new spell: conjure elemental lords

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
irta
Sojourner

new spell: conjure elemental lords

Postby irta » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:03 pm

As far as pets go, elementalists are underpowered. Therefore, I suggest a new 10th circle spell:

Conjure Elemental Lord
Same number of hit points as regular ellies but spellcasters.

Irta
Birile
Sojourner

Re: new spell: conjure elemental lords

Postby Birile » Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:24 pm

irta wrote:As far as pets go, elementalists are underpowered. Therefore, I suggest a new 10th circle spell:

Conjure Elemental Lord

Irta

Kind of a cool idea. But as far as elementals being underpowered compared to necro/shaman pets (I'm assuming you're not comparing 'em to shades ;) ) if they ARE less powerful (I don't know if they really are, my elementalist is only lvl 21, my necro is only lvl 24 and my shaman is only lvl 11 so I haven't been able to compare all that much) it may be because elementalists have better support spells than a necro/shaman (who both have their pluses), but that's just a guess. :)
Davester
Sojourner

Postby Davester » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:17 pm

Hey while you're at it, why don't you lift the "3 pets max" per 3.5 hour "game week" that shaman are throttled by...

Elementalists are already overpowered, they don't need necropets in addition to everything else...
Vlorm - Iron Chef, Barbarian
old depok
Sojourner

Re: new spell: conjure elemental lords

Postby old depok » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:19 pm

Birile wrote:
irta wrote:As far as pets go, elementalists are underpowered. Therefore, I suggest a new 10th circle spell:

Conjure Elemental Lord

Irta

Kind of a cool idea. But as far as elementals being underpowered compared to necro/shaman pets (I'm assuming you're not comparing 'em to shades ;) ) if they ARE less powerful (I don't know if they really are, my elementalist is only lvl 21, my necro is only lvl 24 and my shaman is only lvl 11 so I haven't been able to compare all that much) it may be because elementalists have better support spells than a necro/shaman (who both have their pluses), but that's just a guess. :)

Probably more to do with the fact that there is no summon limit to elementals and you don't have to bother killing anything to get them.

Just a guess though.

Depok
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:30 pm

Hey while you're at it, why don't you lift the "3 pets max" per 3.5 hour "game week" that shaman are throttled by...

Elementalists are already overpowered, they don't need necropets in addition to everything else...

Actually, we do. Elementalists have their pluses, don't get me wrong, but we are decidely behind in the pet department. I'd be willing to accept adding a summon limit and/or requiring the gathering of raw materials, but gimme spell-casting elemental lords.

Irta
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:32 pm

If Elementalists are already very powerful then they don't really need more powerful pets, no matter how much people might consider them "behind." If you want the power of your pets upped, be prepared to lose out somewhere else. Casting pets? Care to say goodbye to reloc/gate?
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:44 pm

I'll give up my casting pet to get relo/gate...

Depok says "Cifle we have to say good bye to you now"

Cifle disappears in a flash of light

You learn a new spell Relocate

You learn a new spell Gate

And the minstrels rejoice!
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:47 pm

It wouldn't be a bad idea if they sucked as tanks, but casting pets that could tank stuff would be over the top. They would have to be made to cast spells <7th circle as well, pets with embodiment wouldn't be cool.

-Llan
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:49 pm

Zen wrote:It wouldn't be a bad idea if they sucked as tanks, but casting pets that could tank stuff would be over the top. They would have to be made to cast spells <7th circle as well, pets with embodiment wouldn't be cool.

-Llan

I think I could support elementalists getting casting pets if the elementalists could only cast spells in circles below 7th.

Good trade off.

Well thought out.

*Snicker*
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:26 pm

Back! Back I say! Foul monster!

:P
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:18 am

8)

What the hell is an elemental lord?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:46 am

Heh, as cool as it would be for elementalists, it's not going to ever happen until summoning elementals becomes the elementalists "one trick". But, as the case is now, elementalists have uber spells such as PWB, feeblemind, embody...tack this on to stone/haste/summon elemental (which has no limit) and you have yourself the best solo class in the game. Giving them a pet which can also cast spells would be rediculously overpowered.

