Regular Sojourn3 Auctions

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Regular Sojourn3 Auctions

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:24 pm

I've been toying with the idea to hold regular auctions for other peoples benefit. Being an auctioneer is really an easy job for myself because of my auction trigger system. (which even has audio and unique ansi on my side of zmud.)

Basically I'd amass items people want to sell, and sell them at an auction for them, giving them their take afterwards.

If I did this regularly, people could sell items at one auction in order to buy something at the next. The answer to the "why should I sell this really nice item for plats when I only want this other item?" dilemma.

There would be a cut off date for submitting an item for an auction of a specific date. Hrmm.. I'll work on some material and then post it so everyone can tell me what they think. Poke any holes or see any forseeable problems I could then try and avoid.

Now this isn't something I'd want to do EVERY weekend. I'm thinking more like Once a month. Last saturday of each month or something.

Does this sound interesting to anyone else?
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:51 pm

Very good idea. I have a few things I would toss in to get people involved.
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:30 am

I would be so into this...
Great idea, and it would be a service to the MUD!
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:53 pm

great idea this would also help me clean out my bags and help with my trading a bit
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:47 am

I'm going to go forward with this idea. I perfected my Auction System the other day and no one has been able to bust it since. The issues it formerly had are no longer valid.

I've also talked the matter over with a couple close friends, and some good points were made.

Here's the Deal
- One auction a month.
- Day will either be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Look for announcements on the BBS. (I'll try to rotate so it hits different people each month.)
- I will collect for one auction at a time only. You have up until 12 hours before the Auction to donate items.
- One item TYPE per auction. If I'm selling someone's nebby, sorry, you'll have to donate yours when I collect for the next Auction. (Unless you use my Auction loophole. Where you can donate a container holding up to five contents, but the container AND contents must be auctioned as ONE item. I don't want people giving me bags filled with junk to Auction. Yes, One container Type per auction as well.)
- The cost to donate any items to be auctioned is 1 ID scroll per item. If you are donating a container, 1 ID scroll for the container and one per item inside. Have your ID scrolls with you when you are ready to donate. (I do not accept plat to buy ID scrolls. I'll most likely ID the items shortly after you give them to me.)
- All item stats will be posted on the Auction announcement section.
- Items will be Auctioned in the Order I list them on the Auction Announcement/List.
- I will log any and all Auctions I run, and this log can be emailed to anyone who desires a copy. I have nothing to hide. (Because of this, I will be togging my tells and guild channel for privacy issues.)
- Any items NOT sold for the minimum bid amount, designated by the donator, will become the immediate property of the Auctioneer - myself. (This is to keep people from setting enormously high min-bids which waist everyone's time.)
- I do not collect on Thursday nights.
- I do not auction cursed items.
- I do not auction quest items that have no relevant stats.
- I reserve the right to refuse Auction service to anyone for any reason, and to change these rules at any time. (Take my word, if I decide to do so it is gonna be for a really good reason.)

-Llaaldara/Sesexe

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”