Char Creation Help Idea

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.

Char Creation Help Idea

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:43 am

I know-I know, I was thinking yet again. I was wondering with all the changes that Sojourn 3 has been making to existing classes and new spells available to those classes is there a feature while creating a character that will enable the player to select help on a class (I know this is possible) but that the help on the class would include the spells available to the class (including at what levels)to aid the player when they are creating a character to minimize character generation and deletion of character because it turns out it is not the class the player is looking to play?

Any thoughts here?

Rho
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:54 am

I think this is a definite must. It can't be that hard, the player already has (had) limited access to help files while creating chars under the old Soj. Just let them see spells and spell descriptions as well.

Harthorm/Twiblin
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:25 am

Sounds reasonable. And it doesn't take any coding, just help file work - so I'm all for it! :D

-- Shevy the lazy elf
Tayros
Sojourner

Postby Tayros » Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:37 pm

Maybe include the primary attribute of the class in the help system as well so people get a feel for what they need for high numbers.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”