Let's go 3e: quickened spell

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
oteb
Sojourner

Let's go 3e: quickened spell

Postby oteb » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:38 am

idea:

allow casters to mem a quickened version of spell. Meming it one circle higher would reduce casting time by *. To not break a balance (clerics having 2 circles of fheals or vokers having 10 fmissiles) cap the number of repetitions of any spell so it can be memed at the same numer of times as it is now.
IE: now as a voker i have 5 fm slots and 5 fell frosts. i could switch to lets say 5 quickened forcemissiles and mem thunderblasts in 8th cirlce slot. i wouldnt be able to mem 5 fm and 5 quickened fm.
I would so love being able to cast quickened di or dm in place of minor creates. or being able to cast gate quick if i kept it memed in 10th circle slot.
what ya think?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:36 pm

A very interesting idea. It theoretically opens up a whole new dimension of play.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Bilraex
Sojourner

Postby Bilraex » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:04 am

ya so did spell combos, where they be?
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:22 pm

It would be cool to see some other 3rd ed metamagic feats as well, like extend and persistant, allowing enchanters to mem their spells a few circles higher so as to lessen their burden a wee bit, as the spells would last longer.

All those metamagic feats are funky, even maximize and empower, allowing invokers to do even more damage. :)
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”