Auction!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Ashod
Sojourner

Auction!

Postby Ashod » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:29 am

!drop weapons that the curse has been removed from still identify as !Drop even thought they aren't !drop

a board to post about weps.. or a flag to say weather the items are cursed or not would be nice
Garsam
Sojourner

Postby Garsam » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:11 pm

Thank gods for the nice auction that they built in BG! Looks like the capital has moved from WD to BG and now we evils can meet our goodie enemies more often :). Well it is really great feature in the game!

I just have some ideas which i hope will improve auction a bit.
What we got now? Some ppl sell nice stuff and they earn money to buy better eq. But also there are a lot of junk in the list, and this junk stays there for mud months... Also when you sell something it is not easy to estimate what time of day your item will be finely sold. If it going to be sold at pick time, of course they got better chances to sell it more advantageous. Person who wants to buy something have to sit in auction hall until very last minute to be sure that noone will outbid him. There are also few ways for cheating. Instead of bidding, you can just wait for the last second(it is very easy to syncronize tintin time with mud time using 'last day reminder') and place your bid. Noone will have a chance to outbid you!
What i would suggest? Leave everything as it, but remove 'term length'. I think it is better to run auctions once a week when most of players online and when everyone have equival chances to win. Rest of the time everyone should be able to put items on the list, read list, check stats, bid on eq. If noone bided for some item during a week, then this item should not be auctioned to save players time.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:01 am

English Translation:

!drop weapons with curse removed are identified as !drop when auction identified.

Ashod wants a board to post about weapons or a flag to say whether or not the items are cursed or not.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:43 am

How about a pan-Sojourn lowbie auction? This auction would have halls in every hometown, items could be placed for auction from anywhere, and retrieved from anywhere, but, the items would be limited to less than 100 plat in price, and auction length to 2 months. This would give low levels the opportunity to obtain good newbie eq, and would keep the lower priced stuff off the main board.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:25 pm

The curse comes back.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”