Ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Ideas

Postby Elseenas » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:06 am

Very well, the staff has said that they want to hear what we want, so lets make it known. Post them here. These are mainly my suggestions and analysis and are nowhere near complete :-)

My assumptions (shar, if you make that comment about assumptions I am going to throw a math book at you--and if you are lucky I'll choose my PDE textbook and not my Algorithm Design and Analysis textbook :-p

1) I want the MUD to thrive and if players are leaving en masse because they don't like things a certain way, then that thing needs to change.

2) Players, while they do not necessarily know what is best for themselves, do think that they do and do not appreciate being told otherwise.

3) The gods are working hard to make this a better place that will be enjoyed by all and be a huge draw to others.

4) I am assuming that the gods have a rough priority list for changes, somewhere, that they aren't sharing with us because it is rough and prone to fluctuation.

5) I am assuming these other MUDs (which, honestly, I haven't played) have good points and bad points over sojourn.

6) There are certain things which should never be changed because, frankly, "it wouldn't be sojourn without them"

Here are some things that make sojourn3 "not fun" for me personally (some of these are player based, not god based):

1) Lack of players.

2) Elitism by certain players (you know who you are) and outright bigotry in some cases between the goods and the evils (there is fun RP type bigotry, and then there is idiocy).

3) See #1, multiply by several orders of magnitude for evils.

4) The feeling of being separate from the discussion on whether and which features should be implemented when.

5) Not getting clear answers on what to expect, or when.

6) Being left for months without updates on things that we want.

I just returned to the MUD, and most of those are perception based, so they may be off, but I thought that they would make a good starting point.

My proposal to fix these:

*Tell us what you have in mind, keep us apprised of the current situation.

*More players will cover a multitude of sins, lets start recruiting!

*Give us updates, twice a month or so, on the progress of different things. Give us rough percentiles and who is predominantly responsible for it. Dates are not as important as "90% done, D2 is working on it".

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”