Ashod
Sojourner

Garotte

Postby Ashod » Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:18 am

I have been talking to rogues around the realms.. and we would like to
see a garotte wire that procs lock..

locks around the victims neck and disengages us from the target so that
we can target freely.

at the end of combat the garrote would be in the inventory of the vitim.
IE rogue silence! :P

also we can't flee when garotting..

I think if we could escape and flee and get disarmed at the same time
alot of us rogues would be happier..

just a few ideas.
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:11 pm

Is their a command to stop garroting?
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:36 pm

yeah
'garrote stop"
Aldavien
Sojourner

Bug?

Postby Aldavien » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:42 pm

Been messing around with garrote lately since it was changed. Seems to be a bug with targeting on it. If you are fighting 2 mobs, targetting 1st one and then garrote 2nd moby you garrote 2nd mob once then continue attacking the first guard. Typing garrote stop doesn't do anything but when you try to regarrote 2nd mob it says it already has one wire around its neck. Can garrote first mob still also.
Ashod
Sojourner

Garotte

Postby Ashod » Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:26 am

Well just to point somthing out to you rogues..

garotting someone and fighting another mob is quite rediculous.. there is no way that you can have a wire wraped around the neck of a mob and be beating on another.. that is really impossible.. and i am totally against the possiblity.. when you are garotting a mob you shouldn't be able to switch mobs unless you disengage from garotte.

I have seen some things with garotte that are quite wierd..

one if you are fighting multiple mobs.. you are garotting mob 1 and mob 2 rescues mob 1.. you are fighting mob 2 now and garrote is broking.. but when you try to garotte again there is a message that says one wire around a neck is enough... but you don't have a wire around anything because the mob 1 was rescued..

also

if you are fighting mob 1 and try to garrote mob 2.. it shouldn't work like a trip.. you should switch targets and not be engaged with mob 1.. but it seems as if you do.. what happens is you garotte mob 2 it garottes for one round.. then on the next round you are pounding on mob 1 and no garotte is pressent..

also with both of the situations.. if you flee retreat or escape.. you don't seem to disengage. and then when you reengage you still get the message one wire around a neck is enough. this makes no since.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:24 pm

Ack, those rescue/targetting oddities are definitely bugs, I'll look into it. As for a garrote proc, well, we'll see. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:34 pm

Shevarash wrote:Ack, those rescue/targetting oddities are definitely bugs, I'll look into it. As for a garrote proc, well, we'll see. :)

That's the Shevy we know and love.

If you're going to make it proc something, maybe you could make it describe the wire slicing through an already-wounded victim's neck?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Aldavien
Sojourner

More garrote oddities.

Postby Aldavien » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:17 am

Getting the "That's impossible to do while garroting someone!" message while soloing mobs every once in awhile for a whole fight...not typing any commands. Looks almost like im still trying to hit it since it appears 2-3 at a time.

-Telser Teve'ral }-Empiric-{ Shades of Twilight

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”