Gauntlets

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Nanes
Sojourner

Gauntlets

Postby Nanes » Thu May 01, 2003 1:36 am

One thing I hate doing is fumbling my weapon. It seems like it happens way to much at times. A nice set of locking gauntlets would be sweet. A decent AC to them and they add a plus to damage and hit (or at least a plus to hit roll).
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu May 01, 2003 3:24 am

8)

You can curse your weapon, too. That makes it undroppable.
Nanes
Sojourner

Curse

Postby Nanes » Thu May 01, 2003 4:10 am

Why get an item cursed when later you may want to switch do a different weapon. Then you would have to go through the trouble of recursing the new item. The finding somebody to take the old item you don't want any more.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Thu May 01, 2003 4:14 am

When you are wielding a cursed weapon you can still switch to a different weapon. You just can't drop the weapon or put it in a bag. The downside to cursing is that you lose 1 to the damage dice. 2d8 -> 2d7
Nanes
Sojourner

Postby Nanes » Thu May 01, 2003 1:15 pm

Having a locking gaunlet you wouldn't have to worry about cursing it. You can switch the weapons in and out at free will. There would be no reduction in damage from bestowing a curse on and you don't have to worry about not being able to drop the item or putting it into a bag or your storage.
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu May 01, 2003 2:42 pm

There are reasons why only some weapons are cursed. Having gaunts like that would be the same as just taking out the fumble code, which isn't gonna happen.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu May 01, 2003 4:45 pm

Gauntlets like that would be very powerful, and would be hard to get(in theory). They would also not have very good stats because they carried such a good feature. By the time you were high enough level to get them, they wouldnt be very useful because you wouldnt be fumbling very much at that level, and there are other items with better stats that you would prefer to wear. So theres really no point.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Thu May 01, 2003 10:44 pm

Oooh, then we could make the Disarm skill ACTUALLY disarm!

A pair of arms lie here, fastened securely to an ebony longsword.

:D
Aznar
Sojourner

Postby Aznar » Thu May 01, 2003 11:16 pm

ROFL Savras

King Arthur disarms the Black Knight.

A pair of arms lie here, fastened securely to an ebony longsword.

King Arthur says, "Now stand aside, worthy adversary."

The Black Knight says, "'Tis but a scartch"

King Arthur says, "A scratch? Your arm's off!"

The Black Knight says, "No, it isn't."

King Arthur says, "Well, whats that, then?"

The Black Knight says, "I've had worse."
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri May 02, 2003 12:46 am

8)

Getting a locking gauntlet sounds like something that'd be easy to do, but I doubt the gods would ever implement it for game dynamic reasons. They just like watching you drop your sword repeatedly, too much.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri May 02, 2003 2:40 pm

This brings up an interesting problem/situation....

I have always been amazed at the ease of which a skilled disarmer can disarm the cursed weapon that you can't even fumble...

I mean, one little skill, and that weapon that has been stuck in your inventory (or hand) is quickly removed and tossed to the floor. I do believe that a cursed weapon should be either !disarm, or at LEAST incredibly difficult to disarm. Just my $.02
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Fri May 02, 2003 4:39 pm

A cursed weapon is kinda stuck to you. I say start a skill that gives whatever class a chance to catch a disarmed or fumbled weapon on it's way down. Like when you knock something over and you try to catch it real quick before it hits the floor. I know that sometimes you just fumble with your weapon that can be considered the same thing, but this would be cooler and primarily based on dex so mainly benefit thieves or wars with high dexterity (which I do not have). Then for cursed item give up the chances of catch the item. I'm sure this will involve adding a catchability factor to all weapons and make my entire suggestion null because it's too much of a pain in the ass and so I've just wasted my time typing this.
That is all.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri May 02, 2003 5:07 pm

Wouldn't it just make alot more sense if cursed weapons fell into your inventory when you got disarmed?
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'

You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'

Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'

You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sat May 03, 2003 1:24 am

thanuk wrote:Wouldn't it just make alot more sense if cursed weapons fell into your inventory when you got disarmed?

DING! DING! Give this man a prize, or a haircut at the very least.... :wink:
Meatshield
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat May 03, 2003 3:15 am

In a world of plane shifting, castable infernos, and resurrection, the concept of locked gauntlets to KEEP YOU FROM DROPPING YOUR FUCKING SWORD EVERY 30 SECONDS is simply too powerful.

Jesus, what has Sojourn come to?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”