Shaman Idea

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Shaman Idea

Postby Hyldryn » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:06 pm

One day at work, during a fit of boredom I read a thread about shamans. It went something like this: "We are only good for gheal!"; "No, there's other stuff you can do"; "Nerf bats hurt if you keep wacking my nuts with 'em"; "Go roll something else, I did". Joy.

So anyway I was still bored so I thought about it. I ended up comparing the similarities warcraft shamans with sojourn shamans. I write my thought process, since I'm as of now still bored.

Let's see war3 shams have healing wards. Soj3 shams have gheal. Thats close enuff. Hrmm, are there more similarities?

War3 shams have sentry ward. Soj3 shams have scry, di, and dm. That's sorta close... kinda. Oh! I know, soj3 shams should get an area di spell. That'll make them fun and useful. Oh, I can see soj3 shams jumping all over this one. Yeah. Whoopie.

Then there's stasis trap. Hmmm... Which brings me to my idea! Yippie!

So it goes like this. A shaman can cast this spell which effects the room the shaman is in. It'll be like 2 minutes or so long in duration, but will fade if the shaman moves from the room, or when triggered. Anyway, it will cause the next mob to enter/dim the room to be stunned for a few seconds before it can do anything, but it does not cause the mob to be aggro the shaman (sorta like the nightmare stun).

I dunno, I think it would be a fun spells for shamans to have. It would help with strategic retreats, backstabbers, and running away. I don''t mind if you guys thinks this is a dumb idea. Post what you think, it'll give my bored ass something to read.
Rihesesassixiz
Sojourner

Postby Rihesesassixiz » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:53 pm

Actually the Witch Doctors are the ones with those spells.

Orc Shamans have Purge (overpowered right now...), Lightning Shield, and Bloodlust.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:36 pm

Oh right. :D

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”