New Spell Idea!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
moritheil
Sojourner

New Spell Idea!

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 07, 2001 9:24 am

New spell idea!

Hi, I was sitting around reading threads and I just had a really interesting idea for fixing Druids and at the same time filling up some of their higher-level slots. Why not give druids a 'control elemental' spell? Many's the time when some elemental has been sitting around abandoned, *far* below my level, and it could have been useful to me. (Anyone who's spent 30 min. conjuring mentals of the wrong type can perhaps understand...) In addition, it would give something to do besides dispel elementals that were accidentally made agro. A druid convincing an elemental to help it makes much more sense than dealing with it in the conjurer sense, wherein they either serve or get dispelled. For that matter, there could be a "release elemental" command or spell that would be much shorter than 'dispel' which often fails. The elemental would then wander peacefully off. Well, that would work for druids, at least...

I envision this spell also working on para-elementals; after all, it's not as twinky as being able to *summon* paraelementals, and FR druids of sufficient level are able to summon paras from smoke, lava, ice and ooze. Druids could get this at 36 or maybe 41, with a (hopefully not too hard, as druids don't have vast fighting ability) quest perhaps.

PS- conj's might not like druids getting this spell and not them, so maybe they could be given 'command elemental' instead? (similar, lower level and quest, more likely to agro?).

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”