Scribing!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Lyt
Sojourner

Scribing!

Postby Lyt » Mon Feb 05, 2001 3:52 am

OK I dont know if I was the only one, but they way it was set up to scribe spells in my guild always really bothered me. First off, it too way too long to scribe. Yes I know it wasn't something that I had to do all of the time, but come on....it would take 5 minutes to scribe an 8th circle spell.

If you happen to lose your spellbooks, or are making a backup set, it can take well over an hour of just sitting at your computer to do it, and you cant even talk to people except through tells.

How about either making it faster to scribe in your guild (can still take longer if you are teaching someone a spell...that would be fine to prevent twinking) or allowing you to do other stuff while scribing. I remember once Mystra kept trying to talk to me when I was scribing, and I couldn't respond through petition. Now that was lame....she was getting mad at me for ignoring her too! :)

Please revisit the whole scribing thing to make it a little more mudder friendly :)

Lyt

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 05, 2001 4:02 am

Ayup, that about sums it up. I agree about the time required to instruct another player, but there has to be something that can speed up the scribbing while in the guild.

Just letting you know Lyt, you're not the only one who noticed that. I didn't play an old conjurer for nothing, I was collecting my social security check upon finishing my scribing in the guild.

Rho, the ancient Shadowhawk, POTS
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Tue Feb 06, 2001 5:26 am

I HAVE to agree on this one, the command restrictions were way out of wack on the scribe command. Yes the time sucked but I learned to deal with it, literally I think the only thing I could do while scribing was send tells to other players. If my rusty memory serves me right I could not even read the help files to cure boredom=p Might wanna seriously take a peek at this, would probably be easy to fix.
-pheten
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:19 am

Absolutely, the inability to read help files or even remotely communicate really was horrid. Couldn't even use my toggles for different visual settings, one should at least be allowed to use commands that don't have to do with how your character interacts with the MUD (petition, help, tog, &c)
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Feb 07, 2001 12:16 am

Heh, I'd have to agree with you all.

Duly noted, we'll look into it! Image

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”