Zone suggestion

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Zone suggestion

Postby Thilindel » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:01 am

Have invasions load randomly despite zone having been done same boot. Would encourage more exploration. So if Jot is done (as always) after a reboot, then could load with invasion, or a chance thereof, later in the boot. Lots of people seem to log when zones have been done til another boot/crash.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:06 am

It already does that.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:34 am

Heh, I'm not sure if Dug is talking about just Jot, but many zones use a 'rares load over time' system, thus encouraging people to visit no matter what time has elapsed since boot.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:48 pm

Well darn! I still get the reply of 'We already did that this boot' etc. Wonder if there were for example 10 random items, when it reboots, 4 of 10 load. After an hour or so, it resets and 5 load, again random of the 10. that way it'd be 'fresh' when you go to the zone's edge you could type 'status'? maybe, just as an ap can try to lifetap and it lets you know how soon before you can become dracula again.
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:48 pm

Thilindel wrote:Well darn! I still get the reply of 'We already did that this boot' etc. Wonder if there were for example 10 random items, when it reboots, 4 of 10 load. After an hour or so, it resets and 5 load, again random of the 10. that way it'd be 'fresh' when you go to the zone's edge you could type 'status'? maybe, just as an ap can try to lifetap and it lets you know how soon before you can become dracula again.

So... instead of one of each item entering the game each boot you'd rather have 10 of each?

That'd be crazy, unless everything loaded like airship with a high rarity...

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”