Mounts being hurt

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Burpie
Sojourner

Mounts being hurt

Postby Burpie » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:54 pm

When you try to kill a mob's mount, you see something in the lines of 'striking a mount is an act of cowardice' So basically they're !kill. Pal/AP's basically suck in zones due to the mounts eating areas. Unmounted, these 2 classes just suck tanking vs. a real warrior. I would like to see if others agree that ALL mounts have absolute immunity to death. Some mobs like the wantering craftsman in hometowns are flagged where they can't be offensed or hurt. I would really like to see this applied to mounts as well. If the only bonus as far as tanking is the mount's dodging ability, you forfeit it zoning due to eating areas...again a warrior is by far better.
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:11 pm

mob mounts also get hurt
irta
Sojourner

beefier mounts

Postby irta » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:18 pm

I think the real answer is that mounts should be beefier. And really good mounts mounts should be questable (i.e. muspel roc would make nice mount for an anti after he does a lot of questing for rare roc training halter). Course, he probably has to quest again once it dies but if it sufficiently beefy it not die often. And maybe if he dies before it, it just flies off til he calls for it.
- T
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:31 am

You can attack a mount with any area attack.

That being said, warriors can tank better than paladins/antis because they cant solo their way to 50. Its a tradeoff.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:45 am

I prefer to think of a horse as an additional eq slot that acts like a shield, takes area damage, ups your hit/dam (not visible), but is a pain in the ass to move around with.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:23 pm

Mounts should really get evasion I think. Something that runs that much faster than a human is going to be able to get out of a blast radius that much faster when they see that conduit to the elemental plane of fire start up.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”