning point in my mudding life because it brought me into contact with some really cool people (ie. Vermilion Shadow and all its members). I don't think the Imms discriminate in the whole quest thing, I think it's other PC's who want to feel they're elite trying to keep other players from getting involved and trying to kiss Imms' asses to be "chosen" by a ring! But there are others involved in the ring campaign who are more than happy to get new players involved in the quests and not elitist in the least. Prime example is Thanuk.

Good luck!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:04 pm

Yeah i gotta say that by far the worst part of anything involved in the ring quests is standing around idly talking for hours about the 8 million implications on each little word that the god controlled mob spits out. It often takes us 3 times as long to decide what we are going to do then it takes for us to actually do it. I dunno why that is though.

Birile wrote: But there are others involved in the ring campaign who are more than happy to get new players involved in the quests and not elitist in the least. Prime example is Thanuk.

Good luck!

Apparently you missed the memo. The idea is to get all those non-elite players into my group, and drag them off like sheep to the slaughter in GN so they can finally realize how non-l33t they are in comparison to the supreme being that i am. :wink: Shhh dont tell the plebians!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:22 am

Ensis wrote:

C: win contests for restrings. (ie: monty iuz/fightclub)

i won a fight club and got nothing
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:29 pm

I must warn those of you foolish enough to try to invade Griffons Nest. I will not stand for it! The barbarian nation will arise and smite you small elves, dwarves and humans (I leave out the truely small races who are welcome to come for dinner as we always seem to be short on Hors d'ouvers) who feel so superior.

We have long been quite over the abuses to our land and the sensless killing just for the sake of a few trinkets. Do not be heartened by the rogue disguised as a Shaman. it is little wonder the guards saw through the flimsy disguise you wear and smitted you mightly.

I await your coming fools!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:42 am

I got an invite back in the day but couldn't go. No biggie.

Gerad tells you 'You should get a badge: The Flaming Standard of the SpankLord'
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”