If the gods would ever imp this, i would expect you guys to lose pwb, embody would be downgraded and you would no longer be able to heal yourself with it, stone duration/usefulness would be lowered, feeb would become harder to land, etc...
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:47 am

Oh, and Pok, you know you would never ever trade me for gate/relo...you would cry yourself to sleep every night i wasn't there.
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:34 am

Elementalists are already overpowered. They should be downgraded if anything. They have no reason for relocate or PWB, and lose globe too. There is no reason at all to give them spellcasting mobs. If you want spellcasting mobs, play necro then, that's why they are there.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:59 am

Damn, and ppl used to ask me why I was wasting my time playing a useless class when I was lvling my elementalist. Times sure change!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:11 am

wow, evercrack losened its hold on you long enough to afk a bit and post on the bbs...come back to us wuss!
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:34 pm

Kifle wrote:Oh, and Pok, you know you would never ever trade me for gate/relo...you would cry yourself to sleep every night i wasn't there.

One thing is for sure, zoning would be much more boring with Cifle not around. I have so much fun trying to duck the feedback roulette that we play in zones I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:54 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

Think superpowered elemental, like a prince. :roll:

So the next time you fight Imix, you can just summon in Yan-c-bin and the group can place bets and afk while the two of them go toe to toe.

=)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 18, 2003 11:12 pm

old depok wrote:One thing is for sure, zoning would be much more boring with Cifle not around. I have so much fun trying to duck the feedback roulette that we play in zones I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

8)

I don't even know why shaman area nukes have feedback; it's not like they do any damage.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:31 am

moritheil wrote:

Think superpowered elemental, like a prince. :roll:

So the next time you fight Imix, you can just summon in Yan-c-bin and the group can place bets and afk while the two of them go toe to toe.

=)

Better yet, how about this guy!

Crystalle appears as a crystalline giant of 22 feet tall, wielding a great scepter made from rare gemstones. He is surrounded by a veritable cloud of ioun stones at all times, and has access to rare types of ioun stones not known on the Material plane. Some of these are tributes from those seeking to gain favor, while others were mined by his elementals. Rumors suggest that he has a private domain that contains thousands of these stones.

So you could just summon him, order him rem all drop all, then not bother with the zone! :D

p.s. Olhydra would be more useful than Yan-c-Bin vs Imix ;)
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:27 pm

Yayaril wrote:
old depok wrote:One thing is for sure, zoning would be much more boring with Cifle not around. I have so much fun trying to duck the feedback roulette that we play in zones I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

8)

I don't even know why shaman area nukes have feedback; it's not like they do any damage.

You're right. The single biggest problem I see with new shaman is that they forget that they are there to HEAL. We bring Nukers to nuke. You don't see the Invokers trying to heal do you?

Snicker.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:43 pm

Kifle wrote:If the gods would ever imp this, i would expect you guys to lose pwb, embody would be downgraded and you would no longer be able to heal yourself with it, stone duration/usefulness would be lowered, feeb would become harder to land, etc...

Oh now yer just being silly Kifle :) In order for shams to get more spirits, they should lose gheal, half the damage of spirit wrack, and remove blind...ah what the hell..go ahead and take away stone and heal also...just for good measure...:P

Irta, I personally I find mentals just as useful as ghost/wraiths/spectre. Sure, they serve different purposes, but the things an ele can accomplish with 150-560hp renewable pets is amazing. Unless this 'elemental lord' would drastically increase the enjoyment of zoning as an ele, then I give it two thumbs down. The only time an ele is fun to play in a zone is..well..mm..never. On second thought...embodying and warding the tank and afking for 10minutes isn't so bad...:P

Yea-I forgot the point of this thread..I blame a lack of sleep or something.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:06 pm

Maedor wrote:
On second thought...embodying and warding the tank and afking for 10minutes isn't so bad...

If you honestly think all that and have even bothered to look at the spell list for an elementalist, that comment has to be the funniest thing on this BBS.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:41 pm

I'm trying to see your point...but I can't. Unless I'm the chanter, zoning as an ele, to me, is little fun. Note that I did not say that mentalists aren't nice to have in zones...or that their spells suck or anything.

