So, how is the unique item system gonna work?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Iaiken
Sojourner

So, how is the unique item system gonna work?

Postby Iaiken » Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:38 am

I am curious as to how the unique items are to be doled out... Hoping mostly that it will NOT be based on things that reflect the amount of time you spend on the mud daily... i.e. level's, zones, etc.

I think that the items would be more cherished if they hinged on other epic event's. Someone previously mentioned the attainment of lv. 50(or 51) via quest. And I think that once you have achieved such a high standing (because of the quest and all that rot...) You should be able to rename some of your key equipement, for example, a palladin chooses to rename his sword (2h) his, armor(on body, legs, and arms) to something that is approved by the S3 team... this would add to the attainment of such an event...

Thus they can always look back and say yeah, I got this here *holds up Valromir "Slayer of Fiends"* when I got to level 50(or 51)

But, if unique items are going to be so "unique" that only the elite few can get them(and eventually cease to appreciate them), I won't even bother with them... After all I do have a life outside of Sojourn... But remember all of the people on Sojour are unique and if they have the heart to try for it(not the time to kill running around the mud) should they be denied it?

Iaiken, Palladin of Torm.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:35 am

In the past, Lloth/miax would give artifacts to party leaders or, in the case of Avernus, his favorite warrior. At the time it was Kurz, who didn't lead much, but was an amazing player.

Other instances, Trolan (party leader) got doombringer because (as far as I can guess) he lead groups of non-CS players.

Mplor got a pair of haste/hit point gauntlets b/c he also led groups quite a bit.

So you might consider leading groups and building your reputation, though you have to take into account that there are quite a few people who have played on toril/sojorn for 5 years or so, and the gods know them.
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:40 am

Ruhr,

I never played on Soj as a high lvler for most of the time that those you speak of did, so I don't know the circumstances of how/why they got some of their items.

As has been mentioned before, Soj3 is supposed to be completely unbiased by the Gods and everyone should have an equal opportunity (given the amount of work they want to put in) to get any item.

I'm not even sure if God run quests are going to be held as they were in times of yore.

As usual, if I'm misinformed, un-misinform me quickly and brutally :)

Harthorm/Twiblin
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Wed Jan 31, 2001 7:34 am

*Sneaks out of the Shadows for a sec*

Kurz didnt lead much...? Did we play the same mud? I'm absolutly not here to stir up controversy but thats a total fabrication :)

Tagad, Ex-Cyrite follower of Tempus
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:15 am

Tagad!

Ok, let me amend that. He didn't lead that much the last couple years or so, instead leaving that chore to Todd.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”