Level 50 quest

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Level 50 quest

Postby Gindipple » Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:50 pm

This could be interesting, each class has a specific quest they must do that could take up to a week that allows them to get lvl 50. This idea could be modified in several ways. Maybe you get lvl 51 with it. Maybe you get a special recall skill. I'm thinking of a kinda right of passage quest that's only done once per char as they enter their mastery. Could be role played out in that you must get a group of 5 friends that will swear by your skills. Maybe 50 don't mean that much to someone that's had 10 chars there, but to people that haven't it's special thing.

Gindipple (Gnome) had two chars reach 48 then pwiped.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Jan 28, 2001 8:25 am

hrmm
yes it could be interesting
kinda like the EQ epic weapon quest but this would be for lvl, not weapon
one thing in EQ i liked..
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Mon Jan 29, 2001 2:54 am

I kind of like the idea you have there, Gin. But I was thinking of something similar to the necro's lich quest. I think it would be neat if other classes could have a quest to promote them to a higher class at 50. Maybe a druid could become a heirophant druid. Or mages could become archmages. With the promotion to the higher classes, they would have access to advanced skills and spells. I think that would be a neat addition to the mud. What do you all think?

Nizrath
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:12 am

Wow that sounds neato! Mages become archmages and the druids thing too. I'm not sure what other classes would promote too, but the whole idea of the necro becoming the Lich would be really cool if it was expanded to other chars as well. Not sure how much it would do to game balance though. If I remember there were few people that made it to Lichdom which probably was not a hard thing to deal with on balance. If the quest is made hard enough it would help cut down on the balance problem too. I'm curious to see an Imms thoughts on this line of thoguht.

Gindipple
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Jan 29, 2001 3:55 pm

I love the idea, never made it to 50, was slumming in the low 40's forever... just havin fun.

For some of the classes I have some Ideas... let me know if you like them.

Barbarian- Warmaster
Fighter- Lord
Palladin- Knight
Monk (if they'll be around) Master
Cleric- Cardinal/Bishop (sorry for the catholic reference, it's all that came to mind.)

The only ones I really like are Barbarian (go figure) and Palladin.

Gort
ChuxTwistCorpse
Sojourner

Postby ChuxTwistCorpse » Mon Jan 29, 2001 10:54 pm

Me Thinks that the AntiPaladin should have a lvl 50 quest to become a DeathKnight , like how necro become Lichy.

Would do much to balance the pre-soj3 underpowered AP class , who knows maybe AP's will be badass in S3.

Chux Twist Corpse
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Tue Jan 30, 2001 12:37 am

I remember this discussion back on either the old BBS or on the code boards . . . Part of the problem is that the lich thing is really something that makes necros unique so giving it to a lot of classes kinda ruins the point. Also, necros wind up facing some downsides when they go lich. It's not just a class change, it also changes your race. Since they become undead IIRC they're outcasted from ALL cities, affected as undead by certain spells, and were only allowed to group with evil aligned folks. They were also considered evil race as undead so no more grouping with non-OC goodies. Gaining new skills or spells at 50 that you need to quest for could be neat, but I don't think the lich thing should be spread around.

And anti-paladins would need to get high enough for the transformation first, so I think it would be a better idea to focus on balancing them as antis before thinking of any conversion quests . . . oh, and D&D death knights are powerful undead that were good before somehow falling from grace and dying so they're not something an anti-paladin would become. We'd need another name =p
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Tue Jan 30, 2001 1:14 am

Yeah, AP's need to be ballanced. They were basicly just pallies without layhands and mounts. Sure they had some offensive spells but they couldent compeat with a caster and since evils had trolls they were not much use as tanks. Pallies at least could help heal after battle and be counted on for a layhands if things got hairy.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 30, 2001 2:49 pm

Rest assured, I am addressing the fact that (IMO) anti-paladins were the most suckful class in the game. We're not ready to release any details yet, but I think that they should have a little better footing on Sojourn 3.

--D2
ChuxTwistCorpse
Sojourner

Postby ChuxTwistCorpse » Mon Feb 05, 2001 7:51 pm

WOOT! D2 you badass, me glad to hear S3 pimpin out AP's a bit.

Chux Twist Corpse S2 lvl 50 troll
Daamkull S2 lvl 50 AntiPaladin.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”