Talk to a few high level mentalists...I hadn't heard about afkzoning until i did :) Once again-all this being said, I enjoy playing my ele more than my lich or voker usually. Although, it's hard to beat a lich in a zone...damn fun zoning class imo.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:54 pm

AFK zoning is a bunch of bullsh*t. Not much else pisses me off more. From the damn bards who pick up my verse while afk and wind up singing friggin' song of renewal through four important fights 'cause they were afk to the ranger who is told to lure mobs with archery but doesn't for five minutes because they're afk to pet classes who don't send/make pets when told by the group leader to any other person who thinks it's okay to afk in a zone... it's just a bunch of bull and oftentimes causes at least one unnecessary death.

Elementalists don't need to be idle for any period of time longer than anyone else in a zone. They have nukes of their own and support spells of their own that they can be casting in fights just like everyone else. If they feel they don't have anything to do as elementalists it's simply because they don't understand the potential of the class.

If I offended anyone with this post then it's probably because they think it's cool/feasible/acceptable to afk in-zone (regardless of class) and I hope I steamed them just as much as they steam me. 'Nuff sed.

Edit: this post in no way applies to people who have to AFK for emergencies or what not and who plainly let everyone know they're AFK (no explanation required in emergencies, duh). Just to the wankers who go AFK without advertising. Thank you.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu May 01, 2003 3:28 am

8)

I like to boot folks who don't respond in a timely fashion from my groups.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu May 01, 2003 4:40 pm

How about we let warriors summon level 50 clerics instead? Seems fair.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri May 02, 2003 12:48 am

8)

All the other warriors should just go to Thanuk and learn about his unique ability to breathe a 50' cone of mindnumbing nonsense.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Fri May 02, 2003 5:01 am

Maedor wrote:
I'm trying to see your point...but I can't. Unless I'm the chanter, zoning as an ele, to me, is little fun. Note that I did not say that mentalists aren't nice to have in zones...or that their spells suck or anything.

Talk to a few high level mentalists...I hadn't heard about afkzoning until i did Once again-all this being said, I enjoy playing my ele more than my lich or voker usually. Although, it's hard to beat a lich in a zone...damn fun zoning class imo.

If that's the case, I suggest they learn how to play their class. AFK in zoning without a warning or without emergency is not cool, nor fun, nor l33t. It's just pansyass and lame and you should've said no to zoning in the first place if you are too lazy to do your job.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri May 02, 2003 5:02 pm

All the other warriors should just go to Thanuk and learn about his unique ability to breathe a 50' cone of mindnumbing nonsense.

But if i taught them all how to do it, it wouldn't be very unique, now would it!?!

Back in your cage!
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Sat May 17, 2003 1:15 am

:D

All this talk of mentalmen in zones...

i was under the impression that by the time those playing this class were BIG enuff to zone, they'd be so throroughly sick of soloing shit (*cough* my f@&$kin ferns *cough*), that they'd leap at the chance to cast di, ray and other such wonders... elebodi kicks ass too.... dunno about the afk deal tho... we don't hold with them peoples round 'ere :P

offhand... i see my character progression as follows..

1. Enchanter - Cultivated bad temper, learnt to hate any phrase in zone ending with "- the party plz losh", developed RSI.

rolled anti..

2. Antipaladin - Wielded nastyass sword, set some trigs, put on 5 kilos and 40 some levels..

rolled mentalist..

3. Elementalist - .................................. still waiting for stoneskin and haste.

so...excitement plus thusfar..but i look forward to doin something cool around level 41 or so...

cheers.

Locky.
picnic basket
Sojourner

Veto!

Postby picnic basket » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:32 am

Elementalists already can heal with the way Embodiment is, Why do they need more? I wish I could heal with my Arcane spellcaster.
Ashod
Sojourner

Elementalist underpowered..

Postby Ashod » Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:59 am

That is the funniest post i have seen in a while...

Elementalist are one of the most powerful classes in the game...

If anything needs some help it is Clerics,Rangers..

Invokers are very powerful for sure... but don't hold a
breath to a elementalist.. and you want a upgrade..
come on get real.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”