Res effects and other timesinks.

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Dalar
Sojourner

Res effects and other timesinks.

Postby Dalar » Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:56 am

I assume that res effects were added to stop players from ressing mid-fight and going right back into combat. I don't see how unbalanced a 5 minute res effect (with a bard, 2.5 minutes). It would save groups alot of time.

Have spells like vit/globe/haste/stone last longer in duration but have them die faster in combat. So out of combat stone begins at a 10 minute timer but when in combat it goes down 3 seconds in duration for every second. This would help against the constant afk problem.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Res effects and other timesinks.

Postby moritheil » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:55 am

Dalar wrote:I assume that res effects were added to stop players from ressing mid-fight and going right back into combat. I don't see how unbalanced a 5 minute res effect (with a bard, 2.5 minutes). It would save groups alot of time.

Have spells like vit/globe/haste/stone last longer in duration but have them die faster in combat. So out of combat stone begins at a 10 minute timer but when in combat it goes down 3 seconds in duration for every second. This would help against the constant afk problem.

I'm all for the first part, but I don't understand how making things drop faster in combat helps the constant afk problem. Unless you're saying that by making it more imperative that people not be afk in fights, that will convince them to be at the keyboard. . .
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:57 am

Well Morithiel let me try to clarify. Let's say my idea is implemented. The way it would work is this:

Globe would last for 9 minutes in real time. If a player with globe was in combat, its duration would decrease 3 seconds for every 1 second of real time. So let's say i casted globe on you and you went afk for 3 minutes and came back. You would be able to sit there for 6 more minutes until the globe wore off, or fight for 2 minutes and the globe would wear off.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:09 am

I think a 5 minute ress time would be awesome. What if you stayed at like 4 con for 5 full minutes and then went back up to full stats right away when it wore off instead of the gradual ress fx? Most people just go half way thru anyway, as soon as they can walk.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:29 am

i would love that so hard dart
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:35 pm

god that makes so much sense .. people DO go afk during CR/resses ... a lower time would be immensely helpful ...

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”