druid

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Larem
Sojourner

druid

Postby Larem » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:00 am

just a couple thoughts about druids

i believe druids should get some of the basic cleric spells that they don't have, such as remove poison, slow poison and i'm sure there are others that wouldn't overpower the class

i also wouldn't mind seeing the earthmother staff changed from 2h to 1h, i don't see how it would really affect the druid it'self except allow it have another hand for something, since it hasta be held for 1 hour and 12 min before it can be proc'd why not allow it to be 1h and save us druids alil trouble?, besides the proc upon it, the stats are no better than say a smoke invasion orb, the proc it'self isn't very powerful, i guess i'm just saying i'd like to see it 1h instead of 2h :P

creeping doom is a very nice spell, but, when you drag it, it always misses the first wave, liches get rot, and illusionists get tendrils, both can be draged w/o missing a wave, i'm just curious as to why doom does, i wouldn't mind seeing it dragable w/o missing a wave.

sunray is in need of an overhaul in my mind, it rarely ever blinds mobs anymore with the high mr of everything in the mud, and it's only effective to try it indoors or at nighttime......

earthquake is a nature spell, i think druids should excell in the art of knocking people and mobs off thier feet with it since after all, we specialize in nature....

just some of my thoughts
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:43 am

Rot misses the first wave if you drag it.
Larem
Sojourner

Postby Larem » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:58 am

ooh, didn't know that :P but rot is also 4 waves, doom 3
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 03, 2003 12:25 pm

Yeh, sunray is laughable atm... Blinds less mobs than prism, only works in dark and agros all mobs unlike prism. Also unlike any other area spell you have to specify a target which is annoying. Up the blind rate on it, remove the need to specify target? shrug...
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:15 pm

Larem wrote:ooh, didn't know that :P but rot is also 4 waves, doom 3

True, but each wave of rot is seriously smaller than a single wave of doom, so in the end, I'd say that doom comes out on top, especially since it can affect undead foes.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:42 pm

Agreed, i've been thinking alot of the same things about druids. Cure poison/slow poison would be a great start. Earthquake seems to be a sensible addition, and i've not played a druid so i'll keep my other ideas/comments to myself.

Just my .02

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”