INN Spam

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Burpie
Sojourner

INN Spam

Postby Burpie » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:03 am

:!: I'm kinda sick of someone and their alt swapping eq with g all bag wear all one billion times. Noob ranger was made where they had 44 entries of g all.arrow bag, put all arrow 2.bag, etc. The inn is silent. Why do other players have to be spammed by eq swapping since it is just as annoying as shout/tells while you are switching. The whole point is to have zero spam in that room. Oh, and make dk inn have a lightsource pls :)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:25 pm

bah i switch eq in the inn ... sorry but i have to :( it's quick spam tho .. i promise!!!

it is also the only legal place i can switch eq :(

wish i had two equipped priests and 2 equipped mages but i don't

sorry hun :(
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:22 pm

Its silent so you can't cast spells man, if you don't wanna be bothered by spam there are thousands of rooms people don't hang out in all day.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:47 pm

something just occured to me, too ...

why would an ultra hometown be lit?
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:53 pm

Dugmaren wrote:Its silent so you can't cast spells man, if you don't wanna be bothered by spam there are thousands of rooms people don't hang out in all day.

If the reason for it being silent is so you can't cast spells, wouldn't it be just as good to have it be !magic. Last I checked that stops you from casting spells as effectively as silence. I want more spam in inns!
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:15 pm

Can't quivers full of arrows be put into a bag?

:roll:
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:07 pm

would a possible solution be make a silenced room adjacent to the inn so people can suit up?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:39 am

Hmmm, tog shout, tog tells, there's several perfectly good silence rooms around WD. Hmmm, if yer getting spammed by people switching chars while you're switching chars..... seems odd to complain about it. *shrug*
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:39 pm

I'm polite enough to do all that put.all g all crap in a different room. It's silent for spells, just have it where there's no echo at all would be nice, meaning who gives a crap if xxx gets something. Idealy, you'd be in your own cubby like trying clothes on, cut off to the rest of the world. What kinda perve changes in front of everybody in an INN in the wide open?

When I say I dont' like spam, I have all my stuff in the bag already, then give it and have other character wear all somewhere else if it's gonna spam. (duh)
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:40 am

Llaaldara wrote:Can't quivers full of arrows be put into a bag?

It would just mean that player would have had to use g all quiver put all bag or something along those lines instead. There's no quick method to move arrows around (collect only works on arrows that have actually been fired).
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:15 pm

Ask the staff who spends the most time in the inn cleaning out their bags and I know my name will probably come up on the top ten list. As much time as I spend in there sorting and rearranging my storage I've never had a spam problem I couldn't deal with. Compared to the rest of the game the spam from somebody switching characters is nothing... you think it's inconsiderate? Trying to tag a rare while the group's spelling up to keep them from getting it is inconsiderate. Stealing the key to a zone while the group's inside is inconsiderate. Dropping an aggro mob in a low level zone is inconsiderate. Doing a quest like Sauk and walking away without even trying to clean up your mess is inconsiderate. Switching gear on chars in the inn is just a little spam.

Incidentally... didn't Shev or Kia once say there was a way to list the contents of containers in your storage without having to retrieve the container itself? I've tried all sorts of variations on "storage list container" and no luck so far.
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:27 pm

Treladian wrote:
Llaaldara wrote:Can't quivers full of arrows be put into a bag?

It would just mean that player would have had to use g all quiver put all bag or something along those lines instead. There's no quick method to move arrows around (collect only works on arrows that have actually been fired).

indeed it is hard to move arrows around. the only method is to either drop all your arrows and get all.arrow pu all.arrow #.quiver or buy arrow;pu arrow quiver. i know i've spammed the in a coule of times, switching quivers, trying to find the best ones for more arrow storage.

heres a littel bug ive noticed. lets say i am wearing a quiver, and i am carrying 3 more in my inventory, 4 more in a bag.

i type l in quiver, and i see my worn quiver contents. yet i cannot do anything with those contents other than look in to it, or fire them.

i type look 2.quiver and am told that thing doesnt appear to be around, yet look 3.quiver seems to work fine.
boGgle*

could something similar to drink container code be arranged for quivers? ie empty 2.quiver 3.quiver or at a fletcher store type LOAD quiver 100 7 (it gives you either a full quiver of the arrow type, or as many until you run out of cash ) the 100 here is the amount of arrows, and the 7 represents the arrow for sale in store as in the list number.

im just suggesting some cleanup to the mess that arrows make.

ps.. to all those that would care, BC kicks AXE!! :P i'll be back online shortly!!
cheers

kaNenan
stuff.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”