Deity Status

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Buvol
Sojourner

Deity Status

Postby Buvol » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:31 pm

I like the concept of dedicating a char to a deity, sacraficing corpses to that deity in return for deity favor which can be exchanged for corpse retrieval. This really gives the ability to explore the mud, get creamed and not have to start from scratch. The mud Im on now has this feature and I have done more exploring in that mud than I ever did in Sojourn. Just an idea, see ya in Soujourn III.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:13 pm

Sojourn is a hard mud, not a mud that has recall scrolls :)
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:29 pm

OMG man whoever you are that is the single most idiotic thing i have ever heard on any mud discussion forum. The cr is one of the very things that makes sojourn what it is. The CR is fun, challenging and is a good chance to make new friends and meet new people thats all i gotta say about that

Brugg Boulderbasher, the flying Oxen with the lame last name
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Mon Jan 29, 2001 8:43 pm

hahahahahaahahha

i explored a lot on sojourn hehehehe without that nonsense.

saitcho "i bet this tarrasque thing isnt as hard as it is in the monstrous manual" qindar
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:18 pm

While I agree that CR is one very important element for Sojourn to retain, I strongly disagree on how you responded to the idea, Brugg. Everyone is entitled to ideas and opinions and to put it down by saying, "OMG man whoever you are that is the single most idiotic thing i have ever heard on any mud discussion forum" is clearly uncalled for. Why can't people respond to ideas in a more positive manner than rude comments like that? It makes people not want to post and who knows, a very clever idea may be forever lost because of that.

My $0.02...

Nizrath
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:41 am

Hrmm, well CRs are can be a cool experience or an utter freaking nightmare. I still say give clerics and necros a high level quest spell to locate/summon corpse or a mob in the HTs that ability for a fee.

I mean, come on, until the surgeon general recognizes that MUDs are on the same level as tobacco and crack, we'll need divine intervention to help keep us employed :P

Cheers,
Azz
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:47 am

If we didn't have to worry about CRs, what would we tell all of our lamer MUD friends about the next day?

"Yawn..."
"Why are you so tired, Harthorm?"
"Sat around the fountain and sacrificed corpses for a 10 minutes to retrieve my corpse from Podville last night."
"Oh..."

Damn, that's boring.

Harthorm/Twiblin
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jan 30, 2001 8:36 pm

Yea, CR's are a great part of the game.

I dont think soj is a place for any type of recall/eq/corpse recall thingy.

I do think pcorpse rot times should be doubled, however.
Some ppl just dont have the time to get to it (e.g. very quiet time of night in usa and no help/fly/invis/di/lev, or something irl comes up, etc. etc.)
I really disliked the 2 hour thing, because it was only 2 hours.

Mogr
Caedym
Sojourner

Postby Caedym » Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:25 pm

I second that Namatoki. That was totally uncalled for Brugg. Although I too disagree with the idea of sitting around sac'n corpses to get your CR done, since Sojourn is designed to be a difficult mud, there was no need for such a response.

I would like to mention that the idea of Sacrificing corpses or mortally wounded mobs (even better IMHO) would be a cool feature if it randomly (very small chance here, perhaps 1% chance per 10 levels of the player, ex. 5% at 50th) generated some type of godly manifestation upon your character that had absolutely no benefits other then looking cool. What do I mean? Lemme give you an example. Say Ilshad incaps a mob, and then sacrifices it to Hoar while the mob is still Incap'd (she types “sac <mobname> hoar>). She gets really lucky and a manifestation of Hoar appears. In other words a simple room echo similar to "Lightning arcs overheard, accompanied by three deafeningly deep rolls of thunder." This could be one of like 3 or less different random manifestations per deity. Yeah, that’s a lot of lines of text to come up with, so it could get pretty long, but I feel it would be a pretty cool RPG thing to add in that wouldn’t be that difficult to do, just tedious. It wouldn’t even have to be based on anything in the player files, this way anyone could sac a corpse to any deity they wish, further taking things out of the Admin’s hands. If this type of idea was approved, I don’t see why some of us big RPGers, who also have a knack for writing, wouldn’t mind helping to contribute to the lines of text, that is, if the staff would be so inclined

Btw Ilshad, don’t forget Sojourn might not have recall scrolls, but it still has recall for shamans and clerics. Wish they’d take that out personally. In other words, we do have recall.

My two Zhents,

Caedym Shadowhock
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 30, 2001 10:14 pm

Interesteing idea Caedym, I'm not sure how feasible it is though...maybe it'd make a good SCT sometime after opening. I'll keep it in mind in any case.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Thu Feb 01, 2001 11:29 am

Also, sacraficing a incap'd demi-human to Torm, Helm and such wouldn't be cool. I guess I am just saying that sacing corpses to any god wouldn't be good *shrug*.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Thu Feb 01, 2001 12:03 pm

There were those black, quest "recall orbs" in Calimport Ilshad :)

Had quite a collection until they were changed to !rent. Usefull little buggers.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”