Legions of the Spanked

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

Legions of the Spanked

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:21 pm

I've noticed that necros lack the "hordes of evil" feel they usually have in movies, adventures, etc.

To rectify this somewhat, and give the class some evil grandeur, I propose an additional two spells/skills.

Mass Animate
Necromancer/Lich 5th Circle
This attempts to raise all corpses in the room into the lowest forms of undead. Each successfully raised corpse becomes a skeleton or zombie, at random. Failed corpses disappear.

Extended Control
Necromancer/Lich, 40th level.
Reflexive. Must be quested.

This skill extends the number of simple undead that the necromancer is capable of controlling. It has no bearing on the number of classed undead (ghouls and above). Each time the necromancer attempts to control or animate another undead above what the normal limit is, a skills check is made. A successful check enables the new undead to fall under the necromancer's sway.

Notes on balance: I don't feel that an army of level 10 skeletons will really be more useful than two wraiths and a ghost, at level 50 ;) Thus, it's not imbalancing. It is, however, a lot of fun to have an army of little pets, as any old bard can attest to. It also should cut down a bit on the insane amount of time it takes a necro to solo up to worthwhile pets, by making it less annoying to raise fodder.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:18 pm

Besides if you impliment these spells think of how many death crys Mori can hear at once!

no more is he limited to the number of players online screaming for mercy as their souls are ripped from their bodies..

he can now kill HUNDREDS of skeletons and zombies too!

heck if he takes 15 necros...all with 10 skeletons that's 165 death crys he can get from a battle!

Just think of the Mori-Glory!
Asup
Sojourner

Postby Asup » Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:45 am

No worse then squids mass dominating the slave pins and making like 20 runs by the ftn.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:54 am

I'm gonna give you the same response I got for any of my necro suggestions and the same response I'll give to any necro responses in the future because it's funny: That would make necros too powerful. There is a general feeling that necros are so powerful that any slight upgrade would make them super human. An example of this would be a transportation spell that works outside of zones. I mean, you could easily make it level ten and so your pets couldn't travel with you because for some reason that makes you too powerful too. In any case, get used to hearing this response because necros are amazingly overpowered, or at least that's what ppl will say. I'm not bitching because I like my necro and do well with him, but because they're not all that awesome to where certain spells could be added without making them godlike.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:29 pm

Myre wrote:Besides if you impliment these spells think of how many death crys Mori can hear at once!

no more is he limited to the number of players online screaming for mercy as their souls are ripped from their bodies..

he can now kill HUNDREDS of skeletons and zombies too!

That's the spirit! ;)

old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Apr 14, 2003 4:30 pm

I haven't played with this at all but isn't this what command Horde is all about?

Just need to find a room full of undead (hrm wonder where that would be...)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:57 pm

old depok wrote:I haven't played with this at all but isn't this what command Horde is all about?

Just need to find a room full of undead (hrm wonder where that would be...)

Well, ok. There are a few problems with command horde, however.

1) it seems to have a really low chance of working.
2) it seems to agro a lot of stuff.
3) you have to happen to be in an area where a lot of lowlevel caster mobs run around animating a lot of freshly made corpses. Anything missing from that equation will result in your inability to command, or else the absence of anything to command.

I actually recall someone fairly highlevel getting killed once due to attempting a command ;)

Oh, and the number one problem with it:
The number of undead you can control is still really low. Even though they're wussy undead, the diet cola of undead.

oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:57 pm

Mori you should experiment with command horde more. It efect is not limited to undead animated from corpses but alos mobs flagged as such. i remember Ythera animating failry decent number of undead fishes from cc and i will able to get quite alot of skeleteons from wd's city of dead (not thet they were useful but sure were fun to play with)
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:44 am

8)

A level 26+ necromancer with command horde can easily solo the mace of disruption.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”