Remove Paralysis?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
rylan
Sojourner

Remove Paralysis?

Postby rylan » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:11 am

With mobs that like to pris a lot now, can you consider adding a spell for clerics to remove paralysis. Or even better something like 'Divine Purification' at 9th circle that removes major para and most negative spell effects on the target (except special mob procs of course).
Yes I know dispel magic works, but that also nukes all other beneficial spells on the person, including realms.. which can be a bad thing.
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:29 am

excellent idea
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:27 pm

I absolutely love this idea. Rylan, on behalf of clerics everywhere, I'd like to thank you for this proposal. I would love to see the cleric class strengthened in some way, and this is a utility spell that would absolutely rule. Either just Remove Paralysis or the negative spell debuffer (although I suspect that'd be either 9th, or I'm actually leaning more towards 10th circle).

Lazus

Edit: I just thought of this some more, and the divine purification would be a very good spell since at the moment a lot of groups are getting owned by the fact that mobs cast prismatic spray so much. I know I do. Paralyzation, feeblemind (owns me hardcore), poison isn't bad, just annoying, blindness is the same way. One gheal and blindness is taken care of. Prism poison is incredibly weak, maybe negates natural healing, possibly a little more...1 pt of damage per tick.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:07 am

Or... how about having the new bard song (the one for reducing ress affects) act to quicken recovery from paralysis?

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:37 am

I like the idea, very interesting...

Now, assuming this spell were added, how would you feel if cleric mobs casted this spell too?
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:41 am

Shevarash wrote:I like the idea, very interesting...

Now, assuming this spell were added, how would you feel if cleric mobs casted this spell too?

Shevz0r strikes!

That would be cool, as long as they couldn't unparalyze *themselves*.

Hm, actually, this whole thread reminds me of my idea to revamp un/holy word with stun effects.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:42 am

Well para'd mobs can't cast anything, so that's moot :)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:46 pm

Actually Shev I did think about that. maybe groups of mobs would cast this on their friends to unpara them etc.

Or something else interesting would be have this remove feeblemind also... then a pack of mobs could remove feeb on their leader. That might be evil to PCs though ;)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:23 pm

Well...I'm thinking that a divine purification spell would work only on physical ailments - para, blind, poison, venom. Sorcerous enchantments like feeb/ray/fumble/stumble/etc would probably not be affected by this spell.

What do you guys think of that? :)
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:53 pm

Shevarash wrote:Well...I'm thinking that a divine purification spell would work only on physical ailments - para, blind, poison, venom. Sorcerous enchantments like feeb/ray/fumble/stumble/etc would probably not be affected by this spell.

What do you guys think of that? :)

I agree. Although you probably shouldn't be able to cast it while in combat, may make it too powerful.

On a side note, Rylan what are you thinking? Geez now I may have to cast other spells besides vit and fheal sheesh make some extra work for us why don't ya?!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:11 pm

Yeah shev that sounds reasonable. Make it 9th circle, even a litle quest if ya think its powerful to warrant that... I like questy stuff :)

Deltin, I think it would have to be castable in combat to make it useful, since with mobs casting areas we'll get dragged into combat while casting it even if we disengage.

And yeah, more stuff to cast, ya lazy bum! ;)
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:38 am

Hey Shev, any chance of having this spell remove silence person also? Or would that be too powerful? It seems pretty cool so far. Discuss! ;)
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:15 pm

rylan wrote:Hey Shev, any chance of having this spell remove silence person also? Or would that be too powerful? It seems pretty cool so far. Discuss! ;)

A fight like thyrm would be harder if it removed silence. Here players rely on silence to give them a break.

As I see mobs dont benefit a whole lot from the new spell, but they would benefit more than players if silence was added.

br
/Disoputlip

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”