Equipment decay?

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Lyt
Sojourner

Equipment decay?

Postby Lyt » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:12 am

Way back when I thought I heard rumors about the possibility of equipment that wears out, breaks down, etc. This would mean that weapons and armor only have a limited lifespan, and some items, such as magic ones, could have longer or infinite lifespans based on the power of the magic the item has.

My questions is if the mud is going to have equipment that breaks. I myself liked that equipment never "died" so to speak on Toril, except for stuff like acid/cold nuking bags and equipment being worn, and things like low level bard instruments breaking. I hope that my hard earned equipment doesn't break down and disappear on me.

Please let us know if this is something that is going to be changed for Sojourn3.

Lyt
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:42 am

Uuugh, decaying/breaking/damaging eq.... Y U C K

Your black longsword of destruction is damaged by the massive blow!
Your black longsword of destruction is broken, and forever lost!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:23 am

Don't worry. We're not fans of permanent eq loss either.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Wed Jan 31, 2001 5:24 pm

If you're thinking of eq damage, how about implementing blacksmiths to do do repair? Maybe hard to get-to smiths could do magical repairs/enhancements. Or, with the "proper" materials he could perform the magical repair/enhancement.
Yadir
Sojourner

Postby Yadir » Wed Jan 31, 2001 5:32 pm

*agree* Chezra and Lyt.. eq damage/degradation BAD. How would the game be any better if a player's eq needed to be repaired regularly? That's just annoying, if you ask me. In college I used to do my own car repairs but now that I have a job and more money, I have a mechanic do it. :P Fixing broken stuff isn't any fun in RL and I can't see how it would be fun on a game.
Lithius
Sojourner

Postby Lithius » Thu Feb 01, 2001 5:33 am

Thanks for clearing it up. Now I can sleep a bit better.

Lithius

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”