Drow warriors

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
cichlids
Sojourner

Drow warriors

Postby cichlids » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:40 am

Im like 100% sure someones brought this up before, but being kinda new, have to ask.

Ever considered giving drow warriors some kind of dual wield benefit?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:55 am

8)

Are drow well known for their warriors being dual wielders? It would be interesting for each race of warrior to have its own minor talents reflected skillwise. For instance: gnomes, halflings and elves could be better at dodging, barbarians would have higher offensive skill, dwarves would get a bonus to, umm, drinking? Who knows! I don't know that much about drow, except that I'm annoyed by super drow fanboys/fangirls. Heck, I'm annoyed by elf fanboys/fangirls in general.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:59 pm

A lot of drow in FR literature use two weapon fighting because it's favored at Melee-Megarth in Menzoberranzen. Drow on the mud aren't coming out of Menzoberranzen, they're being trained at DK. Likewise, Drow from other major UD cities may have other styles favored. I'm fairly sure that drow in the Monster Manual are statted with spiked shields and not more traditional offhand weapons.

That said, to my knowledge, there's no way to set something in one class different for a race without essentially replicating the class each time you need an alteration.
Covar
Sojourner

Postby Covar » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:49 pm

Easy just put the dual wield skill in the dexterity or the agility instead of stregth.
Then make ppl with high agility have insane amount of attack per round.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:03 pm

Yayaril wrote:8)

Are drow well known for their warriors being dual wielders? It would be interesting for each race of warrior to have its own minor talents reflected skillwise. For instance: gnomes, halflings and elves could be better at dodging, barbarians would have higher offensive skill, dwarves would get a bonus to, umm, drinking? Who knows! I don't know that much about drow, except that I'm annoyed by super drow fanboys/fangirls. Heck, I'm annoyed by elf fanboys/fangirls in general.

Gmomes, halflings and elves are already better at dodging. And barbarians already have a better offense skill.

But what you might mean is to increase the effect of atttributes on these skills?
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:05 pm

Races with above human dexterity already get an occasional additional attack per round.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:00 pm

Yayaril wrote:Heck, I'm annoyed by elf fanboys/fangirls in general.

Don't listen to Yaya. Elves fill all his fantasies, but he can't have them and that makes him bitter.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:28 pm

most drow in general prefer to dual than 1h w shield.if each race would get its own specialization i would like to see as thus

drow: dual wield to 100

ogre: get 2h bludgeon bonus

troll: already have rehn NEXT!

dooger: axe bonus (of any kind) extra bonus to 2h axe

dwarf: see above + to combat if drunk

barb: cleave as a skill

yuan-ti: wrap (disables 1 target for x number of rounds) if successful that is

human: knee shot kinda like ham string warrior throws himself and shield into the enemys legs attempting t break them and bashing them at same time

gnome: headbutt groin? nose swipe? shin kick? ankle bite...dunno there already !bash

halfling: get hamstring nuff said

elf: archery to like 60 or so

halfelf i think should get warrior period

and illithid dont even need a warrior

i think theese changes would be great..sorry for jackin the thread for other things but any way have a nice day
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:21 pm

I think this works better

Drow dual-weld to 100
This combined with high agi makes them a shoe-in for construction work when they realize that !hp=!warrior.

Ogre 2hand bludgeon bonus;Self Only
They aren't smart enough to know better, and don't have enough brains that it actually hurts them.

Trolls, Rogaine... nuff said

Dooger Ax bonus
So they can play a mean guitar

Dwarf See above ground
As apposed to Dooger who can't see above ground

Barb, Cleavage
Female barbarians have Weapons of Mass Distraction, and the horror of male barb cleavage is enough to stun any foe.

Yuan-ti: Rap
This skill will allow them to make tons of bank, so they can buy bitches and 40's. With that they can set aside all the fighting and hire ogres as bodyguards.

Human Double shot
This skill allows them to drink the night away and forget that genetics played a cruel trick on them by making them suck at everything they do.

Gnome Stoneform
This skill allows them to hold a lantern or picnic basket up, becoming concrete and thus avoiding detection and damage, except maybe a paint chip every now and then.

Halfling HamSandwich
This option allows halfling warriors to eat something while the real tank gets beat on in a fight.

Elf, Archery
With the lack of any class that would be taken to a zone that can shoot a bow, this skill allows an otherwise worthless class a small perk.

Halfelf, Half something else
The ability here is to claim you are much better than you really are by saying you are half dragon, half werewolf, half demon, half Half-and-Half. While it has no impact on the game, it does give their fragile egos a place to hide.

Illithid Bonus 10hp per level, dual wield, 40%MR
Since no one can spell XXSSSTTRREEVVVKEEQIX3XX0XXIZZZIXXIZZIZZIVVVVVVO, the bonuses make up for the lack of spell-up.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”